Main Menu

Kurt seeking new pastures?

Started by tbagrocks, August 13, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Some of these trade ideas are crazy...

Redden for Tippett?

Zorko for Tippett?

Tippett is a goood player, but he's not worth those trades just quite yet. Redden is only 21 YEARS OLD and a superstar in the making! Same with Zorko but he's 23.

Tippett is 25yo and good, but not great. Last year he kicked 31 goals from 18 games... Need a lot from him if he were at Brisbane. 30 goals from 15 games this year has been more impressive though.

But I feel Zorko and Redden both a bit more valuable than Tipster.

Ringo

Agree with nails here - Only trade for Brisbane as I see it Polec plus draft pick for Tippett.  Other SA players on our books apart from Reddan are Joel Patful and Jesse O'Brien,

Reddan and Zorko strictly off limits.

lachie_001

Quote from: PowerBug on August 16, 2012, 01:22:33 AM
Quote from: lachie_001 on August 16, 2012, 01:07:36 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 16, 2012, 12:25:59 AM
Quote from: afl_freak2 on August 16, 2012, 12:05:02 AM
adelaide will be the big winners out of this! the lions will give up anything for tippett
no, wrong. ;) Coz if he doesn't get traded to the lions... Then he'll just leave and the Crows will get nothing. :)
Quote from: lachie_001 on August 15, 2012, 06:05:50 PM

Quote from: Hagebear on August 15, 2012, 05:10:39 PM
I'm probably one of the few crows supporters who wouldn't mind having cloke. Yes he's obviously not worth $1million but in the absence of Kurt would be an awesome target up forward with tex and porpus and co would still make a pretty intimidating forward line.
Isn't in form, can't kick goals and is not what the crows need in replacement for Tippett. We need a full forward about 200cm who can also be a second ruckman. Cloke is a chf and tex already fill that role, much much better!
Tippett isn't a 2nd ruck atm though? I thought that he didn't like the contact? I think Cloke would be a great replacement, 2011 AA remember ;)
Tippett is the second ruckman, If your thinking jenkins? He probably isn't in Adelaide best 22, in modern footy a forward who can ruck is essential and cloke isn't a ruckman. Gorringe and Grundy two options, not cloke though. Waste of the money for cloke, he wants millions. So wouldn't we just give millions to Tippett?
Jenkins was traded to Adelaide from Essendon and is rated highly, somehow i don't think the Crows will have him in the SANFL for the majority and only play him 4-5 times a season. :) And you would give tippett 1mil (though it'll mean other players will get their salaries cut) though will he want to stay in Adelaide?? If he was offered 700k by Brisbane and 800k by Adelaide which would he choose?? Personally i think he'd still take the home (brisbane) option.

Jenkins is a young player, he is good and IMO is only a ruckman not a forward. He is playing games but hasn't cemented his place in the side or a spot as tippett hasnt been playing. Tippett will be getting paid more by Brisbane but Adelaide has premierships to offer, so we will see how everything folds out. Cloke is noy the answer!

Ringo

This will through some light on the subject,
1) If Tippett wants a premiership in the immediate future Crows window is open now.  If the Crows win this years premiership then that will meet his goal.  Will he want to stay till next year if they do not win is the question.
2) Brisbane chased last year as replacement for Clark. They have cash available to entice him given that they have finalised payments to Fevola this year.  Desperately need a support for Brown whilst others develop. Trade options limited as I can not see Brisbane giving up their first round draft pick given the success we had last year, maybe a trade of Polec/Obrien and 2nd or 3rd Round pick may entice. Brisbanes premiership window still to open but will in the next 2 years.  Brisbane are chasing so expect trade offers.
3) Suns have huge amount of cash to offer as they front loaded the contracts of the stars who they enticed Ablett, Brennan, Riska, Brown and Bock. It is reported that Ablett will be only getting $500k next season so in all probablity Tippett would be highest paid player at the club next season.  Desperatley need a key forward whilst the young bodies continue to develop. Doubt if they will give up early draft picks either. Not actively chasing Tippet at the moment waiting for approach from his management.  Like Brisbane their premiership window is still possibly 2/3 years away.

All in all this movement will keep newspapers sales up for the next couple of months.

Tominator

GC look the front-runners at the moment. A trade to GC would be better for the Crows too, cos there isn't much to be gained from Brisbane at the moment

Justin Bieber

Gold coast probably need him more than Brisbane atm.

But Lynch and day should turn into good footballers... whereas, Brisbane have who coming up? Corneilus who is hated by the coach...

So the Lions in the long term... short term will help develop the GC kids.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on August 16, 2012, 03:47:40 AM

Redden for Tippett?

Zorko for Tippett?

Tippett is a goood player, but he's not worth those trades just quite yet. Redden is only 21 YEARS OLD and a superstar in the making! Same with Zorko but he's 23.

Tippett is 25yo and good, but not great. Last year he kicked 31 goals from 18 games... Need a lot from him if he were at Brisbane. 30 goals from 15 games this year has been more impressive though.

You are forgetting that Tippett is a Key Fwd while Zorko and Redden are mids. There aren't any players like Tippett going around

Ziplock

Quote from: PowerBug on August 16, 2012, 02:15:15 PM

Redden for Tippett?

Zorko for Tippett?

You are forgetting that Tippett is a Key Fwd while Zorko and Redden are mids. There aren't any players like Tippett going around
cloke?

DG

i dont mind cloke for the same money as Tippett, but not for a million a year

Nails

Quote from: Ziplock on August 16, 2012, 02:30:21 PM

Redden for Tippett?

Zorko for Tippett?

cloke?

And if you weren't biased, you'd take Cloke every time IMO.

DG

Quote from: Nails on August 16, 2012, 04:44:23 PM

for 1 million dollars? not sure about that.

lachie_001

Quote from: Nails on August 16, 2012, 04:44:23 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on August 16, 2012, 02:30:21 PM

Redden for Tippett?

Zorko for Tippett?

cloke?

On his current form? Id rather have a first round draft pick. Doesn't matter anyway, cloke wants to stay at collingwood. Just wants more money, Adelaide don't have more money than collingwood for cloke

tbagrocks

Your all forgetting Adelaide don't want Cloke ::)

lachie_001

c4v3m4n