Main Menu

Wondering if Im the only ONE

Started by bowyanger, August 18, 2012, 08:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudge

Quote from: Grazz on August 19, 2012, 01:17:07 AM
No way, but dont get me started otherwise m0nty will be banning me. To think he'll be around for another 2 to 3 years possibly makes my skin crawl. Money hungry little fat small man syndrome White Goodman who incidently dont have a clue and he played the game.
God help us. ::). Yeh he's been behind the wheel when the AFL broke all records in TV rights but if Olive Oyle was behind the wheell the AFL would of generated as much capital, the sport is driving itself it only takes a halfwit to steer it, shame he doesnt qualify for that rank, 2 million a year with bonuses for his garbage not good enough not even close. Wouldnt wee on him if he was on fire. ::)

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 19, 2012, 06:47:16 PM
idiot!! he sold the sole of footy by taking it away from the majority and allowing the nazi's at fox to get the monpoly, and to ignore Tasmania in the expansion ::) flower you Andrew

Agree with both comments

Master Q

I think he could do better, but doesn't do such a bad job.

Only thing that annoys me is that he cares more about the money and power than the game. I would of given a team to Tassie before GWS...

I would have also made sure that the smaller Vic teams are not struggling before bringing in more teams. Keeping teams like the Roos, Bulldogs and Melbourne around is vital to our game.

Ziplock

despite tassie having a larger supporter base, consider this
sydney have a population of 4.6 million
tasmania has a population of 500 000

so assume that lets say 60% of tasmanians follow afl, and only 10% of sydney siders

sydney- 460 000
tassie- 300 000

and that's being generous to tassie imo and harsh against sydney.

that is all, suck it, go giants.

Master Q

Quote from: Ziplock on August 31, 2012, 06:59:05 PM

so assume that lets say 60% of tasmanians follow afl, and only 10% of sydney siders

sydney- 460 000
tassie- 300 000

Never said giving a team to GWS was a bad move. I said giving a team to Tassie first would of been better.

How has the attendance to the GWS games been this season? Imagine the attendance at Tassie games...

henry

I don't think he's done an awful job but not too bad either. I wouldn't mind too much if he stays for another couple of years but that mid year holiday was a bit...bizzare. Fair enough if its 1-2 weeks or maybe 3, but 7? Anyway the thing that needs to be changed and should be the first priority at AFL House is the tribunal/mrp. There is absolutely no consistency at all in their findings and some players are banned for ridiculous when they should have got off and vice versa

bowyanger

I watched the interview his highness did on AFL 360 this week....not well.
What does he actually do...its seems there are people at AFL to do everything, and he takes no notice DURING an investigation?? Whenever he was asked a question he had no idea how to answer...all I could do was imagine him sitting at a desk being a thief of the money us supporters pay to follow the game.
I cant believe there is more of a public outcry at the moment...the bloke needs more scrutiny in the media...thats probably against the law as well I spose.
When the host put forward a logical scenario for the rd 23 timeslots, all Demetriou was interested in was TV rights...and actually laughed at the suggestions...totally disconnected from the fans IMO
I dont think its right at all that AFL has become the puppet of Ch 7.
The AFL should be more considerate to the fans that pay to go and watch games / buy memberships...sure TV is important but not to this extent that the Demetriou era has created

It would be very interesting to see what he gets up to from 9am - 5pm...Mon - Fri

Ive got a fair idea

Sweet FA.......and going to free lunches

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on August 31, 2012, 06:59:05 PM

sydney- 460 000
tassie- 300 000

Like Q i get that Zip but my point is how long will it take GWS to get that where they are positioned in Sydney.
I think Tasmania would of been the safer bet to be up and running with a ready made supporter base straightaway.
AFL went to Sydney to one up the NRL and try and get a foothold, not saying its shocking decision but the AFL
will be spending millions proping them up for years to come because of a lack of supporter base big enough to
be self sufficient, thats where my concern is, is the dollars that will need to be pumped into GWS going to be worth it long term
or would Tassy of been the safer cheaper option.

I dont get the AFL being so concerned about the NRL i cant see the NRL ever really rivalling the AFL tbh but there is smarter men
than me running it so i hope they know what they are doing.

Ziplock

more potential for a big supporter base :P

fidou

There have been some stats on population vs teams and a % of population that support the game. Now lets looks at Melbourne. Can they support 10 teams into the future?

Ive been in Melbourne grannies talk footy on the tram so its safe to assume that 70% of the population support footy. 4.1 million people x 70% = 2.87 mill / 10 teams is 287,000 per team. Going on previous figures then Tassie really does deserve a team.

How would victorians, croweaters, sangropers, waratahs, banana benders feel if you had no team to support or more importantly go and see a game each week-end and bring your kids to - who are the future of the game. The game would die in that region. Look at the ACT in the 70's an AFL town - enter the Canberra Raiders and now its all NRL here - the kids are the future if you don't market the game to them you have lost. 

So does the AFL expand further for Tasmania or does it relocate a Victorian team. ( please don't say Carlton we have pokies and cardboard boxes)