The Spring Racing Carnival

Started by tbagrocks, August 16, 2012, 04:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

cool cheers mate btw maybe you should post that in the front bar by itself also more people will see it

gossiboy

Winchester will win the cup. Will travel the 3200m and barring a horror run (which could happen considering it drew barrier 22) it will be there at the finish. Hopefully it can get across easily without having to go forward. Carrying 55.5 kilos will be an advantage over the others when sprinting for the line and will be first past the post.

Also, Mourayan to be the best of the Aussie horses barring a wet track (which looks a probability).

c4v3m4n

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,69063.0.html

^^ Get on it if you haven't already.

Entries close midnight tonight or earlier if there are 72 entrants.

Tell your FF friends.

BratPack

I gave my numbers in the front bar but I'll run through the field here with my quick thoughts

1. Dunaden: It can't win. The weight will kill it, especially if the track stays like the road it was at the end on Saturday

2. Americain: Perfect draw, pretty close to perfect weight and Ollie wants a final hurrah before the hammer is lowered on him. Will be in the finish for sure

3. Jakkalberry: Won the Irish St Ledger then did less than nothing in the Caulfield Cup. Needs it to stay relatively dry to feature

4. Red Cadeaux: Is racing well but has never beaten Dunaden. Will be flying home

5. Winchester Can't see how you can finish 3 lengths behind Alcopop to winning the cup in two days. Likely rain kills any slim hopes it had.

6. Voila Ici If it stays dry, it's just making up the numbers. If it throws it down....Look out

7. Cavalryman Godolphin don't bring out slouches, and generally when they're NOT talking is when you have to watch them. It'll be there at the end

8. Mount Athos Weather means everything. If it stays dry, should feature. If it rains. Game Over

9. Sanagas It has J.B Cummings as trainer. That means it's a chance. Probably needs the give in the ground though

10. Ethiopia Probably one year too early. But will be in the finish.

11. Fiorente Hard to see it doing much on its last run. Pass

12. Galileo's Choice Dermott Weld is chirping about the track. That means he thinks he's got something. The wetter it is. The better it is

13. Glencadam Gold Will give them something to chase. But poor Caulfield Cup run combined with likely rain puts it out. Just say No

14. Green Moon Hard to know what to make of it. But rain again is its Achilles heel. Pass

15. Maluckyday Forget it went around in the Geelong Cup. The run didn't suit. Will get the distance and the rain won't worry him. Keep Safe

16. Mourayan Hard to see how it comes from the Craven Plate to win the cup but it is placed at the distance and the more it rains the more it comes into play. Watch the Skies.

17. My Quest for Peace Eyecatching run in the Caulfield Cup. Rain doesn't affect it like stablemate Mount Athos. Should be there at the end

18. Niwot On form no. But it's a mudlark so it pours down he'll be there. One for the Multiples

19. Tac De Boistron Geelong Cup run didn't suit. Another mudlark, if it rains hard he's probably the best international

20. Lights of Heaven Seemed to be looking for more distance at Caulfield. Over the Odds

21. Precedence No hope. Not even with Bart

22. Unusual Suspect It's not the worst. It will get 3200. But if it rains it'll probably be scratched. Mug Punters only.

23. Zabeelionaire A bit like Winchester. Hard to see it getting up based on its Mackinnon run. But a little rain will help.

24. Kellini Rain will help. Doesn't have the Maluckyday feel to me though. Not for me

northernstar

My Tri - Red Cadeaux, My Quest for Peace, Americain

colmullet

and my dry streak on the melbourne cup continues for another year......

tbagrocks

Maybe the Europians need to take a leaf from Americain and Dunaden (who flopped today probably under the big weight) and come to Oz earlier and run in a lead-up race prior to the Cup.

Well a local won it and I'm happy about this! Green Moon is a very consistant horse.

BratPack

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 06, 2012, 06:20:28 PM
Maybe the Europians need to take a leaf from Americain and Dunaden (who flopped today probably under the big weight) and come to Oz earlier and run in a lead-up race prior to the Cup.

