The Spring Racing Carnival

Started by tbagrocks, August 16, 2012, 04:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northernstar

Quote from: fidou on September 06, 2012, 01:37:21 PM
Does anyone do Star Stable for the spring carnival?

Me, But I've no idea what I'm doing...lol

Do you know any strategy?

fidou

Quote from: northernstar on September 24, 2012, 04:07:12 PM

I had a great strategy last year followed everything and came about 4th out of 8 at work. The winner picked the Caulfied, Cox Plate and the Melbourne Cup winners. So that is your strategy. Winners in the big races.
The first two meets haven't got big prizemoney so I think I'll try and pick Caulfield, Cox and Melb winners with my big guns and try and sus out some cheap prospects initially. Its fun picking a jockey also.

northernstar

Quote from: fidou on September 25, 2012, 05:12:21 PM

I had a great strategy last year followed everything and came about 4th out of 8 at work. The winner picked the Caulfied, Cox Plate and the Melbourne Cup winners. So that is your strategy. Winners in the big races.
The first two meets haven't got big prizemoney so I think I'll try and pick Caulfield, Cox and Melb winners with my big guns and try and sus out some cheap prospects initially. Its fun picking a jockey also.

Thanks for that! :)

I was contemplating just loading up on whomevers in the first race meeting. You really have to know who will be racing the week after right? And when you say pick big race winners, is that by trading them in? or having big names from the start?

tbagrocks

We have a big meet at Moonee Valley friday night and the feture races are

R7 The Bill Stutt Stakes 1600m
1) Pierro, this champion 3yr old is still underfeated and won the Slipper! get down to the TAB to watch
2) Jimando, talanted Colt won 3 of 6, two straight wins since resuming

then we have traditional a Cups lead-up race, big names here
R8 JRA CUP 2040m
1) Precedence, Hasn't delivered yet but the 7yr old Cummings Gelding has class
2) Alcopop, Star SA stayer getting older
4) Moyenne Corniche, former international stayer hasn't delivered yet
5) Dance With Her, 6yr Mare won 11 races, handy stayer was 2nd 2012 Brisbane Cup, went well first up for 5th
6) Excluded Favorite! won 7/15, staying type hasn't won anything big yet!
7) Miss Artistic, 4yr Mare won NZ Oaks
9) Sabrage, 4yr Horse, 2nd SA Derby, 3rd RVC Derby won Norman Robinson, won 2/14 but pay to follow for Cups
13) Frueling, 5yr Horse, former Irish Stallion, won 4 of 5 in Australia(country races) trained by A Freedman, pay to follow

tbagrocks

SATURDAY ar Rosehill

Don't miss
R3 the Golden Pendant 1400m
1) More Joyous, Superstar, hasn't lost since last October :o Winning Group 1 races the Queen of the Turf, The Doncaster, The Queen Elizabeth Stakes, She's now won 20 of 27 races!

other stakes races include

R4 Stan Fox Stakes 1400m 3yr olds
1) Albrecht, won 2/4, including the Up and Coming Stakes in August
2) Kabayan, 5:1-3-1 Waterhouse trained, won once  but 2nd in three stakes races
4) Magic Shaft, no joke that's his name, 6:1-3-1 Talanted Kiwi who only missed his first place in first run in Aus

R5 Shannon Stakes 1500m
1)Fat Al, won 5 of 8, including two stakes races

SUNDAY at Caulfield

R5 Caulfield Guineas Prelude 1400m, plenty of talant here
1) Epaulette, won 3/6, won G1 Golden Rose two weeks ago in Sydney
2) Ashokan, won 6:1-1-1, 3rd Golden Rose
3) Shamexpress, 5:1-1-1, 9th Golden Rose, 3rd Mcniel (2nd was Kabayan) 1st Sep
5) Awesome Bro 4:2-1-0, 2nd behind Jimando in the Henry Bucks Stakes 8th Sep (Jimando runs friday against pierro)
6) Dominant, 3:0-2-0, 5th Henry Bucks

