Main Menu

Are we genuine premiership contenders??

Started by Hagebear, August 16, 2012, 09:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: lachie_001 on August 16, 2012, 11:50:25 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 16, 2012, 11:30:57 PM
No not premiership contendors but could very well make the GF
How can you make the grand final but not be a contender?
well i believe that we wont win it all...but if we can win out qualifying final and then get a home prelim. then i think we can make it to the Granny. Dont fancy us against either of Collingwood or Hawthorn in melbourne however

lachie_001

Quote from: Jayman on August 16, 2012, 11:53:33 PM
Quote from: lachie_001 on August 16, 2012, 11:50:25 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 16, 2012, 11:30:57 PM
No not premiership contendors but could very well make the GF
How can you make the grand final but not be a contender?
well i believe that we wont win it all...but if we can win out qualifying final and then get a home prelim. then i think we can make it to the Granny. Dont fancy us against either of Collingwood or Hawthorn in melbourne however
Whoever is in the grand final has just as much chance as the other team..

Colliwobblers

i disagree, teams from interstate simply do not play as well as they do at home, which is where they play most of their seasons games.

also the Crows had a VERY easy draw this season, and while they have stood up against serious competition, they will have an extremely hard time matching it with the top 3 clubs in a GF obviously in Melbourne,

for me those 3 this season being Hawthorn, Collingwood, and the smokie Geelong. Geelong's big game form cannot be matched over the past couple of seasons.

I just think if The Crows come up against one of those 3 in the GF they will need a small miracle to get over the line.

Again - for the record - i highly rate the side, but it is young in age, young in finals experience. That all does MATTER.

Freo and west Coast I think have less chance than Adelaide of winning against those 3 in Melbourne, and Sydney will have a hard time of it as well, although I would put Sydney above all other interstate teams this season, problem with Sydney is they just can't beat Collingwood :) 7 years and counting...

meow meow

I'd be very surprised if Adelaide make the Grand Final. Their home ground advantage isn't anything like West Coast's. If the Crows get into a prelim at home, it will be a night game where it tends to get a bit slippery. Sydney and Geelong thrive in those types of matches, and the pressure will be huge in a preliminary final. I do not think that Adelaide can match Sydney in a game like that. Geelong's experience would give them an edge in extreme finals pressure. Collingwood play AAMI stadium pretty well and are simply better. Buddy plays like crap at AAMI but Hawthorn are a very complete team at the moment.

tommygun

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 17, 2012, 01:18:48 AM
i disagree, teams from interstate simply do not play as well as they do at home, which is where they play most of their seasons games.

also the Crows had a VERY easy draw this season, and while they have stood up against serious competition, they will have an extremely hard time matching it with the top 3 clubs in a GF obviously in Melbourne,

for me those 3 this season being Hawthorn, Collingwood, and the smokie Geelong. Geelong's big game form cannot be matched over the past couple of seasons.

I just think if The Crows come up against one of those 3 in the GF they will need a small miracle to get over the line.

Again - for the record - i highly rate the side, but it is young in age, young in finals experience. That all does MATTER.

Freo and west Coast I think have less chance than Adelaide of winning against those 3 in Melbourne, and Sydney will have a hard time of it as well, although I would put Sydney above all other interstate teams this season, problem with Sydney is they just can't beat Collingwood :) 7 years and counting...

Completely agree, but I believe in miracles. 

-Never lost a grand final-

CrowsFan

You know whatlez you can just click the notify button to let you know if there are new replies instead of posting a useless comment ::)

tbagrocks

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 17, 2012, 12:48:16 PM
You know whatlez you can just click the notify button to let you know if there are new replies instead of posting a useless comment ::)
then he'd be out of a job ???

the flying hawk

Imo adelaide are premiership contenders but will not beat a victorian club in the grand final :)

McRooster

I'll be there so I'll let you know in 7 weeks time  ;)

*Marcz - seems I'm not going to Phillip Island after all to see Casey Stoner's last race.

McRooster

After tonights performance, NO  >:(

The draw has allowed Adelaide supporters to kid themselves of anything significant in September.

Hagebear

There we go. To answer my question shortly. NO!!! That's the Adelaide of 2 years ago. Pathetic!

Nails

Gotta give some credit to the mighty Lions, just too good.

Kurt will be all like, flower this, Lions were too good tonight, I'm staying in Brisbane.

McRooster

Quote from: Nails on August 18, 2012, 11:23:06 PM
Kurt will be all like, flower this, Lions were too good tonight, I'm staying in Brisbane.
He may as well have played for Brisbane tonight, he was flowering useless, no influence, leave him there and save the plane ticket back  >:(

Vossy kidding himself post match. Crows lowered themselves tonight to your (and other bottom eight teams) level. We learnt more about Crows and their fortitude tonight than we did about Brisbane.

Colliwobblers

Voss is almost as much of a hack as Buckley is , all Adelaide proved is that they have a lot in common with Collingwood, they have that uncanny ability to come out and play WAY below their abilities.

Lions have a lot of future stars but they are poorly coached and have a lot of development to do, the worst thing that could happen to the Lions, is that the club could be fooled into thinking Voss is worth keeping.

Crows will bounce back but this is why I questioned whether they have the mettle to take out a flag... YET...

that said I question just as much whether the Pies have the mettle to take out a flag or whether they will just go on wobbling.

taking nothing away from North either they were solid tonight.