Well a local won it and I'm happy about this! Green Moon is a very consistant horse.

Local? Green Moon is Irish. Just trained locally

gossiboy

Quote from: BratPack on November 07, 2012, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on November 06, 2012, 06:20:28 PM

Local? Green Moon is Irish. Just trained locally

The first 7 horses home in the cup this year were all Irish-bred.

T Dog

Got sent this today..... 8)

Tom Who ?
Spring Racing has again been struck down by a virulent contagion.

Not since the outbreak of Equine Influenza in 2007 has a virus had such an impact on the Spring Racing Carnival.

The latest virus has been identified as a extremely potent strain of marketing, and goes by the Latin name of Tommus Waterhouse Irritatus.

But most people refer to it more commonly as "Bloody Hell There He is Again".

Those afflicted often report continuously seeing stylized images of Tom Waterhouse wherever they look. On TV, in the newspaper, on the internet, on the train, in cloud formations in the sky and on the inside of their eyelids.

The effects can be quite debilitating and can range from mild nausea, to headaches, to sudden involuntary urges to swear and throw things at the television.
Pop on the TV in the morning, there is Tom. Switch over to the news in the evening - there is Tom.

Turn on Play School for the kiddies and there is Big Tom and Little Tom.

Snuggle in for some ABC period drama and there is Tom in waistcoat and top hat offering penny back specials on the 1892 Melbourne Cup.

Open up your breakfast cereal in the morning and there is Tom, cause he doesn't know how they make it go Snap, Crackle and Pop, but he does know what punters want.

So what do punters want? Their sanity back ! Please.

colmullet

haha i love it, he and his site are truely useless when compared to others out there.

fidou

Quote from: T Dog on November 07, 2012, 04:06:23 PM
Got sent this today..... 8)

Tom Who ?
Spring Racing has again been struck down by a virulent contagion.

Not since the outbreak of Equine Influenza in 2007 has a virus had such an impact on the Spring Racing Carnival.

The latest virus has been identified as a extremely potent strain of marketing, and goes by the Latin name of Tommus Waterhouse Irritatus.

But most people refer to it more commonly as "Bloody Hell There He is Again".

Those afflicted often report continuously seeing stylized images of Tom Waterhouse wherever they look. On TV, in the newspaper, on the internet, on the train, in cloud formations in the sky and on the inside of their eyelids.

The effects can be quite debilitating and can range from mild nausea, to headaches, to sudden involuntary urges to swear and throw things at the television.
Pop on the TV in the morning, there is Tom. Switch over to the news in the evening - there is Tom.

Turn on Play School for the kiddies and there is Big Tom and Little Tom.

Snuggle in for some ABC period drama and there is Tom in waistcoat and top hat offering penny back specials on the 1892 Melbourne Cup.

Open up your breakfast cereal in the morning and there is Tom, cause he doesn't know how they make it go Snap, Crackle and Pop, but he does know what punters want.

So what do punters want? Their sanity back ! Please.

I work in the gambling industry and really how can a guy like Tom Waterhouse get away with his advertising for gambling? Every other sector in gambling is so regulated except for sports betting and racing and everywhere you look its prices on sporting fixtures etc.

tbagrocks

Saturday at Flemington
The Carnival continues at Flemgton and we have the Emirates stakes day

