Main Menu

Kurt seeking new pastures?

Started by tbagrocks, August 13, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudge

Quote from: Dudge on August 21, 2012, 08:42:16 PM
In all seriousness, u have to laugh at Rowy ( 5AA sports show ), at how he defends Tippo, and keeps saying- "he hasn't made his mind up yet Cornsey" lol

Mind u we've got the same dilema with Boaky lol

PowerBug

He hasn't made up his mind though Dudge. :P

Both will go. :(

Tominator

Kurt is gone, Boaky is gone, Clokey is gone

Everybody knows that, just nobody knows where exactly to

I reckon Goddard and Montagna will stay at the Saints

blue

these are the rumours i have heard brisbane has offered 700k a year, which is surely too much money. The other one was tippet to gold coast, caddy to collingwood and the N brown to the crows

Tominator

there are two main rumours circulating:

Kurt Tippett to Gold Coast. Draft Pick #2 to Adelaide

Kurt Tippett to Gold Coast. Sam Day and Daniel Gorringe to Adelaide

I personally would rather the second option, as we get two big guns before their stocks rise even further. Jimmy Toumpas will probably be taken with Pick 2 in this year's draft, and he is going to be a star, so if we get him instead of the Day-Gorringe combo then that would hardly be a bad thing, but two for the price of one seems like a pretty good deal for a spud - just dump Tippett and I would be happy with EITHER of those two options!

Ziplock

Maric was also considered a spud by Adelaide... just saying :P

Tominator

Quote from: Ziplock on September 18, 2012, 11:24:49 PM
Maric was also considered a spud by Adelaide... just saying :P

Maric had no role at Adelaide cos Jacobs was the #1 ruck    :P

Hagebear

Quote from: Tominator on September 18, 2012, 11:05:58 PM
there are two main rumours circulating:

Kurt Tippett to Gold Coast. Draft Pick #2 to Adelaide

Kurt Tippett to Gold Coast. Sam Day and Daniel Gorringe to Adelaide

I personally would rather the second option, as we get two big guns before their stocks rise even further. Jimmy Toumpas will probably be taken with Pick 2 in this year's draft, and he is going to be a star, so if we get him instead of the Day-Gorringe combo then that would hardly be a bad thing, but two for the price of one seems like a pretty good deal for a spud - just dump Tippett and I would be happy with EITHER of those two options!

Agreed Tom! Either way it's win, win! If we keep Tippett it will be good for us in the long run. If we get Day and Gorringe... Awesome, and if we get Jimmy Tonmpas... Awesome!

Tominator

having said that... there IS a third option is GC DESPERATELY want Kurt Tippett and the Crows play hard-ball...

Kurt Tippett to Gold Coast. Draft Pick #2 AND one of Day/Gorringe to Adelaide

That would probably be my preferred situation, albeit it is unlikely. As long as Kurt Tippett is a Sun next year I will be happy because Adelaide aren't gonna lose too much out of this trade

DG

Adelaide will be wanting him to go to GC if they had the choice between the two, but im not sure they would give up that much, i think we would get at most Day or Gorringe. I hope that i am very wrong though!

Tominator

nup GC are offering him $750K+ a year from all reports

Rusty00

Good game by Tippett last night which was good to see as the rubbish he's copped over the last few weeks (mainly from
his own team's supporters) has been disgraceful!

Note: not specifically talking about any crows fans on here as I don't know if anyone on here has been bagging him.

Tominator

if that is Kurt's last game for the Crows then he leaves on a good note in a way, he responded to his critics (myself included) very well. Such a shame we could not get over the line but Kurt did all he could

Last night was a glimpse (a belated one) of just how potent Walker and Tippett can be when both are fit and firing

Hagebear

Quote from: Tominator on September 23, 2012, 04:14:42 PM
if that is Kurt's last game for the Crows then he leaves on a good note in a way, he responded to his critics (myself included) very well. Such a shame we could not get over the line but Kurt did all he could

Last night was a glimpse (a belated one) of just how potent Walker and Tippett can be when both are fit and firing

Agreed Tom. Hope he stays. Will be a very potent combo in years to come.

roo boys!

Quote from: Hagebear on September 23, 2012, 05:47:36 PM
Quote from: Tominator on September 23, 2012, 04:14:42 PM

Agreed Tom. Hope he stays. Will be a very potent combo in years to come.
I agree with you, they are a great combo. But to be perfectly fair, wasn't exactly against the best key defenders in the comp so don't get too ahead of yourself is my warning.