WXV Semi Finals - Suns, Armadillos, Spetsnaz, Wolves

Started by ossie85, August 15, 2012, 02:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Semi Finals

Home Team   Score      Score   Away Team   Location

Buenos Aires Armadillos   0.0.0  v.  0.0.0   Toronto Wolves   Estadio de River
Mexico City Suns   0.0.0  v.  0.0.0   Moscow Spetsnaz   Fireball Stadium, Mexico City

ARMADILLOS V WOLVES

No Dane Swan, no Armadillos? Fell well short of season expectations after finishing top 4, and the selection of Mitch Robinson as Captain was a disaster. Meanwhile, the Toronto Wolves lead by Scott Pendlebury suddenly look viable again after dispatching the Bears and possibly getting Paddy Ryder back this week.

Last time they met, in Round 11, it was Dane Swan (receiving 3 Jim Stynes votes) that saw the Armadillos conquer the Wolves in Canada. This time around, the Wolves travel to Argentina.

Toronto Wolves (20.14.134) lost to Buenos Aires Armadillos (21.14.140)

Best
Toronto: D Hale, M Johnson, S Mitchell
Buenos Aires: D Swan, K Cornes, M Boyd, C Cornes, J Petrenko

Late Changes
Toronto: M Jamison replaced A McGrath
Buenos Aires: J Westhoff replaced G Johncock

SUNS V SPETSNAZ

After 5 rounds of this year, Moscow had never gone above 131, and the Suns had never gone below 132. So to say they would face each other in an elimination final AND that the Spetsnaz have all the momentum after scoring the second highest score of any team this year with a rampaging Dayne Beams. The Suns ended a 9 match winning streak against the Cobras last week, and to go out in straight sets would be a huge waste of a season.

Last time, Round 10, the experienced heads of the Suns were way too strong for the young stars of Russia. This is what this match is by the way - Can the young stars like the Beams, Bennells and Treloars defeat the old heads of the Chapmans, Bartels and Goddards?

Moscow Spetsnaz (20.8.128) lost to Mexico City Suns (23.8.146)

Best
Moscow: D Beams, N Naitanui
Mexico City: P Chapman, A Sandilands, J Bartel, I Maric, Brad Ebert, B Goddard, A Didak

Late Changes
Moscow: B Smith replaced J Frawley
Mexico City: Nil

c4v3m4n

The Berlin Brewers and the Pacific Islanders will be holding an exhibition match as well this weekend. :)

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44821.msg855518.html#msg855518

CrowsFan

Maca24

Mexico City Suns

Backs: B.Goddard, S.Gilbert, S.Burgoyne, M.Firrito.
Mids: L.Hodge, J.Bartel (VC), B.Ebert, B.McLean.
Rucks: I.Maric (C).
Frwds: P.Chapman, A.Goodes, J.Lewis, J.Waite.
Bench: A.Sandilands, A.Didak.
Emer: M.White, K.Hardingham, J.Sellar.

Nervous weekend ahead! I really want another chance at the Pumas so I win is a must.
Moscow are in good form but I'm just hoping a few guys can start hitting their straps (Hodge, GOD, Burgoyne, Goodes)
Chapman, Riewoldt and Sandilands will all be given fitness tests tomorrow and friday to determine whether they are fit to play.
Sandi returning would be a huge boost for both the team and the players confidence. While Riewoldt and Chapman up forward give us all goal scoring power.
At this stage I'd rate Chapman (60/40), Riewoldt (50/50) and Sandilands (50/50) on their chances of playing.
Best wishes to the boys, and also the Moscow Spetsnaz!

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 15, 2012, 04:10:53 PM
What about the reserves fixtures?

Bye: Wellington, Pyongyang

Semi Finals
Toronto v PNL, Canada
Campinas v Mexico City, Brazil

Go the Reindeers!

roo boys!

Absolutely NOT go the Reindeers! ;)

Like you said Oss, hopefully I can regain the services of Paddy Ryder this week. Monfries hopefully should get a full game and come into the side (tbh doubted he'd play last week) and hopefully if I can get up this week then Ben Johnson could return. But at the moment we're just looking at this week.

Preliminary team will be up either later tonight or tomorrow, with obviously the final side named once the AFL teams finalise their benches for Sunday matches.