Race 5. Patinack Farm Classic 1200m, Group 1. WFA
1. Buffering 5yr g 29:11-4-4, Meating his peers at WFA gives him an advantage, good odds and a good bet
2. Temple of Boom 6yr g 34:10-4-6, Can win a big race but not getting near atm
3. Spirit of Boom 5yr H 31:6-7-3, consistant without winning much, but racing well
4. Ready To Rip 5yr g 22:7-4-2, been in great form until the Manikato, still a chance at big odds
5. Mental 4yr g 11:6-1-1, Talanted and on the up, 2nd behind Sea Siren and right in it
6. Tiger Tees 4yr 15:9-3-1, Big test here but won a big race in Qld and is consistant
7. Bel Sprinter 5yr g 12:6-1-0, His star seems to be fading but on his day can win, but unlikely for me
8. Fontelina4yr g 11:4-2-0, beat Spirit of Boom when resuming but tougher race here
9. Howmuchdoyouloveme 4yr g 7:5-1-0, Suddenly nice odds after failed fav, expect improvement
10.Sea Siren 4yr M 9:6-1-0, Star Mare on the rise and only a 4yr old, has to be favorite
11.Hallobelle 4yr M 17:3-6-6, Racing well but will struggle to win against the best sprinters in Oz
14.Fire Thunderbolt 3yr g 4:2-1-0, talanted but young 3yr olds don't beat the older horses, remember the Cox Plate!
15.Snitzerland 3 f 10:6-2-0, very strange she's runnung again after recent failure, won't beat the older horses
tbag says
1. Buffering, should respond
2. Sea Siren, hard to beat
3. Mental

Race 6. Emirates Stakes 1600m Group 1
1. Fat Al 4yr g 10:6-2-1, Boom gelding perhaps his biggest test is his first run in Melbourne and anti-clockwise
2. Happy Trails 5yr g 28:4-6-5, Was blazing at the mile before trying at 2000m, back to 1600 and should go close
4. Solzhenitsyn 6yr g 25:11-2-6, In good form and should be in the finish again
6. Abidexter 4yr g 14:3-3-1, Failed at first Melb. run and going great before that
9. Streama 4yr M 17:7-4-2, Continuing to race over a mile instead of 2000m :o
10.Fawkner 5yr g 14:8-2-1, Passing all challanges although big class rise did win well last week
17.Free Wheeling 4yr H 13:3-3-1, Horse on the rise and bug test, couldn't beat Fawkner last week
18.Star Of Giselle5yr M 18:7-4-1, Impressive mare keeps winning but tested in this Group 1

tbags best
Fat Al, looks a top liner
Fawkner, won easily Derby day
Happy Trails, loves a mile

tbagrocks

Race 7 Matriach Stakes 2000m Mares Group 2
1. Silent Achiever 4yr M 11:6-1-2, Star Kiwi mare and she keeps winning big races, incuding NZ Derby
3. Midnight Martini 5yr M 18:6-2-2, Racing well
4. Crafty Irna 5yr M 25:4-7-1, Just won in Sydney and first run in Melb.
7. Lake Sententia 4yr M 6:4-0-0, Building impressive record but first stakes race

Race 8 Queen Elizabeth Stakes 2600m Group 3
all the failed Cup wannaby's will be a hard race to pick, also sad that some here with winning form didn't get a cup run over some Europians :-\

1. Lost In The Moment 6yr H 23:4-5-3, From Ireland having first Oz start, not sure what their aim is here with average form
2. Shahwardi 7yr g 21:4-5-6, Frenchy who won first Oz start in Herb Power
4. Folding Gear 5yr g 15:4-1-3, Won Natrualism before decent 7th Caulifeld Cup
5. Tanby 6yr g 22:8-3-3, Failed in the Lexus but won the Bart so ??? But has impressive record, good odds for EW ;)
7. Ironstein 7yr g 45:8-2-10, Racing consistantly without winning
8. Lightinthenite5yr g 14:6-2-2, won stakes before a 6th but meating tougher horses here
9. Vatuevi 4yr g 15:3-1-3, Young stayer on the rise winning the Moonee Valley cup, and previously the VRC St Ledger
11.Puissance De Lune 5yr H 11:5-3-0, Winning races but yet to run in the city, did just win the Bendigo cup
12.Dare To Dream 5yr H 8:3-1-2, Former Irish, rising, should go very close

tbags best
1. Dare to Dream, would've run a big cup race if he ran I believe, has a big future
2. Shahwardi, won only start in Oz
3. Tanby, good stayer

tbagrocks

Race 2 at Flemington is an unbeaten horse from Germany, 3 from 3 over there! interested to see what price he starts at, think I will get on

Race 2, 7. Why Not