R6 Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes 1400m
1) Glass Harmonium, Star resuming, led all the way to win the Mackinnon Stakes, needs further but goes well fresh
2) Pinwheel, 7yr, 34:12-9-4, sprint to mile galloper, 4th Doncaster, won two of two since resuming
3) We're Gonna Rock, Class Sprinter/miler 15:5-2-0, won Bobby Lewis first up, Kavanagh! Follow
4) Second Effort, 24:9-3-3, another classy sprinter/miler
6) Solzhenitsyn, record of 22:10-2-4, miler, stepping up in class to run with the big boys, WATCH
8) Shanghai Warrior 4yr Horse 10:5-2-1, won Stakes race two starts back so has class, 16th in the Bobby Lewis
9) Moment of Change 4yr Gelding 8:4-0-3, Moody/Nolen combo, can stap up here, favorite!
10) Mr Make Believe, 19:9-3-0, hasn't risen to Group level yet but Moody factor!
11) Strike the Stars, 4y G, 13:1-3-1, ran well in all the 3yr old staying races without winning, 2nd behind Mosheen Aus Guineas
12) That's The One, 8:3-1-0, looks a talanted 4yr old

tbagrocks

It's Sunday night and all the racings done and won, here's what happened

Friday Night at Moonee Valley
Pierro won the Bill Stutt Stakes in his first Melbourne run easilly, now won 8 from 8  :o andis the Cox Plate fav

Schnitzeland, Red hot fav won again

JRA CUP 2040m
IronStien vetran stayer flashed home for third
Dance With Her, My Spring Smokie, ran a good second and I fancy her in the Cups :o

Saturday at Rosehill
More Joyous continued her Amazing run and won again

Stan Fox Stakes
Kabayan, the 3yr old I'm following won nicely but may struggle to beat Pierro and Epaulette
Albrecht started fav but ran second

Sunday at Caulfield
Caulfield Guineas Prelude 1400m, 3yr old
Epaulette, Helmet's half brother romped in the Prelude

Rupert Clarke Stakes, Group 1 1400m
Moment of Change won his 5th race from 9 and confirmed he is a major player this spring
We're Gonna Rock, is all class ran strong second
Glass Harmonium, ran a brilliant fourth and is one to follow at 2000m again!

fidou

Thanks tbagrocks - Dance with her is in the stable!!

northernstar

Great stuff. Will be signing back on to read this saturday morning for more tips!
+1 tba!

j959

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 01, 2012, 04:00:21 AM
It's Sunday night and all the racings done and won, here's what happened

Friday Night at Moonee Valley
Pierro won the Bill Stutt Stakes in his first Melbourne run easilly, now won 8 from 8  :o andis the Cox Plate fav

Schnitzeland, Red hot fav won again

JRA CUP 2040m
IronStien vetran stayer flashed home for third
Dance With Her, My Spring Smokie, ran a good second and I fancy her in the Cups :o

Saturday at Rosehill
More Joyous continued her Amazing run and won again

Stan Fox Stakes
Kabayan, the 3yr old I'm following won nicely but may struggle to beat Pierro and Epaulette
Albrecht started fav but ran second

Sunday at Caulfield
Caulfield Guineas Prelude 1400m, 3yr old
Epaulette, Helmet's half brother romped in the Prelude

Rupert Clarke Stakes, Group 1 1400m
Moment of Change won his 5th race from 9 and confirmed he is a major player this spring
We're Gonna Rock, is all class ran strong second
Glass Harmonium, ran a brilliant fourth and is one to follow at 2000m again!
Moment of Change - good run, likes that outside draw it seems ... hurt me in a First 4 for that race - didn't think he'd go top 2 but definitely thought he'd place ... so bet = FAIL ... :(    ;)

tbagrocks

Saturday the 6th October, we have the Epsom, Spring Stakes, Metropoloton and Turnbull Stakes

Randwick, Sydney

R4. Craven Plate, 2000m
2. Mourayan, Ultra consistant stayer, fancied here but will have eye's on the Caulfield Cup I'm sure
4. Class In Class, International won good races in England, not beaten far last time by very good horses,Follow
6. Hurculian Prince, Gai's star stayer is capable but hasn't won for a while
7. Western Symbol, won 6 of 17, beat good horses last campain and could be a smokie this spring, Watch
10. Dare to Dream, won 3 of 5, stepping up in class but.. Trained by Bart  :o Big Smokie

