The Spring Racing Carnival

Started by tbagrocks, August 16, 2012, 04:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Saturday at the Valley

Race 5, Vase 2040 3yr olds Group 2
1. It's A Dundeel 3yr 5:5-0-0, unbeaten and looks a real superstar, get on for the Derby
2. Viking Star 6:3-1-0, looks to have ability, from Adelaide and biggest test
4. Super Cool 4:1-1-0, up in class but distance suits

Race 6, Moonee Valley Cup 2500m G2
2. Precedence 7yr g 43:7-5-1, gets his chance in a week field
3. Rialya 5yr g 28:7-1-2, Adelaide Cup winner struggling
4. Ironstein 7r g 44:8-2-9, getting closer and should find a placing
5. Shenzhou Steeds 5yr g 18:7-1-0, won some Qld country cups and gets a chance here to prove himself
6. Moudre 7yr g 23:7-4-3, decent stayer in horrible form
7. Reuben Percival 6yr g 26:5-3-4, Did run third in the Metrop but maybe out classed
8. Ibicenco 5yr H 10:1-3-2, International in first Oz start, Doesn't seem to win though, Watch
9. Midas Touch 6yr H 20:2-3-3, 4th behind good horses last out, chance in weekish field
11Vatuvei 4yr g 14:2-1-3, has ability and when on could feature

Race 7 Crystal Mile 1600m WFA G2
1. Rangirangdoo 8yr g 31:10-9-2, Racing well before last start flop, should feature
2. Solzhenitsyn 6yr g 24:11-2-5, Looks a good horse, hard to beat
6. Ambidexter 4yr H 13:3-3-1, Star in the making, 2nd in the Epsom and should go close
7. Silent Archiever 4yr Mare 10:5-1-2, More a staying type which raises som questions (why isn't she in the Cups and staying races this spring?) but a top kiwi mare

Windigo

Liking the look of race 9 with Tavernelle at the huge odds of 34.00 on Sportsbet.

Even a place bet is 7.00. A stronger class this race but did get the win at canterbury.  :-\

Track rating is dead 4 ATM, Tavernelle did get a place from his 3 starts on a dead track, but Spiriot song looks the goods.

Interested on your thoughts T-bag,  I think a place bet wouldn't got astray.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Windigo on October 27, 2012, 10:08:55 AM
Liking the look of race 9 with Tavernelle at the huge odds of 34.00 on Sportsbet.

Even a place bet is 7.00. A stronger class this race but did get the win at canterbury.  :-\

Track rating is dead 4 ATM, Tavernelle did get a place from his 3 starts on a dead track, but Spiriot song looks the goods.

Interested on your thoughts T-bag,  I think a place bet wouldn't got astray.
Unless you've seen her run and like the look it's not a good bet, there are a few classy types and she will struggle to get near them I think

Spirit Song was tough oppersition in Star of Giselle, Skyrush is racing well and Zurella has talant

Tri - 5,1,2

Windigo

Yeah, your probably right.

She did come from behind to win at canterbury when she was 4-5-5 throughout. After being interfered at start.

I'll be on green moon for the Cox plate.  :)

Windigo

Had a nice Quinella win with It's A Dundeel & super cool.  8)

$250,000 @ 1.30 for the Dundeel to win and he lost.  :P

tbagrocks

Had the tri, Dunny, Cooly and Viking 8)

How good is this All to Hard gonna be? Ocean Park looks the horse of the Spring but the Great Mares little bro has a big, big future!

tbagrocks

Can you believe after all the wraps I gav him I didn't put a cent on Ocean Park, had a bundle on All To Hard at the place though ;D a little bit on All to Hard and Etheopia to win

Bossy seems to love this Ocean Park and now he's a Cox Plate winner, what next for the mighty Kiwi?

Hawka

Wow my betting/tipping this srping has been awesome!
Picked All Too Hard in the guineas , Dunaden in the Cup and 2 random horses on Caulfied cup day and tipped All Too Hard today and he went quite well :D

Windigo

Completely overlooked ocean park.  ::)

Even though when you look back on it, he was a logical bet.

Windigo

Tavarnelle ran a nice second placing just now.

Didn't put the bet on.  ::)

tbagrocks

I find the best way to bet is stick with your gut! Bad luck mate!

So suddenly it's Derby day next week, the Cup week is here just like that!

But who is the Cup favorites now? :-\ Surely Dunaden has to be there, what about Geelong cup winner Gatewood? will be following closely this week

fidou

Had all three in the stable Ocean Park, All to Hard and Pierro.

kilbluff1985

any good tips for the Melbourne Cup?

i don't have a clue on horses lol

Windigo

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on October 29, 2012, 10:40:51 AM
any good tips for the Melbourne Cup?

i don't have a clue on horses lol

Maybe Dunaden, but he is carrying that penalty and has history against him.

Americain is the odds on 'favorite', but I think there is a lot of value in Gatewood, even Lights of Heaven.

kilbluff1985

Cheers Windigo, will the odds go down or up alot if i wait until cup day to bet? or am i better doing it now?