The Spring Racing Carnival

Started by tbagrocks, August 16, 2012, 04:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Fridgen 13 000th already and I thaught I went ok  :-\ Pitty Glen Boss couldn't get the favored runners he had closer I might have beaten all the Nash punters  ??? Well time to bring in Pierro, but just what to do with the second trade?

fidou

Ha ha the leader has picked 5 winners Fat Al, Green Moon, Its a Dundeel, Norzita and Gencadom Gold  and with Nash has 1.8 mill. You needed 1.5 mill to get top 50.

northernstar

Any tips from this meet from anyone, especially cheapies?

I didn't mind the run of Dare To Dream (was 25K - Now 50k) I heard on radio it has been nominated for cups, and It's a bart cummings.

Of course you'd have to get on Glencadam Gold after that effort!

I thought everyone would be on Nash Rawiller, will have a look at his mounts next week, but can't see me trading Gai's number one guy!

fidou

Quote from: northernstar on October 07, 2012, 09:25:55 PM
Any tips from this meet from anyone, especially cheapies?

I didn't mind the run of Dare To Dream (was 25K - Now 50k) I heard on radio it has been nominated for cups, and It's a bart cummings.

Of course you'd have to get on Glencadam Gold after that effort!

I thought everyone would be on Nash Rawiller, will have a look at his mounts next week, but can't see me trading Gai's number one guy!

Well I suppose you would not want any tips from the last stable atm

northernstar

Quote from: fidou on October 08, 2012, 08:33:40 AM
Well I suppose you would not want any tips from the last stable atm
I am open tips from anyone. Did you do that badly?

tbagrocks

Lady of Harrods if she runs this week, Lights of Heaven, Dance With Her, Ocean Park, can Sincero win the Toorak?

tbagrocks

Surerstar Manigher is out of the Carnival! And I put him in my stable last week :-\

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/superracing/peter-moody-loses-manighar-for-spring-as-stayer-succumbs-to-knee-injury/story-fn67lu29-1226493470626
So how does this change things especially the Cox Plate and Melbourne Cup?

tbagrocks

This week is Gueneas day Saturday at Caulfied with the Caulfield Gueneas, Caulfield Stakes (formally the Yallumba stakes) and Toorak Handycap

R2 Blue Saphire Stakes 3yr olds, 1200m
This looks a match race between Sizzling and Snitzerland with boom filly Snitzerland the hot favorite! Also she's the Slipper runner up to Pierro!
    Sizzling has a similar record having won 5 of 8 so it's a big match up, Sizzling might just need more distance.

R4 Schillaci Stakes 1000m, this is a traditional spring sprint and is wide open
1. Buffering, 27:10-7-4, One of the best sprinters in the country with a great record
2. Temple of Boom, 32:10-4-6, good stakes performer and usually not far away
3. First Command, 28:10-6-2, Wins a few but struggles to beat the topliners
4. Pampelonne, 4yr Horse, 8:5-2-0, Great record but only managed 6th in the Doomben 10 000, Watch in this class
5. Golden Archer, 4y Horse 14:8-2-1, looking like a real class sprinter , Follow
6. Stirling Grove, 6y, 23:-7-5-3, good SA horse third here last year, can be prominent
7. Snitzem, 4y H 8:3-0-3, interesting runner, wins easier grades but big test here!
8. Didntcostalot, 4y H 11:4-2-0, seems to go ok in stakes class but big test
9. Lone ZRock, 5y Mare 18-4-2-3, She did win the Goodwood and Bobby Lewis last year, has a chance
10.Malasun, 3y filly 3:1-0-0, has 51kg here and won big race first start, watch her closely

R5 Caulfield Stakes 2000m Group 1, formally the Yallumba
2. Sincero, 24:12-1-0, Not sold on him at this distance
4. Alcopop 8y G 30:9-3-0, their still trying with him, was going better last spring still ran 9th here, pass
5. Sanagas, 7y G 13:7-1-0, German still building up to his distance, Cummings factor for the Cups
6. Ocean Park, 4y H 9:5-3-0, if he's not in your stable why not! current odds $1,60
7. Sabrage, 4y H 15:2-1-2, time to lift! May still want further
8. Vatuvei, 4y G 13:2-1-3, Trained by Moodey, won the St Ledger, I'd keep an eye on him!

