Quote from: Windigo on November 03, 2012, 12:23:45 PM
Bloody Bart.  :P

Cup week 101: NEVER back against Bart. Easy money  :P

Windigo

Quote from: BratPack on November 03, 2012, 12:24:34 PM

Haha, flowering hell the foss has still got it.  ::)

Kellini for the surprise in race 2!

tbagrocks

Quote from: Windigo on November 03, 2012, 12:25:38 PM

Looks a very open race, Bart has Dart to Dream :-X I did back Dame Claire yesturday

Windigo

8)

BratPack

Nice.

tbagrocks

Good call! I don't think Dare to Dream gets a cup run now, pity!

And why lead out by two lengts on Dame Claire, bad tactics.

tbagrocks

I'mm off to get a Coopers and a Schnitzel back Snitzerland :P

Windigo

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 03, 2012, 01:12:21 PM

Thanks, T-Bag. I hate jockeys who set the tempo early.  :-\

I said it earlier that Rawiller is in great form.  :)

The jockey plays a huge role in deciding the outcome. I think I based my punt on Rawiller's form and the fact that Kellini has
actually won at the distance along with Tanby.

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 03, 2012, 01:15:43 PM

Pale ale?

Windigo

Had a little wager on Transonic for a place.

3rd placing @ 4.00. Not bad.

kilbluff1985

glad i could not make up my mind on race 6 lol decided to save my money for Americain on Tuesday

tbagrocks

Quote from: Windigo on November 03, 2012, 01:16:35 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on November 03, 2012, 01:12:21 PM

Thanks, T-Bag. I hate jockeys who set the tempo early.  :-\

I said it earlier that Rawiller is in great form.  :)

The jockey plays a huge role in deciding the outcome. I think I based my punt on Rawiller's form and the fact that Kellini has
actually won at the distance along with Tanby.

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 03, 2012, 01:15:43 PM

Pale ale?
When I was a young fella yeah! But these days it's the real stuff. As good as Pale is, Sparkling is the best!

Try drinking more than three Coopers Sparkling Ales then tell me what you think! I won't say how many I drink as I get lost after about 6 :P

Tried to tell you all a bolter would bolt in the Derby! Hope someone listened!

tbagrocks

2012 Melbourne Cup

It's here the race that stops the nation, but where are all the locals :o The Europians have taken over but just who are the contenders, well I will attempt to dissect the field.

I am tbag and I was once an apprentice jockey to Mark Kavanagh down at Mt Gambier before his Melbourne raid, aslo rode for Adelaide's Len Smith and rode track work for his 1997 Melbourne Cup 3rd place getter Skybeau :o Yep! True! So I'm here to try get FF the winner and placings for the great race!

Also I sit top of the FF league and in the top 1000 in Star Stable ;D

A Horse or "H" is a Stallion 4yrs or older, a Gelding or "g" is any a male horse with no nuts! a Mare or "M" is a female horse 4yrs or older, a Colt is a male under 4 with balls, a filly is a female under 4yrs old. 34:10-9-7 is the starts:wins-seconds-thirds

Race 7, the Melbourne Cup 3200m Hcp Group 1
1. Dunaden 7yr H 34:10-9-7, Champion and last years winner still unbeaten in Oz, romped to win the Caulfield cup and though has a massive weight of 59kg, is still the one to beat!

2. American 8yr H 33:11-4-4, the 2010 winner raced here during the Aurumn and beaten by Manighar every race at WFA level, but he comes into the race as favorite and has less weight than last year, will finish in the top 5 I guarentee, has a big shot at winning.

3. Jakkalbury 7yr H 25:10-2-3, who? Ran in last years Caulfield Cup and flopped, has had many races since and won a few but not on my radar.

4. Red Cadeaux 7yr g 30:6-8-5, not the record of the top three but ran second last year! Looks very consistant but just doesn't win many races.

5. Winchester 8yr H 26:6-6-3, far striched as to how he even got a run ($$$ I'm asuming), well he has done nothing in Oz in four starts and this will continue.

6. Voila Ici 8yr H 32:8-6-5, looked promising when 2nd in the Underwood, flopped the Caulfield Cup and hasn't raced passed the 2400m, but Moody is a genius!

