Trade Franklin??

Started by The Mighty Hoops, August 21, 2012, 10:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mighty Hoops

What are peoples thought on how effective Buddy is going to be if he plays this week?

If he gets named this week it means he's had 6 weeks out, playing the swans, chance of being subbed off, and possibly no Cyril to cause havoc and help draw defenders away from him...

Is he good enough to bounce straight back into the swing of things and score 100+? Will he need a good couple of games to find his mojo?

Last week was going to work perfectly for me as I had the bye in all bar 1 non-cash league, so it would have been a good preview to see him against a weaker opposition and put him in good stead for this week but instead he pulled a heart muscle.

I have 1 trade remaining and enough coin to get Beams . Most of my opponents have Beams so I'm concerned he'll pull out a 150+ opposed to Buddy's 70-90.

Currently I have Danger, Sidey, Fyfe, Lewis, Goodes, Zorko FRANKLIN (Smith, Smedts and Taylor Adams M/F currently on mids bench)

Do you think trading Buddy is a good or bad move?

lipservice

Think the hawks are just making sure they get him absolutely right for finals...Hodge came back after a long layoff and kicked a bag and didnt seem to miss a beat. Beams is an absolute jet though, however buddy could be a 'unique' at this stage as everyone is getting rid of him.

Try and get beams somewhere else in your side would be my suggestion

Free Kick

Yes trade him..Should have traded him weeks ago..

fever

i would get beams fo sho.

i'm in the camp of those that already have beams so i'm not sure what to do as the 'next best' isn't really comparable to franklin should he come in and play well (i have pav too, injured?).

KBcokebotl

trade the muddafk'er. beams has been awesum all year, only wish i traded buddy to beams when they were about same price, every1 has beams and i cant afford to do it now  :(

KBcokebotl

Quote from: fever on August 21, 2012, 02:28:37 PM
i would get beams fo sho.

i'm in the camp of those that already have beams so i'm not sure what to do as the 'next best' isn't really comparable to franklin should he come in and play well (i have pav too, injured?).
Stevie J playin lots of midfield now, lookin good

fever

thanks, already have stevie too. fwds franklin, beams, pav, stevie j, danger, zorko, dustbin (treloar, smedts)

i guess my options are walker, roughy, boomer, sidey. was planning martin->walker but the uncertainty over franklin/pav leaves me up in the air. will just have to wait for teams to come out thurs and go from there. i do have that sex god treloar as cover though if i want to take the risk (assuming he is back in).

ubeaut

I so badly want to trade him. However most of the value in trading him has been lost. Should have done it six weeks ago then I would have Stevie J scoring well for 5 out of those six weeks.

I doubt he'll score well vs Swans. However he is the sort of player who can take 1 week to find a bit of form then BANG he'll burn everyone who kept him this long and trades him now. West Coast are right down on their early form and he could score well against them in the SC GF.

I'm undecided.

fever

all 3 of my prelim opponents have him so i think that's close to a good enough reason to keep him.

maybe that should be the determining factor.

*obviosly that's assuming he's named and that you have playing cover

The Mighty Hoops

After a think and that link posted earlier I do not have any confidence at all in Buddy. I'm 75% set to trade him out because if he plays he won't score very well.
I'm just disappointed I didn't have the foresight to do it earlier. Luckily I've got enough in the kitty to get Beams  :)

fever

anyone looking at hawkins? pretty hot form. syd in r23 is a bit of a turn-off though

stonay

Quote from: The Mighty Hoops on August 21, 2012, 10:13:59 AM
What are peoples thought on how effective Buddy is going to be if he plays this week?

If he gets named this week it means he's had 6 weeks out, playing the swans, chance of being subbed off, and possibly no Cyril to cause havoc and help draw defenders away from him...

Is he good enough to bounce straight back into the swing of things and score 100+? Will he need a good couple of games to find his mojo?

Last week was going to work perfectly for me as I had the bye in all bar 1 non-cash league, so it would have been a good preview to see him against a weaker opposition and put him in good stead for this week but instead he pulled a heart muscle.

I have 1 trade remaining and enough coin to get Beams . Most of my opponents have Beams so I'm concerned he'll pull out a 150+ opposed to Buddy's 70-90.

Currently I have Danger, Sidey, Fyfe, Lewis, Goodes, Zorko FRANKLIN (Smith, Smedts and Taylor Adams M/F currently on mids bench)

Do you think trading Buddy is a good or bad move?

I'm in the same boat as you dude, except i have dangerfield, beams, sidey, tex walker, roughead, zorko FRANKLIN (hampton, f. roberts)

i really dont know who to go for but i do like the suggestions for you and myself of;

beams(you)
pavlich
hawkins/hale/ROK super roughies

who else are really serious contenders for the forward line that are likely to make a difference really? goodes is a SUPER GAMBLE

FYFE???

FonFatty

Quote from: The Mighty Hoops on August 21, 2012, 03:56:00 PM
After a think and that link posted earlier I do not have any confidence at all in Buddy. I'm 75% set to trade him out because if he plays he won't score very well.
I'm just disappointed I didn't have the foresight to do it earlier. Luckily I've got enough in the kitty to get Beams  :)
He is raring to go, he will come out and monster it up, a fresh Buddy is frightening for those that dont have him.
Same with Swan, he will monster it up this week too.
For those that have Buddy just watch all the kudos threads after this round is said and done...

The Mighty Hoops

After earlier gloating I had the $$$ to get Beams....well guess what???...I lied. I'm $1500 short! Flower!!  :'(

Thanks FonFatty for a little bit of confident spruiking but I will still consider trading him to a ROK > Stevie J > Hawkins. Pav has too many question marks around him to risk the punt at this stage.   

decisions decisions decisions................