The Spring Racing Carnival

Started by tbagrocks, August 16, 2012, 04:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

a place to discuss all the top racing news and horses

I will try to bring you all the best horses in the biggest races leading up to the Cups, Cox Plate and Derby

HORSES TO FOLLOW
Dance With Her, 2nd in the Brisbane/Doomben Cups and 2nd again over 2000 JRA Cup 28/9, my cups smokie
Shoot Out, 29:8-5-5, ultra consistand, won G1 George Main first up 1600-2400m 22/9/2012
Lamasery, 6yrs 20:10-2-3 one to follow over 2000m+
Lights of heaven, 5y mare 16-6-3-1, won Brisbane and Doomben Cups this year, top staying Mare + Moody factor
Voila Ici, 29:13-5-5 8yr Hourse, Moody trained former international stayer, ran 2nd in G1 Underwood Stakes 22/9/2012
Ocean Park 4yr 8:4-3-0, Star Kiwi won G1 1800m Underwood Stakes 2012
December Draw 7yr former Irish stayer, was Caulfield Cup favorite last year before injury, 3rd Underwood 22/9/2012
Sneak A Peek, another Moody international stayer
Ethiopia, 4yrs only had 5 starts but won the AJC Derby in April

tbagrocks

Black Cavier's little bro All To Hard returns to racing in race three at Rosehill tomorrow

tbagrocks

some big results on Saturday as Southern Speed returns to racing with a 3L win over 1400m at Morphettville, the Caulfield cup winner looking good again

Our Miss Jones 2nd in the Oaks at Morphettville returned with a flying win at the Valley over 1200m unfortunately she broke her pelvis so ???

tbagrocks

All To Hard and Slipper winner Pierro meat again after Pierro beat the Great Mare's little bro in the Sires Produce in April, probably the two best three year olds run at Rosehill race 5

Caulfield race 6 is the G2 Memsie stakes where some good horses resume for the spring
Heart of Dreams 2 in this race last year hasn't raced since the Underwood last spring
Viola Ici Moody's new stayer from Italy has won 13 of 23 starts
Sincero former top 3yr old resumes and is favorite
Wall Street old timer, 4th last year's Cox Plate
Mayluckyday 2nd in Melbourne Cup last year
Niwot won the Sydney Cup
Rekindled Interest 3rd Cox Plate and Mackinnon 2011
Green Moon 2nd Caulfield Cup 2011
Sanagas Cummings new recruit from Germany won 7/11

Caulfield R7 Slickix stakes 1700
Tanby 7 of 18, great form last spring won Bendigo Cup, 2nd Geelong Cup, 2nd Herbert Power
Sabrage 2nd SA Derby, 3rd VRC Derby, 1st Norman Robertson 2011

Caulfield R8 National Jockeys Cup
Sneak a Peek another Moody Italian recruit, won 6/11
Chase the Rainbow 3 of 6, 4yr old raced last spring, resuming

fidou

Does anyone do Star Stable for the spring carnival?

BratPack

Quote from: fidou on September 06, 2012, 01:37:21 PM
Does anyone do Star Stable for the spring carnival?

If by "doing" you mean "Pick a squad then promptly forget about it" then yes  :P

tbagrocks

can't say I have heard of it, might have a look

tbagrocks

Race 6 at Flemington Saturday is the Makybe Diva stakes 1600
big race with great horses resuming here

1) Efficient, grand galloper resume after a 2nd in the Sydney cup in April
2) Manigar, 5th Melbourne, 4th Caulfield Cups 2011, resumes as the standout horse last Autumn, winning the BMW, Ranvet stakes, Australian Cup, one I will be following with interest!
3) Mourayan, 2011 includes, 1st the Bart Cummings, 2nd Mackinnon stks, 2nd the BMW
5) December Draw, 2011 1st Naturalism stks, 1st Turnball stks, before injury, FOLLOW!
6) Mawingo, former international 1st Doomben Cup, 3rd Brisbane Cup in May/June. Big show, Watch!
10)Zabeelionaire, smart stayer won SA Derby, 4th Victorian Derby
11)Southern Speed, former Caulfield Cup winner 2nd to Black Caviar C F Orr stks 1400m in February, 2nd Australian Cup

tbagrocks

also resuming is super mare Mosheen who won almost everything so far only filly to test her (and flog her) was Atlantic Jewel who sadly is out for the spring,

Race 7 at Flemington No1
Mosheen has won 7 of 14 races including the VRC Crown Oaks (remember Atlantic Jewel missed this) Randwick Guineas, Australian Guineas,

fidou

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 06, 2012, 02:56:31 PM
I dont punt on the horses but we had a work comp last year and it was just the fun to have after the dream team season. I like the spring carnival but dont punt so this is just the tonic for me.

tbagrocks have a look at  www.starstable.com.au

You get a mill to pick 10 horses and a jockey, you trade and the person who gets the most prizemoney wins from the live races over the spring carnival.

also following your tips tbagrocks..

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 06, 2012, 03:35:40 PM
also resuming is super mare Mosheen who won almost everything so far only filly to test her (and flog her) was Atlantic Jewel who sadly is out for the spring,

Race 7 at Flemington No1
Mosheen has won 7 of 14 races including the VRC Crown Oaks (remember Atlantic Jewel missed this) Randwick Guineas, Australian Guineas,

so $20 on Mosheen is a good bet? @$6

tbagrocks

don't think we'll see those odd's again, won 2 of 3 first up ;D but she's not really a sprinter and has bigger fish to fry, but still worth a look

tbagrocks

Moonee Valley 15/9/1012
Race 4 Japan Racing Association Trophy 2500m
1) Tanby, last spring Won Bendigo Cup, 2nd to Melbourne Cup winner Dunaden in the Geelong Cup
Didn't run in the major Cups, good stayer should show class in this

Race 5 Mitty's McEwan Stakes  1000m
2) Golden Archer, won 8 of 13, good 3yr old last year returned in winning form recently
4) Bel Sprinter, Won 5 of 9 classy sprinter, one to follow

Race 6 Dato' Tan Chin Nam Stakes 1600m Group 2
1) Heart of Dreams, old campaigner usually around the mark, hasn't won for ages
2) Midas Touch, placed in some big races last spring
3) Linton, placed in big races in Autumn 2011 including 2nd Australian Cup
4) Recindled Interest, top galloper but I'm losing interest, still the favorite again, watch with interest
5) Green Moon, 2nd 2011 Caulfield Cup and a favorite here
6) Alcopop, SA's grand Stayer, Won 2009 Caulfield Cup, suprises for wins occasionally
7) Happy Trails, returned with a win, then 2nd behind Sincero in the Memsie 1400m
8) Sneek a Peek[/color, Moody's star Italian recruit, wait for further, watch
12)Ethiopia, Interesting horse, only four starts and won ATC Derby at Randwick in April FOLLOW

j959

Quote from: fidou on September 06, 2012, 05:42:31 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 06, 2012, 02:56:31 PM
I dont punt on the horses but we had a work comp last year and it was just the fun to have after the dream team season. I like the spring carnival but dont punt so this is just the tonic for me.

tbagrocks have a look at  www.starstable.com.au

You get a mill to pick 10 horses and a jockey, you trade and the person who gets the most prizemoney wins from the live races over the spring carnival.

also following your tips tbagrocks..
i did it last year as well as the HUN 'superstable' ...

probably not this year, cos i'm hoping to head over to Melbs and won't have usual internet access ...

fidou

I've created a league for star stable if anyone wants to join CODE is 190934