WXV Preliminary Finals - Pumas, Cobras, Suns, Armadillos

Started by ossie85, August 21, 2012, 02:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

CrowsFan

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 25, 2012, 10:55:40 PM
Congrats on the win maca. Looks like the pre season favourites were the favourites for a reason!
Not over yet CF!

(After Saturday Night matches)

Pumas: 746 from 9 -  Jacobs, McMahon, Duncan, Wallis, Wright, Minson to come
Suns: 1248 from 11 - Sandilands, Bartel, Chapman, Firrito to come

CrowsFan

How can you say not over yet when I am 502 points behind with only 2 extra players??

So far my 3 forwards who have played (Roughy, Blair, Whitecross) have scored 149 points between them when for the season they have averaged 285 between them. Zaha also well down, but I guess he had missed a large chunk of footy so should have expected that.

Happy with Ablett, Hannebery and Houli but every other player has been very very poor!!

Maca24

Well If Sandi got injured 1st quarter and Chappy did aswell. Then it would be possible ;)
So therefore you can still win!

CrowsFan

Looking more and more likely that I will be scoring my lowest for the entire season. What a time to do it!! ::)

meow meow

Adam Treloar is in my best team and he is an automatic selection. He would be in instead of WHE one hundred times out of one hundred if they were both available. If I made that one change to last weeks team, Moscow would be 1272 from 10 at the moment. It's disappointing to see the performance of some of the remaining teams this week.

CrowsFan

Last week I would have scored 169 meow, but this week struggling to get to 130!

meow meow

Apply the Richmond way of thinking: It's our year next year!

Maca is peaking at the right time of the year and it's been an incredible performance considering the amount of injuries the Suns have had. They deserve their spot in the grand final.

PowerBug

While on the other side..... Cape town and buenos aires will go to the wire.

CrowsFan

Quote from: meow meow on August 26, 2012, 12:11:33 AM

Maca is peaking at the right time of the year and it's been an incredible performance considering the amount of injuries the Suns have had. They deserve their spot in the grand final.
Not denying they deserve their spot, they have certainly earned it. Just very disappointed with my team this week

PowerBug

Just had a feeling, I think if I get through to the GF the biggest win/loss result set in 2007 may be under threat. Everyone but Paul Stewart have played crazily well.

meow meow

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 26, 2012, 12:42:13 AM
Quote from: meow meow on August 26, 2012, 12:11:33 AM

Not denying they deserve their spot, they have certainly earned it. Just very disappointed with my team this week

Sao Paulo deserve the other spot! That's the beauty of this game I guess. It's unpredictable.

Maca24

Before the finals I doubt anyone would have predicted them to lose in a semi! :O crazy week for sure.

ossie85

Really feel for you CrowsFan, harsh results indeed. But even if it went right still may have lost, with Mexico City have a cracker.

All Captains Played

Pumas: 746 from 9 - Jacobs, McMahon, Duncan, Wallis, Wright, Minson + HGA (currently 28)
Suns: 1248 from 11 - Sandilands, Bartel, Chapman, Firrito to come <-- record is possible.

Cobras: 913 from 9 - Sylvia, Grimes, Hawkins, Wood, L Thomas, Dunn + HGA (currently 40)
Armadillos: 971 from 9 - Boyd, Johncock, McKenzie, Petrenko, Bradley, Jong (OOP)

Armadillos nose in front... I'm saying Tomahawk is the key here