The Spring Racing Carnival

Started by tbagrocks, August 16, 2012, 04:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Was looking for a track and distance roughie. Have had a shocking carnival until today. So tweaked my choices slightly when doing them last night. It's been a bookies carnival sadly.

tbagrocks

Was a short fav, well having never raced at a major venue in Oz, coming from the country, well he showed us

I can still remember Might and Power at 1/10 on, winning this race by 10 lenghts, well this was impressive, Dare to Dream not as good as I hoped, also proves some winning form should get runs in the cup over, over hyped cup runners (Athos) who have'nt run in Oz

T Dog

Got that right Tbag. Over hyped and under raced imo. No point in beating the handicapper if you cant get aclimatised and race fit.
Down to a trifecta in the last for me. Boxed 2,3, and 6.   Could have been alive in the quaddie if only Ironstein started a good 60 seconds before the winner. 2nd in a quaddie leg, I hate that..lol

tbagrocks

Well it's almost Spring but it is 25c here today! What a way to kick start the Spring Carnival with Champion Mare Atlantic Jewl taking over from the Great Mare Black Caviar!

Undefeated and looking to beat a stunning field, Former star three year old now a 5 yr Mare attemps to beat the very best in Oz first up in Race 8 at Caulfield ;D

Also she's trained by my old boss

tbagrocks

Well Atlantic Jewel wowed us last week and now for the lune!

puissance de lune is that horse today, the Melbourne Cup FAV runs in the Makybe Dive Race6 today ;D

BratPack

Well I whacked $20 on the nose of Aussies Love Sport at Randwick and it saluted like a good thing so I'm happy  :)

tbagrocks

The new great mare runs again in the Top Cut Stocks Stakes

ATLANTIC JEWEL Race 4 at Mooney Valley, Don't bother betting unless you have a bundle!,
$1.07 is Black Caviar like odds

Super Cool is my best bet in race 6 at $3.30

All on Saturday of course

tor01doc

Lord of Brazil

First up at The Valley - race 8.

E/W I am told.

tor01doc

5th - no good.

Glad I didn't go for it.

Hope nobody else did.

tbagrocks

So race 9 at Caulfield is the G1 Underwood stakes 1800m

Greenmoon, It's A Dundeel, Manighar, Happy Trails, Ethiopia, Foreteller, Dear Demi!

Great field right?

Add, Puissance De Lune :o  Wowee can it get any better?

YES it can!

Atlantic Jewel also joins in :o

tbagrocks

Poor ride, jockey took AJ straight to the front, in the end a top top horse ran her down

It's A Dundeel beats Atlantic Jewel, the great mare is not as great as the Queen of them all, we feel let down but really, we were a little spoilt with Black Caviar!

Stick with Pussence De Lune over distance! ;)

kilbluff1985

tbagrocks

I'm not a fan of these G1's today they look a bit open, had a sneeky bet on Hawkspur though and Prince Cheri should be followed closely in the Metrop and should win

Zoustar if the price is good enough in Sydney R5, Guelph will be way too short but wins also

kilbluff1985

tbagrocks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 05, 2013, 12:24:27 PM
How do you like De Lune ?
Tough race with this Fiorente in it and the likes of Super Cool, Hawkspur, Dear Demi ect, I'd sit and watch this one :P