Goodes vs Martin vs Zorko

Started by devize, August 16, 2012, 10:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devize

Who sits on the bench?

The obvious choice is Goodes who has been very poor recently. Playing the WB though, will be looking to get back in to form and Reid is back to release him more. Zorko looks like he could be tiring and has a tough game against Adelaide whilst Martin has a long trip to Freo but has scored pretty well since his suspension.

Currently have Martin and Zorko on the field but thinking of giving Goodes one last shot. Also have Franklin and Roughead who look like they could be vest candidates but don't think I have the guts to bench one of them. 

Current forward line is this:
Franklin, Pavlich, Beams, Dangerfield, Roughead, Martin, Zorko (Goodes, Hall).

SydneyRox

Martin on the bench for me. Goodes has the ability to score big, while martin seems to have a much lower ceiling ATM

kilbluff1985

Bench Zorko I also think he is getting tired

strikes91

devize

Quote from: strikes91 on August 16, 2012, 10:50:16 PM
lions are playing in brisbane

So they are, I read it wrong. That just makes things tougher.

no_idea

Ringo

Martin for me Tigers playing Freo in Perth.

It is amazing how people can say Zorko looking tired from 1 game. Taking out his first game as sub Last week was only the second time he has scored below 90 so he is tired!!.  Other prems have had similar scores and no refernce made to them being tired.  Zorko imo is approaching or at prem status  Taking out his  sub score of 18 he is still averaging 106.

devize

Quote from: Ringo on August 17, 2012, 08:38:57 AM
Martin for me Tigers playing Freo in Perth.

It is amazing how people can say Zorko looking tired from 1 game. Taking out his first game as sub Last week was only the second time he has scored below 90 so he is tired!!.  Other prems have had similar scores and no refernce made to them being tired.  Zorko imo is approaching or at prem status  Taking out his  sub score of 18 he is still averaging 106.

He has dropped off in recent weeks, junked it up big time against West Coast but I do agree and have put Martin on the bench. Had a look at Martin's record against Freo and he has been well held in most of the games played against them.

t.thomas6

Bench Goodes at your peril. He may have had a few rough weeks, but he's a proven SC gun. He'll be looking to come back strong .

Flip a coin over Martin and Zorks. They'll give a similar output.

woofy

Alot of teams have this problem this week me being one. Ive actually thrown in chappy with the other three because of his calf injury from last week + his playing more forward in the last few weeks.

roo boys!

Quote from: woofy on August 17, 2012, 06:46:59 PM
Alot of teams have this problem this week me being one. Ive actually thrown in chappy with the other three because of his calf injury from last week + his playing more forward in the last few weeks.
Yep I've got the same decision. Really tough one! Or I could DPP them into the midfield and bench Gibson, but that leaves me with no forward cover and Gibbo's in great form.

fever

i had to pick one of these three to trade to stevie j this week. i chose goodes.

woofy

Quote from: fever on August 17, 2012, 06:59:25 PM
i had to pick one of these three to trade to stevie j this week. i chose goodes.

Very brave man! I think Goodes will do well this week though. Markovic concedes quite a few goals if lined up with Goodes.

Still don't know who to bench!! Ahhh think it will end up being Martin....

fever

have the bye this week. setting up for prelims. prob bringing in walker for one of the remaining two then as well.