R6 Toorak Hcp 1600m G 1
1. More Joyous, 6y Mare won 21 of 28, what more needs to be said
2. King Mufhasa, 8y G 52:19-6-5, Kiwi won this last year!
3. Glass Harmonium 7y H 25:5-5-2, consistant galloper can win big races
4. Yosei 5y Mare 28:4-1-2, doesn't seem to win in these classes
5. Steps In Time, 5y M 12:6-1-1, Give her a chance to see how she goes here
6. Illo 7y H 22:5-4-1, hasn't won in Australia
7. Solzhenitsyn, 6y G 23:10-2-5, Ran 3rd behing Moment of Change last run, Has to bee some chance
8. Spirit Song 5y M 22:7-6-1, has won some stakes races and has some claims
9. Tokugawa 5y G 9:4-1-1, big class rise here

R7 Caulfield Guineas 3yr olds, 1600m Group 1
1. Pierro 8 starts 8 wins Including the Slipper, has taken the mantle from The Great Mare
2. Epaulette 7:4-1-1, seems the most capable of an upset
3. AllToHard 7:3-1-1, hasen't been the same since he ran into Pierro, his first few wins were as good as Big Sis
4. Ashokan, 7:1-1-1, seems to have some ability
5. Road Trippin 10:1-2-2, might struggle to get close
6. Carringbush Jack 6:1-3-0, 2nd behind Pierro, Bill Stutt Stakes at huge odds
7. Awesome Bro 5:2-1-1, has some ability and will do well to place
8. Let Go Lenni 3:1-1-1, Big run in the Prelude when 2nd suggests he can feature

R8 Herbert Power Stakes 2400m
1. Precedence 7y G 42:7-5-1, not sure he's ever been up to the top class stayinh races
2. Gatewood 5y Horse 8:4-2-1, Europian Raider with big record Follow
3. Ironstein 7y G 43:8-2-9, doesn't win big races but around the mark
4. Shahwardi 7y H 20:3-5-6, making Aus debue gone well in big French races, Watch closely
5. Bianmick 6y G 28:9-1-5, Won the JRA Cup so has a chance
6. Dance With Her 6y M 42:11-10-5, my smokey ;D Consistant and has a big show here
7. Reuben Percival 6y G 25:5-3-4, 3rd last week in metro, seems to be around the mark in these races
8. Exceptionally 6y M 31:4-4-4, not sold and will watch with interest
9. Excluded 5y G 16:7-2-1, Trying to make his way into stakes class, 8th JRA Cup
10.Mr O'ceirin 5y G 19:7-2-1, another trying to make the stakes grade, 2nd Naturalism stakes

fidou

Was looking this arvo and had Ocean Park in. Its a bit of a toss of the coin between Nash and Corey for the jockey this week.
Also tbagrocks your analysis is tremendous!

tbagrocks

Cheers mate, jsut trying to give back to ff I guess  :D

I think Brown, Nash has two certainties but Corey has one and more chances for me, was hard not to bring in Dance With Her but this Gatewood could be big and had to go Manighar=Pierro :-\ lol Is Dancey gets up I'll be spewing, well not really as I'll have some money on her but my Stable will cry!

northernstar

I only got two horses in! Any tips on the bell?

tbagrocks

I'll have "Dance with her" each way, also see what price More Joyous is and if she's $2 or more get on!

northernstar

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 13, 2012, 11:07:05 AM
I'll have "Dance with her" each way, also see what price More Joyous is and if she's $2 or more get on!

I brought her in, but you gotta worry about 60kg!
Also kept N.Rawiller.

I have Pierro, Sabrage, More Joyous and Excluded in today.

Tips people???......where are the tippppppps!  :P

tbagrocks

Adelaide Race 1, 2 Splash of Moet 7 Latvian Amber lol this horse was tipped earlier this morning but I went Moety
Race 8, 16, Essay Raider

tbagrocks

So Pierro is beatable andd the Great Mare's little bro has won

All To Hard came from last to just get over Pierro in the Caulfield Guinneas, he now has to be a favorite for the Derby I would think!