7. Cavalryman 7yr H 27:6-4-3, Who? In good form but never raced in Oz, average record and would be a suprise winner.

8. Mount Athos 6yr g 20:7-0-1, Has been a long time cup favorite and this showers me as he hasn't raced in Oz. Has won his last three easily and at the age of 6 looks the prime horse, not sure why trainers think they can land at Flemington on that tuesday and win but this is the horse to do it, at least have him in your multi bets.

9. Sangas 7yr g 15:7-1-0, German who came here with a great record but in four starts hasn't gotten better than a 6th, proof it is harder than the Europians think to beat our best!

10. Ethiopia 4yr g 7:1-1-2, won the Derby in Sydney and one of two Oz bread horses in the cup :-\ Is a fascinating galloper who ran fourth in the Cox Plate and may thribe at the distance, lets all hope he does Australia Proud, I expect a top 8 finish!

11. Fiorente 5yr H 9:2-3-0, First run in Oz but has Gai's eye on him, has beaten Red Cadeaux and has to be some chance, really hard to gauge any form here!

12. Galileo's Choice 7yr g 16:8-4-1, from Ireland with a great record, again how the fridge are the Australian punters supposed to dissect all these never raced in Oz forms to back a winner? :-\ Advantage the bookies. To many Europians and our Government has let us as a nation down badly here!

13. Glencadam Gold 5yr g 13:6-2-1, At least we have seen this international race! And race well, was the Caulfield Cup fav after he romped the Metro and that second place "Kelinni" just won nicely, the Metro form has never been great for the cup but he did win very, very easily, and big odds now!

14. Green Moon 6yr H 19:6-3-0, Ran 2nd last years Caulfield Cup and although flopped in the recent Cox Plate has been a major Cup contender for a while, nice odds and right in the race, with 53.5kg

15.Maluckyday 6yr g 17:5-3-2, Local and 2nd in 2010, racing well and with no Alcopop for some strange reason :-\ lets all cheer this guy on!

16. Mourayan 7yr H 32:4-8-5, going great guns in Sydney and had some great form last spring only to be scratched from this race, with his record at top level would have to be some sort of silly E/W chance.

17. My Quest For Peace 5yr H 12:5-1-2, 5th in the Caulfield and come to Oz with great winning form, light weight and can challange

18. Niwot 8yr g 32:9-4-1, ok when 8th last year and then won the Sydney cup 3200m, but in poor form atm

19. Tac De Boistron 6yr g 27:5-2-2, Frenchy and 6th in a slow paced Geelong cup, hard to judge but light weight and has won big in Europe

20. Lights Of Heaven 5yr M 18:6-3-3, Trained by Moody and won the big races in Queesland, 3rd in Caulfield Cup and has to be a chance
21. Precedence 7yr g 44:7-5-1, probably only gets a run with the "Bart" factor but no chance again

22. Unusual Suspect 9yr H 68:9-8-6, some owners don't know when to give up!

23. Zabeelionaire 4yr H 17:3-1-0, SA Derby winner really hasn't done much else

24. Kelinni 5yr g 18:8-3-3, made a statement in the Lexus Saturday and at 51kg has an outside chance

So there's the field, full of Internationals of some who have never been south of the equater, well here's my lowdown

1. Dunaden, can go back to back and is still unbeaten in Australia
2. American, consistant as any and a former winner
3. Red Cadeaux, 2nd last year and hasn't been unplaced since!
4. Ethiopia, looks a real star for the furure of Australian racing
5. Maluckyday, the best local left and should challange
6. Lights of Heaven, the star mare and Moody/Nolan combo, I think Peter has set her for this race!
the roughy
Kelinni, won nicely on Saturday, lightweight and has the Boss on him

So hope that helps my fellow ff members and good luck!

kilbluff1985

thanks for the wright up tbags

would you put $100 each on Dunaden and Americain or $100 on one of them $50 on the other and $50 on Mount Athos i'm leaning towards the 2nd option

tbagrocks

I'm just not a fan of horses who haven't raced here before the race,

Dunaden and American look the logical bets but they also have huge weight

Windigo

Dare I go with Kellini again.  :-\