Go Wolves!

CrowsFan

Hey Ossie, since Roughie didn't play last week does that mean he will part of my reserves team this week if he plays? Also since Hartlett is suspended does that mean one of my reserves move to the senior squad this week even though they aren't playing?

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 15, 2012, 07:19:59 PM
Hey Ossie, since Roughie didn't play last week does that mean he will part of my reserves team this week if he plays? Also since Hartlett is suspended does that mean one of my reserves move to the senior squad this week even though they aren't playing?

Yup and yup. Though Roughie will be listed as an 'emergency' for Devon Smith

Maca24

Looking at lists meow has IMO the best two players in terms of scoring potential + amount of years left.
Beams and NicNat.

ossie85

Quote from: Maca24 on August 16, 2012, 12:05:33 AM
Looking at lists meow has IMO the best two players in terms of scoring potential + amount of years left.
Beams and NicNat.

And Harley Bennell. That guy has been a star this year

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on August 16, 2012, 07:33:27 AM
Quote from: Maca24 on August 16, 2012, 12:05:33 AM
Beams and NicNat.

And Harley Bennell. That guy has been a star this year

And Adam Treloar... ::)

Maca24

Only going to get better in future years if meow trades for players in that age bracket and uses picks well.  :o
My teams a dying breed :P May as well just stock up on more oldies... haha.

EDIT: NRoo ruled out, hoping and praying Chappy can get up.

meow meow

MOSCOW SPETSNAZ

B: Heath Shaw, Dustin Fletcher, James Frawley, Steven Morris
C: Ryan Bastinac, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Dustin Martin, Harley Bennell
R: Nic Naitanui (C)
F: Shaun Higgins, Tory Dickson, Thomas Lynch, Brandon Matera
I: Jonathan Brown, Dayne Beams (vc)

E: Jordan Roughead, Ben Sinclair, Jason Blake

In: Shaun Higgins, James Frawley, Will Hoskin-Elliott
Out: Adam Treloar, Jackson Allen, Allen Christensen

roo boys!

Toronto Wolves - Semi Final
Defenders: Andrew Carrazzo, Michael Johnson, Matt Maguire, Jared Rivers
Midfielders: Scott Pendlebury, Sam Mitchell, Jack Ziebell, Andrew Embley
Ruck: Paddy Ryder
Forwards: Jack Riewoldt, Sam Wright, David Hale, Angus Monfries
Interchange: Ben Hudson, Taylor Adams

Emergencies: Rohan Bewick, Jamie MacMillan, Ted Richards

Captain: Scott Pendlebury
   Vice Captain: Sam Mitchell

IN: Jack Ziebell, Andrew Embley, Paddy Ryder, Matt Maguire, Angus Monfries
OUT: Jamie MacMillan, Clint Jones, Kieran Harper, Ted Richards, Tom Bell

What a list of inclusions! :o Fair to say probably the strongest side I've fielded all season, the only first WXV player missing is Robbie Gray, I suppose you could include Cam Pedersen in there as well but that's not through injury. As you can see, I've named an extended emergencies list of 10 players, will cut that down to three tomorrow night. Toy and Hickey both sitting on extended benches so may well not make the cut anyway. Embley is also on the extended bench but pretty confident he should be alright. Taking a risk and hoping he doesn't start as sub again! Wish they played another Friday night game this week...

Ryder makes his long awaited return, pushing Hudson to the bench, while Ziebell has been in Utah training hard under the recommendation of his WXV fitness coach. Maguire and Embley aren't technically ins since they were named last week, but both were late withdrawals (Embley taken out of the XV on Friday afternoon). Doubted Monfries would actually get up last week so didn't put him in, and I turned out to be correct (to an extent) with him named sub. This week should be a better one for him.

Mids knocking down the door, Bewick is stiff not to get a gig after a ton as an emergency, and Clint Jones finds himself on the outer in a tough call between him and NVB. MacMillan hasn't done too much wrong, just too much class ahead of him at the moment.

Richards and Bell have been OK but Rivers 93 last week is enough to see him maintain the spot. Hine and Toy do no harm to defensive depth!

CARN WOLVES!!!

Maca24

Still have faith in Sandilands!
Named as 1st emergency so stay tuned ;)