The underperforming defender thread

Started by ubeaut, August 20, 2012, 06:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubeaut

Heppell - Team playing like under 12s, he's getting tagging jobs, doesn't win enough contests therefore most disposals are uncontested, gets 20+ possesions but can't score well, often starts well but goes missing in 4th quarter. Scores have been - 76,70,82,78 only 2 100s all season. lost 70 k. next 2 games has Tigers and Pies.

Lake - Worth getting at the start due to low price,is capable of good scores, BUT - being thrown forward, Needs Williams and Morris to help out on key forwards. Scores have been - 49,57,100,54. Next 2 games has Cats and Lions.

Johnson - Got him in round 15 and has had 1 good score since. 68,84,82,70. Has been given key defender roles affecting his scores massively. Dissapointing after such a good start to season. Next 2 - Roos and Dees.

I have Morris and Shaw on bench. will Shaw score well vs Dees and GC - will there be enough ball down back? Who should go if I put Shaw on field?

What are others doing with these muppets? What about Shaw?

batt

I'm benching Lake for Sammy Shaw until further notice.  He wants the ball and Lake doesn't, easy.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: batt on August 20, 2012, 06:46:13 PM
I'm benching Lake for Sammy Shaw until further notice.  He wants the ball and Lake doesn't, easy.

they play different roles

and yeah Heppell is annoying

roo boys!

Lake and Heppell really pissing me off as well. Particularly Lake, it just looks like he doesn't wanna be out there. I've got two trades left and Shaw on the bench as well...considering just trading off Lake to someone like Hurn.

In your situation I'd say bench Lake for Shaw. Unless you've got a trade or two to get rid of him.

ubeaut

Cheers 4 replies guys. When i benched lake in round 2 after his abysmal 30 he promptly said up yours with a 110. Could do it again. I think Heppell couldn't score a tonne if his life depended on it. Worst pick besides Ledger.

Keep the suggestions coming. I can imagine Suckling would be on my list if I had him too.

By the way i have 4 trades still so 2 each round to use. 133 k in bank. Also worried about Giles vs Saints/Roos and Chappy vs Swans.

What's more important - another defender, another ruck or another forward? And in what order? Cheers.

enzedder

I will keep playing Lake. Shaw is my 1st emergency. Spurr second emergency. Happy with that and will take what comes.

batt

Quote from: ubeaut on August 20, 2012, 07:36:48 PM
Cheers 4 replies guys. When i benched lake in round 2 after his abysmal 30 he promptly said up yours with a 110. Could do it again. I think Heppell couldn't score a tonne if his life depended on it. Worst pick besides Ledger.
Hahaha, started with both as well :|  Point taken, Lake, welcome back - Heppell GTFO.

Quote from: ubeaut on August 20, 2012, 07:36:48 PM
What's more important - another defender, another ruck or another forward? And in what order? Cheers.
It all depends really where you're potentially leaking points.  Name your weakest back, forward and ruck then have a look at the top averaging player you don't own over the last 3 weeks for each position.  Take the difference between the top and the bottom and the highest difference is where you should trade. 

Points usually follow the pattern of 1. Forward 2. Ruck 3. Defender

strikes91

I was going to say Adcock but i checked his average and 90 aint to bad i guess. he is capable of better