Main Menu

Daniel Talia Rising Star and AA?

Started by lachie_001, August 16, 2012, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lachie_001

IMO he just wins it as Sanderson himself says. He has done his job on pav, the reiwoldts, cloke, buddy, darling and more. I thought he stamped his name on the award after the Adelaide vs gws game on Jeremy Cameron who is probably the only other person who could have won it but after being ruled out for the rest of the season talia is surely becomes a lock. The only question now is he All Australian for the CHB, Id love to know anyone else who could fill the spot over him?

MTTY

Quote from: lachie_001 on August 16, 2012, 10:22:58 PM
IMO he just wins it as Sanderson himself says. He has done his job on pav, the reiwoldts, cloke, buddy, darling and more. I thought he stamped his name on the award after the Adelaide vs gws game on Jeremy Cameron who is probably the only other person who could have won it but after being ruled out for the rest of the season talia is surely becomes a lock. The only question now is he All Australian for the CHB, Id love to know anyone else who could fill the spot over him?

IMO no, too many ahead of him.

Richards, McPharlin, Glass and Rutten more likely to take the KD spots in the AA side.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: MTTY on August 16, 2012, 10:27:00 PM

Richards, McPharlin, Glass and Rutten more likely to take the KD spots in the AA side.

Agreed.

Ted Richards has had the half-back place in the AA sown up for a while now. It'll be interesting to see who gets the fullback position out of McPharlin or Glass.

Talia will be shortlisted, but ultimately miss out.

Justin Bieber

It would be funny if he gets AA, but no rising star.

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on August 16, 2012, 10:45:33 PM
It would be funny if he gets AA, but no rising star.
I heard Swan got AA last wednesday night :o

Kellogscrunchynut

He should get rising star since players like Greene and Cameron are ineligible.

lachie_001

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on August 16, 2012, 10:57:22 PM
Only Greene is and talia would deserve it more regardless if they were intelligible or not

Jay

Quote from: MTTY on August 16, 2012, 10:27:00 PM

add Alex Rance to that list as well

Tominator

All Australian - No.
Talia is good but not that good just yet. Will be in a couple of years though

Rising Star - Yes.
Jeremy Cameron is his biggest threat and key defenders don't traditionally get the big accolades but surely his form this year can't be overlooked for the NAB Rising Star honour. Deserves it IMO

Toga

Quote from: lachie_001 on August 16, 2012, 11:20:14 PM
Only Greene is and talia would deserve it more regardless if they were intelligible or not

if greene didn't get rubbed out he would've given talia a run for his money and could've just about pipped him imo. he's been in ripper form, a great role model for the other youngsters around him

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Toga on August 25, 2012, 05:04:28 PM
Quote from: lachie_001 on August 16, 2012, 11:20:14 PM

if greene didn't get rubbed out he would've given talia a run for his money and could've just about pipped him imo. he's been in ripper form, a great role model for the other youngsters around him

If you think about it, though, and not biased, Greene has missed a few games(rested), and had a few not so good games. Talia has played like every game, and does his job week in week out, rarely beaten. If you look it like that, Talia should get it over Greene anyways, the big DT scores and stats from Greene sometimes, might have made him look better.

Ziplock

talias had some off weeks as well. Greenes had like eight 30+ disposal games?

lachie_001

Quote from: Ziplock on August 26, 2012, 01:25:15 AM
talias had some off weeks as well. Greenes had like eight 30+ disposal games?
Talia hasn't missed one game, Greene has missed three. Greene also is playing in a squad who is being smashed week in week out, where as talia is contributing heavily in winning games and beating opposition key forwards whom have years more experience. If you look at it by contribution over disposals then talia wins it outright over any other player. End of discussion.

Ziplock

I think I may have looked at the wrong talia :P

Talia's generally not taking the best opposition forward (although he has sometimes), whilst greene is often going head to head with some of the best mids in the competition. Adelaide are winning because of an older and more experienced team, not just because talia's been solid. Rising star and brownlow shouldn't under any circumstances take into account how well the team is doing, it should be solely on individuals performances, as it's an individual award, and while talia is the best young key defender, greene is also probably the best young midfielder.

moot point though since he's suspended.

lachie_001

Quote from: Ziplock on August 27, 2012, 12:07:34 PM
I think I may have looked at the wrong talia :P

Talia's generally not taking the best opposition forward (although he has sometimes), whilst greene is often going head to head with some of the best mids in the competition. Adelaide are winning because of an older and more experienced team, not just because talia's been solid. Rising star and brownlow shouldn't under any circumstances take into account how well the team is doing, it should be solely on individuals performances, as it's an individual award, and while talia is the best young key defender, greene is also probably the best young midfielder.

moot point though since he's suspended.
The crows only have about 10 players on their whole list whom have played more than 100 games and only about 6 or 7 of them actually are playing and I can tell you that our best player come from the ones who have played less than 100. So there is a young list atm, your obviously not a crows supporter so I wouldn't speak out if you don't actually watch them. You also can't judge everything on dt points. I don't doubt Greene as a I great midfielder but I just think that talia has just had a much much better year.

Anyway it is a 'moot point'