Main Menu

Kurt seeking new pastures?

Started by tbagrocks, August 13, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

6m Jay Clark Jay Clark ‏@ClarkyHeraldSun

Kurt Tippett is leaving the Crows, says Mark Ricciuto. Knocked back five-year deal worth $600k a season. Gold Coast or Brisbane new home.
Retweeted by AFL Newsbreaker

what to make of this?

Shaggy

600k at the Crows or 800k at Brisbane/GC. Is 200k extra worth years of not even challenging?

tbagrocks

so what are the chances of getting a first round draft pick? to then get maybe Toumpas, Colqahaun or kennedy?

Spite

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 13, 2012, 07:28:51 PM
so what are the chances of getting a first round draft pick? to then get maybe Toumpas, Colqahaun or kennedy?

Likely will get a very nice draft picks or two for Kurt but if Cloke goes to adelaide, send the draft picks over to us.

Or Brad crouch. Or dangerfield. Or sloane. Please. :D

tbagrocks

haha nice try, but the Crows don't want Cloke, well the supporters don't! :P

Tominator

I reckon if they get Pick 2 from GC for Tippett that would be a good result, they could get Toumpas or Grundy or Wines or any other gun bar Whitfield and the F/S picks (Viney, Daniher)

I'm not a huge fan of Travis Cloke - his best is very good but he is overpaid and his worst is not good at all

Quote from: Spite on August 13, 2012, 07:32:07 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on August 13, 2012, 07:28:51 PM

Likely will get a very nice draft picks or two for Kurt but if Cloke goes to adelaide, send the draft picks over to us.

Or Brad crouch. Or dangerfield. Or sloane. Please. :D

keep dreaming maaate ;)

Ziplock

I can see him slotting in really well into brisbane personally- and imo with a fit squad, tippett and brownie up front, I'd back them to make the 8 in 2013

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on August 13, 2012, 07:50:31 PM
I can see him slotting in really well into brisbane personally- and imo with a fit squad, tippett and brownie up front, I'd back them to make the 8 in 2013
very good developing midfield up there!

Tominator

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 13, 2012, 08:04:48 PM
very good developing midfield up there!

I reckon Brisbane in 2013 will be like Richmond have been this year - good but not quite good enough.

They'll definitely get in the 8 in 2014 I think

Justin Bieber

c4v3m4n

Perhaps he just wants to play with his brother Joel at GC...

...oh wait. Awkward. :-X

Ringo

Guys do you know if Tippett get out clause to return to Qld is still valid.  Think I remember reading something a year or so ago that he had some clause in his contract allowing him to return to Qld.  Interesting to see what offer Brisbane can make to get him.  Will easily fit under our cap and give us the twin forward options we have been seeking.  C4 Joel has been delisted by GC so he is fair game for us.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Ringo on August 13, 2012, 08:49:08 PM
Guys do you know if Tippett get out clause to return to Qld is still valid.  Think I remember reading something a year or so ago that he had some clause in his contract allowing him to return to Qld.  Interesting to see what offer Brisbane can make to get him.  Will easily fit under our cap and give us the twin forward options we have been seeking.  C4 Joel has been delisted by GC so he is fair game for us.

If Tippett were to go to Brisbane, what becomes of Aaron Cornelius, Patrick Karnezis and Jordan Lisle?

Ziplock

they play every second week when tippett gets concussed/ brownie gets his face kicked in.

lachie_001

Goodluck to him. If he wants to waste his best opportunity of a premiership to go home let him be, I'm sure someone will jump to the offer to play for the crows. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have tippett but you can't force him to stay and IMO a possible solution could be a straight trade with gold coast, Tippett for sam day. Also I'm thinking that we pick up Joel to take over from be rutten, he has been in some good form.

Do we have to trade kurt tippett to brisbane if that's where he wants to go? Can't think of a good trade to get with Brisbane.