Main Menu

AXVs: Official Drafts

Started by Colliwobblers, August 13, 2012, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

I'll take Swift in te pre season draft lol :P

tbagrocks

Toot, bring on the draft already! I got so many early picks the GWS might get jealous!

Also with all the delistings and all the 15's teams suffering, I had one delisting, so who's the bad coach now!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA looks like I am the greatest after all! ;D

JBs-Hawks

I had none, what's your point.

Justin Bieber

tbagrocks

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 04, 2012, 10:11:06 PM
I had none, what's your point.
No point, just bored and drunk ::)

Colliwobblers

AFL NAB NATIONAL DRAFT PICK LIST UPDATED HERE: 

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66557.msg862266.html#msg862266

Trade window #1 will close officially this Sunday at midnight AEST and the final AXVS draft order will be posted up here (front pages) for both the National and Rookie/Preseason drafts.

PM has been sent to all coaches in regards to trade window and AXVs national draft dates.

All coaches have been advised of method for feedback on AXVs upcoming drafts.

Colliwobblers

This PM sent to all coaches today:

Hi All I have the following dates to announce.

* SUNDAY NOVEMEMBER 11TH 2012 @ MIDNIGHT AEST = TRADE WINDOW #1 CLOSES.

* FRIDAY NOVEMBER 23RD 2012 @ 8PM AEST = AXVS NATIONAL DRAFT OPENS.

* WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 12TH 2012 @ 8PM EAST = AXVS ROOKIE/PRESEASON DRAFT OPENS.

A few notes>

> The draft rules for BOTH the national and rookie/preseason drafts will apply from the moment the drafts open until they close.

THIS MEANS THE TIME LIMIT RULES. There will be no slow start up or exceptions to the rules. Plenty of notice has been out about the dates of these AFL drafts and the intention of the AXVS to draft immediately following the AFL drafts respectively.

********** PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF, CHECK & ADVISE ME IF NEED BE ON THE FOLLOWING************

* THE LINK BELOW IS TO THE CURRENT TEAM LISTS

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68159.msg893180.html#msg893180

( UNLESS TRADES ARE MADE BETWEEN NOW AND SUNDAY THESE ARE THE FINAL TEAM LISTS HEADING INTO THE AXVS NATIONAL DRAFT)

PLEASE CHECK YOUR TEAM AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE HAPPY THAT THE LIST IS CORRECT AND ADVISE ME IF YOU THINK THERE IS AN ERROR.

* THE LINK BELOW IS TO THE CURRENT PICK ORDER LISTS (BOTH DRAFTS)

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68159.msg893179.html#msg893179

( UNLESS TRADES ARE MADE BETWEEN NOW AND SUNDAY THIS IS THE FINAL PICK ORDER FOR THE REMAINING AXVS DRAFTS)

PLEASE CHECK THE LIST AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE HAPPY THAT THE LIST IS CORRECT AND ADVISE ME IF YOU THINK THERE IS AN ERROR.

* This is a list of the compensation picks for retired or delisted players. these players have been removed from team lists.

Please let me know if you have any retired or delisted players on your list that you want removed and a compensation pick for.

PLEASE NOTE: You can keep delisted players on your list until the START of the AXVs rookie/preseason draft, if they are not on an AFL list at that time a compensation pick will automatically be given to you.

IF WE MISS A DELISTED PLAYER - You will be able to pick a player from the remaining pool of players after the AXVS Rookie/Preseason draft ( as soon as we realize we have missed a delisted/retired player on one of the AXVs lists).

CURRENT LIST

Compensation Picks: Delisted players from the INITIAL DRAFT

Pick 97. Tor01doc  (compensation for retired player - Pick 292. Tor01doc = Josh Drummond )
Pick 98. Maca24  (compensation for delisted player - Pick 348. Maca24 = Brendan Lee )
Pick 99. JROO8  (compensation for delisted player - Pick 538. EZA100 = Michael Coad )
Pick 100. Jayman (compensation for retired player - Pick 558. Jayman = Tom Swift )
Pick 101. KoopKicka (compensation for delisted player - Pick 575. KoopKicka = Matthew Panos )

BB67th

So what time limit rules will be used for the drafts?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: BB67th on November 05, 2012, 09:09:20 PM
So what time limit rules will be used for the drafts?

The same applies for all 3 drafts as we had in the initial draft. so a 24 hour from last pick rule and a 2 hour from being online to pick rule.

Skipping then applies in either case and a pick skipped is taken as soon as you are online next.

Rules here in first post apply to all drafts:  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66557.msg862254.html#msg862254

SPECIFIC RULE FOR NATIONAL DRAFT

You may pass at any time and you will recieve that pick at the START of the AXVs Rookie/Preseason draft.

* The reason we cannot have a nice relaxed week long startup to the national draft like we did in the initial draft, is because the rookie/preseason draft is only 3 weeks behind the national draft.

* The reason we don't want to delay the rookie/preseason draft is that it will then run into the full on holiday season and people will be away, and if we wait until everyone is back it will be very close to the season starting and eat into time for trade window #2.

I would ideally have all this including the next two drafts and the second trade window wrapped up well before the start of the NAB cup.

Which is in keeping with my desire to be AFL like in the running of the AXVs - there will be no drafting or trading for the real AFL in January, so while we will have some of January (early) allocated of neccessity for a final trade period I will want it all wound up as soon as possible, so we can run our teams in a similar manner that the AFL teams actually are run.

which is no trading or drafting during the NAB CUP :)  ::)  8)

Colliwobblers

Below is an extract of an article which lists the delisted players available to be signed by AFL clubs during free agency and again during the preseason draft.