R5. Spring Champion Stakes Group 1. 2000m 3yr olds
1. Proisir, 3 starts 3 wins Trained by Gai, beat class 3ys olds last time in the Spring stakes, going for the Derby
2. It's A Dundeel 4:4-0-0, unbeaten, won stakes race in the Gloaming, interesting!
3. Honorius, 9:2-1-1, looks a good galloper, 2nd in the Gloaming
4. Lunar Rise, 3rd Gloaming, Cummings stayer getting better over distance, pay to follow
5. Laser Flash, another getting better with distance
6. Bradman, 8:2-1-0 Trained by Hayes so is a smokie to keep an eye on now getting over more ground
7. King Of Olympia, 3:1-0-0 Same as Bradman keep an eye on, Trained by Gai

R6. Flight Stakes Group 1. 1600m 3yr fillies
1. Dear Demi, 11:3-2-2, good filly, consistant in top company, 4th Tea Rose Stakes 22/9/2012 Won Furious Stks 8/9
2. Longport, 5:3-1-0, Big smokie, won 3 of five! won the Tea Rose
3. Jade Marauder, 8:2-1-3, 3rd Tea Rose, 3rd Furious
5. Norzita, 5:1-2-0, 2nd Tea Rose, Trained by Bart
6. Urban Groove, 2 from 2, won Reg Allen Stakes last week, Waterhouse trained
8. Duet, 3:1-1-0, Cummings filly stepping up in class

R7. Epsom Handicap, 1600m Group 1.
1. Shoot Out,Superstar! Most consistant Galloper, beat these horses in the George Main 22/9/2012
2. Rangirangdoo, 2nd behind Shoot Out in the George Main, can run a place again
3. Secret Admirer, 19:3-5-7, class Mare 3rd George Main, doesn't win many
6. Ambidexter, 4yr 12:3-2-1, Beat Fat Al 15th Sep, and ran 4th in the Randwick and Rosehill Guineas so has class, Follow
7. Rolling Pin, 23:8-4-2, Won last week in a boilover and could win again
8. Fat Al, 4yr, 9:5-2-1, beaten last week but has class
9. Kontiki Park 7yr 30:8-9-2, has won stakes races but hard here
11.Wild And Proud, 4yr, 12:3-0-5, did beat Manawanui last Autumn
13.Said Com, 4yr 13:2-4-3, Ran 2nd Randwick Guineas in Autumn behind Mosheen
14.Lightinthenite 5yr, 11:5-2-2, 2nd last week beating Fat Al, big class test here

R8 the Metropolitan Group 1. 2400m, Sydney's main biggest Spring Race
3. Lamasery 21:11-2-3 Very good horse, 3rd in this last year
4. Permit Good stayer should go well
5. The Verminator, will go for the Cups but dosn't seem to have winning class
6. Glencadam Gold 5yr 11:5-2-1, Won last three including beating Permit,  looks a class stayer on the rise. Watch
7. Polish Knight, 4yr 9:2-2-0, Ran 2nd Australian Derby, pay to keep an eye on
8. Crafty Irna, 5yr Mare, 23:3-7-1, ultra consistand Mare, tested here
9. Stout Hearted 5yr 16:6-1-3, Running well since stepping up to stakes level
10.Reuben Percival, 5yr 24:5-3-3, Beat the Verminator and Crafty Irna in the Winter Stks before runnung 5th Brisbane Cup
11.Kelinni 5yr 16:7-2-3, stepped up to stakes class with a 4th and a win
12.Buxted, 7yr, 12:4-0-2, former Brit won JRA Trophy at Moonee Vallee last start
13.Fictional Accoint, 8yr 25:6-2-3, Irish galloper ran 2nd JRA Trophy
14.Peal of Bells5yr 15:4-3-1, looks a competitive Stayer

tbagrocks

Flemington

R2. Uci Stakes 1800m 3yr olds                                  "May pay to watch this race for Derby form"
1. Jimundo 7:3-0-2, he's a talanted Colt
2. Tatra 8:2-0-2 Beat good horse Proberb last start
3. Hvasstan 4:2-1-0, first stakes race
4. Philippi 2:2-0-0 won at Moonee Valley

