Main Menu

Daniel Talia Rising Star and AA?

Started by lachie_001, August 16, 2012, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: lachie_001 on August 27, 2012, 07:02:00 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on August 27, 2012, 12:07:34 PM
I think I may have looked at the wrong talia :P

Talia's generally not taking the best opposition forward (although he has sometimes), whilst greene is often going head to head with some of the best mids in the competition. Adelaide are winning because of an older and more experienced team, not just because talia's been solid. Rising star and brownlow shouldn't under any circumstances take into account how well the team is doing, it should be solely on individuals performances, as it's an individual award, and while talia is the best young key defender, greene is also probably the best young midfielder.

moot point though since he's suspended.
The crows only have about 10 players on their whole list whom have played more than 100 games and only about 6 or 7 of them actually are playing and I can tell you that our best player come from the ones who have played less than 100. So there is a young list atm, your obviously not a crows supporter so I wouldn't speak out if you don't actually watch them. You also can't judge everything on dt points. I don't doubt Greene as a I great midfielder but I just think that talia has just had a much much better year.

Anyway it is a 'moot point'
mate, last week the giants had 2 players who'd played over 50 games. Yeah, I'm not a crows supporter, but you're not a giants supporter are you? and I've watched a fair few adelaide games this year despite not following the team. Even if talia's had a better year, it's certainly not by a substantially amount, and I wouldn't go so far as to say 'much much' better. Fact is, Greenes averaging more disposals than any 18 year old ever has, despite being in a side that gets flogged nearly every week- it's not cheap easy ball either for the most part, he's constantly going hard at it.

tbagrocks

I'm sure everyone would agree Greene has been the rookie of the year, won't stop Talia winning the Rising Star though :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: Ziplock on August 27, 2012, 08:15:26 PM
Fact is, Greenes averaging more disposals than any 18 year old ever has, despite being in a side that gets flogged nearly every week- it's not cheap easy ball either for the most part, he's constantly going hard at it.
Hmm that's funny cos I was watching GWS play on the weekend and all Greene did was sit out the back behind the play and pick up cheap kicks all day long :P

Ziplock

he did pick up a lot of possessions off half back, which the commentators did speak about. But they were right in saying the whole game was played in our half back, so where else could he get them :P

CrowsFan

Haha that is true :D No doubting his ball winning ability though that's for sure!

Toga

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 27, 2012, 08:19:11 PM
I'm sure everyone would agree Greene has been the rookie of the year, won't stop Talia winning the Rising Star though :P

i agree completely with what your saying.

@lachie001 i think you need to seriously consider how you percieve our game, there is more to it than just the team you support and its players ok? greene and talia have both had outstanding seasons, but in different ways - greene in the middle racking up lots of disposals, talia shutting down forwards. you cannot say that talia has had a "much much better year" because it is obvious you are saying that simply because he is from adelaide.

that is all.