Main Menu

Kurt seeking new pastures?

Started by tbagrocks, August 13, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Toga

Jay

okay so Tippett is going...but where? :o

so many rumours about Lions and Suns but now teams like Pies, Blues and Swans have entered the fray.

And also what are crows getting in return? Ive heard a lot about how he is going but not what is coming?

lachie_001

Good luck to whatever struggling club you go to, but hey that's what happens when you play for $$$$$ and not premierships

Tominator

No formal offers have been made from the 3 non-QLD clubs so there hasn't been much discussed re trades

If Tippett goes to GC we will most likely get either Pick 2 in the draft or two young guns in Sam Day and Dan Gorringe, I personally would rather him go to GC so they have a pretty good offer on the table, be interesting to see what the other clubs counter that with... Adelaide could really benefit from this trade

Justin Bieber

3 way deal between Dawes, Tippett and welling ham plus picks 17 and 18 involved.

Justin Bieber

Here is the possible deal:

The Possible Adelaide Football Club-Collingwood Football Club- West Coast Eagles Kurt Tippett Three Way Deal.

West Coast will trade their Pick 17 to Collingwood for Sharrod Wellingham.

Collingwood would then trade Pick 17 they got from the Eagles, also their Pick 18 and Chris Dawes to Adelaide for Kurt Tippett.

Collingwood can fit in Tippett into their salary cap, given the pending delisting of several players and helped by the departure of others + 5 players who will be listed as Veterans on their List next year.

The AFL does investigate each clubs salary cap operations before the end of each season and also at the start of each season.

Toga

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 02, 2012, 12:16:31 PM
Good luck to whatever struggling club you go to, but hey that's what happens when you play for $$$$$ and not premierships

Lol.

Cos Sydney & collingwood are hell 'struggling'.

Tominator

Please Adelaide please do not accept that deal.... WE DO NOT WANT DAWES!!!!!!

lachie_001

Quote from: Toga on October 02, 2012, 12:44:05 PM

Lol.

Collingwood can't afford $800000 contract a year and I can't imagine swans picking him up, he wants to go home otherwise he is just a blantant liar

Toga

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 02, 2012, 12:59:07 PM
Quote from: Toga on October 02, 2012, 12:44:05 PM

Lol.

Collingwood can't afford $800000 contract a year and I can't imagine swans picking him up, he wants to go home otherwise he is just a blantant liar

If the pies ditch sharrod and Dawes like planned + move more players to their veteran list they'll be able to afford him. And they have a long and successful history and culture as a club so even if they don't pay him as much as Adelaide I can see why he'd want to move.

And both Queensland clubs will be successful in a few years anyway do I think he's made a reasonable decision either way.

Justin Bieber

Kurt Tippet Update:
Tippett looks set to don the black and white next season, with close sources saying he had already met with Collingwood recruitment staff Derek Hine and Matthew Rendell.

"The Magpies are expected to find $1.15 million of salary cap relief - of which at least $800,000 would be needed for Tippett - by trading key forward Chris Dawes and midfielder Sharrod Wellingham and listing four veterans next season."

Adelaide believe Tippett will line up for Collingwood in season 2013. Adelaide and Collingwood will speak more over the next 24 hours to get a deal done early in trade week.

The trade involves moving pick 17 they will receive for Wellingham to the eagles and on trade that, and their pick 18 to Adelaide for Kurt Tippett.
That leave Adeliade with picks 17, 18 and 19 in the first round of the draft.

Tippett will formally announce this afternoon which club he intends to go to.

Ziplock

I thought you could only list 2 vets? :S

Tominator

Justin Bieber