Ablett vs Carrazzo

Started by kilbluff1985, August 20, 2012, 11:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

is everyone still going Ablett as captain or worried about the Carrazzo tag

my other options are Pendles, Watson, Deledio, Dangerman i am considering all of these and still have 5 games this week so almost looking for a POD in Dangerman or Deledio

quinny88

People doubted Abletts scoring ability against Hawthorn and look how that turned out :P

Ablett is in a league of his own. No tagger is worthy of taking the C off him

kilbluff1985

yeah guess your right as soon as his team mates get the ball they look for Gary to give it to him lol

juddy5x3

Have had the same thought about this one. He's done a number on Boyd, Pendles and Watson amongst others this week. Last week Carlton at times double team up on Watson. However i don't think Blues will be as worried this week.

Murphy as captain may be a point of difference as he's really starting to come into form now after injury comeback. For me it's out of these 2 and most likely GAJ.

Samm79

Quote from: quinny88 on August 20, 2012, 11:34:58 PM
People doubted Abletts scoring ability against Hawthorn and look how that turned out :P

This is too true. The only time you'd take the c off him is if you think your opponent will beat you 9 times out of 10, and you need a competitive advantage.

tor01doc

Free Kick

I can't believe that every week we still see posts re taking the captaincy away from Ablett..

GARY ABLETT IS CAPTAIN !!!! THE END.....

ubeaut

Quote from: quinny88 on August 20, 2012, 11:34:58 PM

I didn't doubt GAJ vs Hawks cos he has a good record against them AND they were never going to hard tag him anyway. Just like I didn't doubt him vs Pies even though they were always going to flog GC. Maybe a Lewis would "run with" him but he basically did what he wanted on his way to 40 touches and 189 points.

I can see merit in both arguments. YES he's GAJ - a champ, league of his own etc. Deals with hard tags most games and still scores well.
HOWEVER - He has thrown up scores of 64,87 110 and 111. The first 2 are woeful and the other 2 are good scores but I want at least 130 for a Captains score esp at this time of year.
Last season Carrots tagged him and he got 91. Carrots is up there with Crowley and Raines as the best taggers in the game now. Next week Picken tagged him and he got 141.

I haven't dedided yet, but GAJ is not ALWAYS an automatic choice.
Quote from: Free Kick on August 21, 2012, 12:40:11 PM
I can't believe that every week we still see posts re taking the captaincy away from Ablett..

That's what I said before he scored 64 and 87.

tor01doc

Ablett averages 14 points higher than the next player.

(That little dot at the end of the sentence is a FULL STOP!)

Statistics suggest sticking fat with the bald little man from the Gold Coast.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Free Kick on August 21, 2012, 12:40:11 PM

any decent coach at least considers his options

LF

I have noticed they have been tagging Bennell more than Ablett lately.
So my thoughts are they may tag him over Ablett.

fever

to have him and not make him capt is pretty retardo imo

Ringo

Quote from: luvfooty on August 21, 2012, 05:30:07 PM
I have noticed they have been tagging Bennell more than Ablett lately.
So my thoughts are they may tag him over Ablett.
Agree with Luv - Looks like coaches have worked out that GAJ is virtually untaggable so have put the tag on the next best Bennell to stop more run.  Suspect Carrots will go to him.

Elite87

Quote from: fever on August 21, 2012, 05:32:37 PM
to have him and not make him capt is pretty retardo imo

Extremely retardo

Jay

Promised myself i will never take the 'C' off him while he is still the best SC'er