What Is Your Nationality/Family Heritage/Background?

Started by Windigo, August 15, 2012, 10:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Everyone here is Australian obviously, but what about your family heritage or background.

I dunno about you guys, but I find family origins extremely intriguing.

Feel free to add more nationalities! I cannot name them all.  ::)

BoredSaint

I was born in Hong Kong, moved to Australia when I was 3.

I am Asian but about 5 generations back I have French blood in me. That means I am 1/32 French :P

Spinking

Great thread Windi.  Something I'm very interested in myself.

I'm from a predominantly British / German background, but have a Malaysian grandmother who I never met.  I've been researching my family history for the past couple of years and find it's very rewarding, as you uncover new information...

Kellogscrunchynut

meow meow

I'm remotely related to Adolf Hitler and Johnny Depp.

Spinking

Quote from: BoredSaint on August 15, 2012, 10:14:06 PM
I was born in Hong Kong, moved to Australia when I was 3.

I am Asian but about 5 generations back I have French blood in me. That means I am 1/32 French :P

Hong Kong.  My favourite city in the world.  Have you been back BS?

Windigo

Quote from: Spinking on August 15, 2012, 10:17:06 PM
Great thread Windi.  Something I'm very interested in myself.

I'm from a predominantly British / German background, but have a Malaysian grandmother who I never met.  I've been researching my family history for the past couple of years and find it's very rewarding, as you uncover new information...

Researching my family history is easy as for me. Got a huge book with lots of family stuff in it including a picture of my great-great-great grandfather (on my dad's fathers side) who was black, not sure whether he was a British settler or not.  :-\

My great-great grandad had 13 children!  :o

On my dad's mum side I know of my great-great (great?) grandparents who were German immigrants.

Dunno anything about my mother side seeing she was adopted.  :(

Ziplock

polish, italian, irish and english.

also drops of romanian, turkish and general asian if you believe my dad :/

Kellogscrunchynut

My grandmother on my mothers side has been researching our family history for at least 10 years and has traced back our family line to England around the year 1500.

KoopKicka

My dads side is all pommies, while my mums is all danish.

As for me? Purely by accident  I was born in Singapore (a month early) But its the greatest place in the world, its amazing how advanced it is. Plus flavoured maccas soft serve cones. <3

elephants

English and French. About 1% French but hey :)

Wish I could speak French since I'm pretty much a citizen..

nostradamus

l have lrish, English, Scotish, German, French and Convict in my lineage

Capper

I am a bit of a bitza as well. One German and one Polish grandparent on one side and irish and English ancestry on the other

Colliwobblers

Capper

Quote from: tabs on August 16, 2012, 01:31:43 AM
I am a bit of a bitza as well. One German and one Polish grandparent on one side and irish and English ancestry on the other
In other words, my family are drinkers from way back