What Is Your Nationality/Family Heritage/Background?

Started by Windigo, August 15, 2012, 10:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

4th Generation born and bred Aussie - Researching Family History Convict - then Irish and German.

Maca24

I just know I'm Australian  :P
I'm pretty sure I'm related to Angus McMillan who killed lots of aboriginals in the area that I live in back in the european settlement years.

Boomz

Irish, Italian, English on one side. Other side no idea.

T Dog

3rd generation strayan then Scottish. Some link somewhere to Peter Lalor ( of Eureka Stockade fame )

Jukes

I'm half British and half Aussie, bit of Scottish, Irish, German and Italian chucked in.

Justin Bieber

I'm imbred from Tasmania. My parents are both brother and sister.

Why isn't there a Tasmania option?!?!!? lol

;D

T Dog

Quote from: whatlez on August 16, 2012, 01:37:57 PM
I'm imbred from Tasmania. My parents are both brother and sister.

Why isn't there a Tasmania option?!?!!? lol

;D

Finally ...the real explanation..lol.. :o

Master Q

Great Great Grandparents are from Poland and other parts of Europe. Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents are all (white) Africans while I am a first gen Aussie  ;)

Grazz

Dudge

My mums dad (nonno) was born in Argentina,to Italian parents. Mum was born here (nonno came to Australia in the thirties) My dad was born in Italy, and came to Australia in 1951. Me and my two brothers were all born here, but in my early days.(and i'm older than most on here) i grew up the Italian way, yet i hate garlic,speak minimal italian( understand dads village purely) and look more Aussie than most- go figure- maybe the milkman was involved lol. So i'm A Aussie Wog

roo boys!

Quote from: T Dog on August 16, 2012, 12:54:41 PM
3rd generation strayan then Scottish. Some link somewhere to Peter Lalor ( of Eureka Stockade fame )
Same here. Not sure exactly how many generations but my descendants came from Scotland at few hundred years back I think, Aussie both sides back to then.

BoredSaint

Quote from: Spinking on August 15, 2012, 10:20:53 PM
Quote from: BoredSaint on August 15, 2012, 10:14:06 PM
I was born in Hong Kong, moved to Australia when I was 3.

I am Asian but about 5 generations back I have French blood in me. That means I am 1/32 French :P

Hong Kong.  My favourite city in the world.  Have you been back BS?
Yeah I go back pretty much every year. Have lots of family and parents have a LOT of friends still there so I usually spend summer over there..

This usually means that I'm pretty much MIA from FF during that time :P as CF would know from last seasons AEPL :P

Justin Bieber

Quite a mix we have on the forum :D.

Quote from: Ziplock on August 15, 2012, 10:26:19 PM
polish, italian, irish and english.

also drops of romanian, turkish and general asian if you believe my dad :/
Damn Zippy, multicultural ;D.

I love being a mod, added Indian to the poll :P. I am first generation Aussie as my parents and their parents and so on are from India. Although I probably am more Australian than Indian, doesn't hurt to know where you come from :).

BoredSaint