R3, Vintage Stakes 1410m 3yr olds
Watch this race for Caulfield Guineas form

This is an important Cup lead-up race so follow closely
R4. the Bart Cummings 2520m
2. Maluckyday, Hasn't been in good form since his 2nd Melbourne Cup two years ago!
3. Seville, 13:1-5-1, In 2011 ran 2nd Irish Derby 4th Irish StLedger, getting to his distance now Watch Closely
5. Shenzhou Steeds 17:8-1-0, won Ipswich and CDRA Cups in Qlnd in June and 4th Natralizm stakes two weeks ago
6. Tanby 20:7-3-3, was in great form last spring, keep an eye out
7. Rialya, won Adelaide cup but done nothing this spring yet
8. Exceptionally All he's ever done was 3rd in the Natrulaism stakes last start
10.Dame Claire 5yr Mare, 28-6-2-2, has won two stakes staying races including Ansett stakes at Mornington last start, the other was in May over 3200m at Flemington  :o  could be a smokie to follow

R5. Blazer Stakes 1410m Mares
There is a list of good Mares in the raceincluding Raspberries, Invest, Shopaholic, Hi Belle but... The feture will be just how Champion Mosheen ,goes who won everything last Autumn and the Oaks last Spring, nothing yet this spring
1. Mosheen, 4yr Mare 16:7-3-2, Won Randwick Guineas, Australian Guineas and Crown Oaks

R6. Edward Manifold Stakes 1600m 3yr fillies
Only really a race to see if Members Joy, Maybe Discreet and Commanding Jewel are up to it this spring
1. Members Joy, 7:2-1-0 Stakes winner two starts back then 5th behind Lady of Harrods and Commanding Jewel
4. Maybe Discreet 5-2-2-0, Impressive SA filly won Morphetteville Guineas last start
5. Commanding Jewel 3:2-1-0, only just beaten by the impressive Lady of Harrods

R7. Turnbull stakes 2000m Group 1.
1. Whinchester 8yr 26:6-6-3, this horse was brought to Australia for a reason but not for this! will have to improve
2. Niwot 30:9-4-1, Showed his staying ability by winning Sydney cup, but he needs further than this 2000m
3. December Draw, slowly getting back to his best, has to be a chance
4. Ethiopia Aus Derby winner only had 5 starts  :o Watch very closely
5. Recindled Interest 18:3-2-3, may just win a race soon, won't be backing him waiting for it!
6. Happy Trails, 26:4-6-5, In great form can give this a shake! Great value here
7. Zabeelionaire, SA Derby winner needing more ground
8. Southern Speed, She's always a chance whenever she runs
9. Voila Ici, 30:13-6-5, the star galloper is getting closer, 2nd in the Underwood
10.Linton, 6ys 18:4-2-4, has some ability but doesn'twin to many
11.Green Moon 17:5-3-0, 2nd in the Caulfield cup, 2nd last start behind Happy Trails, current fav
12.Moudre, 21:7-4-3, good staying type and fairly consistant
14.Sanagas, 13:7-1-0, the star German hasn't fired a shot yet in Aus, still worth watching
15.Sneak A Peek 13:6-2-1 Moody's Boom Italian is slowly working into form
       which one of these two Moody International Gallopers will hit their straps first? Sangas or Sneak a peak?

tbags best:
Randwick Race 4 No 10, Dare to Dream, could be a real smokie
Flemington Race 5 No 1. Mosheen, those odds look far to good to refuse, had two runs in should be hart to beat
Flemington Race 8 No 4. Bel Sprinter, back to form and should go close again

eagles929406

Quote from: fidou on September 25, 2012, 05:12:21 PM

im in there as well should be good have done them each year, and you really need to pick the winner of the major races to have any chance at overall, came 23rd two years back, good luck to all and hope a dubai trip to one of us

northernstar

fidou

Quote from: northernstar on October 05, 2012, 03:20:11 PM

Any feedback cheered.

Just was talking about Polish Knight with my brother and have stuck him in. The rest looks good. its a bit hard picking those left overs at 25K.
Nash Rawiller looks the goods for jockey also have him as well.

northernstar

Thanks. Still tinkering with my stable. DO you think I have enough horses that will race the following week?