Main Menu

Kurt seeking new pastures?

Started by tbagrocks, August 13, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

I am pretty sure that he will be a lion, sorry lez but he is out of your reach

Tominator

Quote from: lachie_001 on August 14, 2012, 12:39:57 AM
Goodluck to him. If he wants to waste his best opportunity of a premiership to go home let him be, I'm sure someone will jump to the offer to play for the crows. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have tippett but you can't force him to stay and IMO a possible solution could be a straight trade with gold coast, Tippett for sam day. Also I'm thinking that we pick up Joel to take over from be rutten, he has been in some good form.

Do we have to trade kurt tippett to brisbane if that's where he wants to go? Can't think of a good trade to get with Brisbane.

Kurt Tippett for Jack Redden is one option, or Tippett for Jared Polec and Rd 1 draft pick, both are good SA players. Polec is best mates with Brodie Smith too

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Tominator on August 14, 2012, 01:30:02 AM
Goodluck to him. If he wants to waste his best opportunity of a premiership to go home let him be, I'm sure someone will jump to the offer to play for the crows. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have tippett but you can't force him to stay and IMO a possible solution could be a straight trade with gold coast, Tippett for sam day. Also I'm thinking that we pick up Joel to take over from be rutten, he has been in some good form.

Do we have to trade kurt tippett to brisbane if that's where he wants to go? Can't think of a good trade to get with Brisbane.

Kurt Tippett for Jack Redden is one option, or Tippett for Jared Polec and Rd 1 draft pick, both are good SA players. Polec is best mates with Brodie Smith too

Adelaide wouldn't be wanting a midfielder in return considering what they've already got and what they'll lose.... :-\

I reckon that they'd delay the trade as long as possible to see how successful they could be in luring Cloke to Adelaide. Should they fail and atill want to trade Tippett to Brisbane, then they may have to look at doing a three-way trade with another club in order to get a decent forward to replace Tippett.

Thats why I honestly reckon Gold Coast is the front runner here. Plenty of money of offer Tippett, and they'd be able to give the Crows Sam Day in a trade as lachie_001 mentioned before.

It's going to be very interesting to see where he heads though.

tbagrocks

we want their top draft pick to get Jimmy Toumpas or another of SA's top 18yr olds in the draft

lachie_001

I rate redden but we don't have room for midfielders, maybe if we lose D-Mac but we shouldn't so it's a like for a like trade we need with Tippett. Can we just trade him with gold coast for day or pick 2 regardless where Tippett wants to go, it's still Queensland.

Ringo

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 13, 2012, 09:46:14 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 13, 2012, 08:49:08 PM
Guys do you know if Tippett get out clause to return to Qld is still valid.  Think I remember reading something a year or so ago that he had some clause in his contract allowing him to return to Qld.  Interesting to see what offer Brisbane can make to get him.  Will easily fit under our cap and give us the twin forward options we have been seeking.  C4 Joel has been delisted by GC so he is fair game for us.

If Tippett were to go to Brisbane, what becomes of Aaron Cornelius, Patrick Karnezis and Jordan Lisle?
Cornelius and Karnezis have not taken the opportunities put before them this year to cement the 2nd tall spot.  Lisle has only be promoted so we wait and see on him.

Polec and pick for Tippett would be a trade I would be suggesting as well.

lachie_001

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 14, 2012, 02:08:41 AM

Adelaide wouldn't be wanting a midfielder in return considering what they've already got and what they'll lose.... :-\

I reckon that they'd delay the trade as long as possible to see how successful they could be in luring Cloke to Adelaide. Should they fail and atill want to trade Tippett to Brisbane, then they may have to look at doing a three-way trade with another club in order to get a decent forward to replace Tippett.

Thats why I honestly reckon Gold Coast is the front runner here. Plenty of money of offer Tippett, and they'd be able to give the Crows Sam Day in a trade as lachie_001 mentioned before.

It's going to be very interesting to see where he heads though.
I agree with you but Cloke isn't the answer, we need a forward that can ruck but is mainly a forward. Day has the biggest vertical leap in the competition, he's only 6cm smaller than Tippett so he seems the fit.

nas

Quote from: naste on August 10, 2012, 11:09:08 AM
The clause exists but just can't remember the full details but basically you get not much if he decides to go.

Went hunting so if this does exist then if still in place ^^^^ Applies.   http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/suns--the-gun-crows-may-lose-tippett-20110809-1ikxx.html

This is over a year ago but I think it is still in place tho.

DG

An article I read last night written by roo, says that he believes that the trade back to qld for 2nd and 3rd draft picks was a 'gentlemans' agreement, and roo thought the crows might not honor it, especially seeing as there might be a bidding war potentially

Tominator

Tippett out, Zorko in  8)

But if Knights goes then that may not be a bad trade haha

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Tominator on August 14, 2012, 11:35:40 AM

1. Brisbane wouldnt let Zorko go.
2. Still leaves the issue of not having a key forward.

As zany as this seems, should the Crows chase Quinten Lynch? Rumors are he is being looked at by many clubs needing a key forward as he is out of contract and an unrestricted free agent.

Think about it. Tippett to Gold Coast for Day. Crows give third round draft pick and a contract for Lynch.

Since Day is still developing, Adelaide would be looking for someone in the short-term and Lynch could be a good fit IMO.

In the Adelaide Now article written by Riccuito, he suggests these trades for Tippett.

QuoteAsk for Sam Day, the 196cm key forward and No.3 draft pick from South Australia who looks like being a gun but still has a way to go.

The Gold Coast won't be keen as he is definitely in their long-term plans but Adelaide need to push the envelope.

Secondly they can go for another Croweater Daniel Gorringe, who is a 200m ruckman who was selected at No. 10, plus a second or third round draft pick.

Or they can just take the Gold Coast's No. 2 draft pick and pick a future superstar.

Which way do you think they'll go?

Tominator

I reckon that in this year's draft, Pick 2 is a great reward. They have anybody at their disposal minus Whitfield, Viney and Daniher, and this draft is just as good as the 2001 super-draft, according to many expert recruiters

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 14, 2012, 11:59:26 AM
Quote from: Tominator on August 14, 2012, 11:35:40 AM

1. Brisbane wouldnt let Zorko go.
2. Still leaves the issue of not having a key forward.

I know it won't happen  ::)

afl_freak2

The crows have plenty of cash and could offer tippett $800k ++++ a year! smart move for adelaide not to do that....... NOT WORTH IT! Tippett is not that good! having said that the walker and tippett combo works well for the team.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: afl_freak2 on August 15, 2012, 12:42:42 AM
The crows have plenty of cash and could offer tippett $800k ++++ a year! smart move for adelaide not to do that....... NOT WORTH IT! Tippett is not that good! having said that the walker and tippett combo works well for the team.

Yeah, 800k+ is pushing it hey... :-\

afl_freak2

bling and knights will also be out the door