Main Menu

Kurt seeking new pastures?

Started by tbagrocks, August 13, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Quote from: afl_freak2 on August 15, 2012, 12:45:33 AM
bling and knights will also be out the door

There has been a lot of talk about Knights living Adelaide. Rumors here are that Port Adelaide, Melbourne and North are interested in his services.

As for Tambling...are you suggesting a delisting or a trade? 'Cause I'm not sure who would take him in trade week...

It's definitely going to be an interesting trade week...looks like there are A LOT of possibles this year.

DG

I think Tambling still has another year on his contract, but yeah I be surprised of knighter didn't leave

afl_freak2

crows will look at a trade for bling or wait out his contract and then delist.

Hagebear

I'm probably one of the few crows supporters who wouldn't mind having cloke. Yes he's obviously not worth $1million but in the absence of Kurt would be an awesome target up forward with tex and porpus and co would still make a pretty intimidating forward line.

Hagebear

Quote from: Hagebear on August 15, 2012, 05:10:39 PM
I'm probably one of the few crows supporters who wouldn't mind having cloke. Yes he's obviously not worth $1million but in the absence of Kurt would be an awesome target up forward with tex and porpus and co would still make a pretty intimidating forward line.

Although in saying that would love to get a gun first round draft pick for KTIPP and hope Jenkins or lynch could step up in his place.

tbagrocks

yep, you'd be one of the few! I don't want Cloke for bisciut's, Lynch and co deserve a chance and lets see what they can do! plus Travis will only get in Tex's way and then miss :P

lachie_001

Isn't in form, can't kick goals and is not what the crows need in replacement for Tippett. We need a full forward about 200cm who can also be a second ruckman. Cloke is a chf and tex already fill that role, much much better!

Hawka

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 13, 2012, 09:46:14 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 13, 2012, 08:49:08 PM
Guys do you know if Tippett get out clause to return to Qld is still valid.  Think I remember reading something a year or so ago that he had some clause in his contract allowing him to return to Qld.  Interesting to see what offer Brisbane can make to get him.  Will easily fit under our cap and give us the twin forward options we have been seeking.  C4 Joel has been delisted by GC so he is fair game for us.

If Tippett were to go to Brisbane, what becomes of Aaron Cornelius, Patrick Karnezis and Jordan Lisle?
Lisle is good enough for 3rd tall or 2nd or 3rd tall defender and back up ruck

McRooster

Mark Ricciuto says Tippett is gone .. http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/blog/kurt-tippett-is-leaving-the-adelaide-crows-mark-ricciuto/20120813-gyd3.html

With reference to another post I made about Tippett's GF recently quitting her job, it appears from this article that she was a FORMER GF and perhaps why 5aa quickly played down the relevance.

afl_freak2

adelaide will be the big winners out of this! the lions will give up anything for tippett

PowerBug

Quote from: afl_freak2 on August 16, 2012, 12:05:02 AM
adelaide will be the big winners out of this! the lions will give up anything for tippett
no, wrong. ;) Coz if he doesn't get traded to the lions... Then he'll just leave and the Crows will get nothing. :)
Quote from: lachie_001 on August 15, 2012, 06:05:50 PM

Isn't in form, can't kick goals and is not what the crows need in replacement for Tippett. We need a full forward about 200cm who can also be a second ruckman. Cloke is a chf and tex already fill that role, much much better!
Tippett isn't a 2nd ruck atm though? I thought that he didn't like the contact? I think Cloke would be a great replacement, 2011 AA remember ;)

lachie_001

Quote from: PowerBug on August 16, 2012, 12:25:59 AM
no, wrong. ;) Coz if he doesn't get traded to the lions... Then he'll just leave and the Crows will get nothing. :)

Tippett isn't a 2nd ruck atm though? I thought that he didn't like the contact? I think Cloke would be a great replacement, 2011 AA remember ;)
Tippett is the second ruckman, If your thinking jenkins? He probably isn't in Adelaide best 22, in modern footy a forward who can ruck is essential and cloke isn't a ruckman. Gorringe and Grundy two options, not cloke though. Waste of the money for cloke, he wants millions. So wouldn't we just give millions to Tippett?

tbagrocks

Says the Power fan ^^  ;D suppose we play Tambling at full back and Fev in the ruck eh buddy ;)

we wantToumpas we want Toumpas we want Toumpas

PowerBug

Quote from: lachie_001 on August 16, 2012, 01:07:36 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 16, 2012, 12:25:59 AM

Tippett is the second ruckman, If your thinking jenkins? He probably isn't in Adelaide best 22, in modern footy a forward who can ruck is essential and cloke isn't a ruckman. Gorringe and Grundy two options, not cloke though. Waste of the money for cloke, he wants millions. So wouldn't we just give millions to Tippett?
Jenkins was traded to Adelaide from Essendon and is rated highly, somehow i don't think the Crows will have him in the SANFL for the majority and only play him 4-5 times a season. :) And you would give tippett 1mil (though it'll mean other players will get their salaries cut) though will he want to stay in Adelaide?? If he was offered 700k by Brisbane and 800k by Adelaide which would he choose?? Personally i think he'd still take the home (brisbane) option.

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 16, 2012, 01:11:39 AM
Says the Power fan ^^  ;D suppose we play Tambling at full back and Fev in the ruck eh buddy ;)
hey, i'm just putting in my 2 cents, since all i hear about in the papers and during the news is Crows, crows and more crows. :P

tbagrocks

I would say those numbers are the other way around, think Tippo's got more money coming from Brisbane. and yeah I would have thought Port at such a big cross-road would be getting all the spotlight? Maybe go after Cloke, that might get Port some coverage :P or fev, that would get a reaction :P