Just to assist in knowing who is delisted.

Article:  http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150582/default.aspx

MORE than 100 discarded players will have a chance to find a new AFL home when the delisted player free agency period opens on Thursday.

As part of the AFL's introduction of free agency this year, delisted players will, for the first time, be able to sign with a new club without entering the draft.

Among the delisted group are 22 players with 40 or more games of AFL experience - including Steven Salopek, Sam Sheldon, Cheynee Stiller, Bret Thornton, Cameron Wood, Kyle Reimers, Matthew Bate, Ricky Petterd, Matt Campbell, Jacob Surjan, Raph Clarke, Jason Gram, Jarred Moore and Justin Sherman.     

They may suit a club searching for a ready-made contributor.

Unlucky former Geelong rookie Jonathan Simpkin is also sure to receive consideration.

The goalkicking midfielder impressed in his four games for the Cats this season, and also made it back-to-back best and fairests for the club's VFL team.

He was cut only because rookie lists have been reduced from six players to four for next season.

Tom Gillies, Lucas Cook, Josh Toy and Cruize Garlett are among others who may attract interest, while Liam Jurrah is being considered for a rookie list spot by Port Adelaide.

The signing window runs until 2pm AEDT on November 13.

Players still unsigned at that time can then enter the NAB AFL Draft on the Gold Coast.

Who's available: Name (former club), age, games

Brad Symes (Adel) 27, 80
Will Young (Adel) 22, 2

Josh Dyson (BL) 21, 1
Brad Harvey (BL) 20, 0
James Hawksley (BL) 23, 32
Bryce Retzlaff (BL) 21, 11
Sam Sheldon (BL) 23, 43
Cheynee Stiller (BL) 26, 100

Paul Bower (Carl) 24, 70

Blake Bray (Carl) 20, 0
Mitch Carter (Carl) 21, 0
Andrew Collins* (Carl) 23, 11
Nick Heyne (Carl)22, 3

Rohan Kerr (Carl) 20, 0

Matthew Lodge (Carl) 19, 0
Bret Thornton (Carl) 28, 181

Simon Buckley (Coll) 25, 26
Jonathon Ceglar (Coll) 21, 0
Paul Cribbin (Coll) 20, 0
Daniel Farmer (Coll) 20, 0
Shae McNamara (Coll) 27, 0
Luke Rounds (Coll) 21, 6
Lachlan Smith (Coll) 19, 0
Trent Stubbs (Coll) 20, 0
Kirk Ugle (Coll) 20, 3
Cameron Wood (Coll) 25, 48

Brendan Lee (Ess) 25, 2
Sam Lonergan (Ess) 25, 79
Anthony Long (Ess) 21, 0
Kyle Reimers (Ess) 23, 60
Michael Ross (Ess) 21, 2

Gavin Roberts (Fre) 21, 0
Jay van Berlo (Fre) 24, 32
Jordan Wilson-King (Fre) 19, 0

Tom Gillies (Geel) 22, 13
Jonathan Simpkin (Geel) 25, 4
Orren Stephenson (Geel) 30, 8

Piers Flanagan (GC) 20, 3
Sam Iles (GC) 25, 26
Hayden Jolly (GC) 20, 6
Alik Magin (GC) 21, 8
Lewis Moss (GC) 20, 0
Josh Toy (GC) 20, 13

Stephen Clifton (GWS) 25, 5
Rhys Cooyou (GWS) 21, 1
Tim Segrave (GWS) 20, 0

Jarrad Boumann (Haw) 23, 2
Michael Osborne* (Haw) 30, 163
Adam Pattison (Haw) 26, 66
Tom Schneider (Haw) 20, 0

Matthew Bate (Melb) 25, 102
Jamie Bennell (Melb) 22, 57
Lucas Cook (Melb) 20, 0
Liam Jurrah (Melb) 24, 36
Ricky Petterd (Melb) 24, 54
Jai Sheahan (Melb) 19, 0
Leigh Williams (Melb) 22, 0

Matt Campbell (NM) 25, 82
Cruize Garlett (NM) 23, 32
Malcolm Lynch (NM) 24, 2
Brad Mangan (NM) 21, 0
Ben McKinley (NM) 25, 48
Ben Speight (NM) 22, 10
Gavin Urquhart (NM) 24, 41
Ben Warren (NM) 23, 29

Mitch Banner (PA) 22, 19
Mitch Curnow (PA) 20, 0
Jarrad Irons (PA) 20, 3
Simon Phillips (PA) 25, 9
Steven Salopek (PA) 27, 121
Jacob Surjan (PA) 27, 121
Daniel Webb (PA) 23, 0

Andrew Browne (Rich) 22, 12
Dean MacDonald (Rich) 20, 0
Addam Maric (Rich) 22, 31
Gibson Turner (Rich) 19, 0
Jeromey Webberley (Rich) 24, 16
Piva Wright (Rich) 19, 0

Warrick Andreoli (StK) 20, 0
Daniel Archer (StK) 21, 1
Raph Clarke (StK) 27, 85
Sam Crocker (StK) 20, 0
Jason Gram (StK) 28, 154
Brett Peake (StK) 29, 118
Dean Polo (StK) 26, 77

Nathan Gordon (Syd) 22, 2
Eugene Kruger (Syd) 21, 0
Jack Lynch (Syd) 19, 0
Dylan McNeil (Syd) 21, 0
Brett Meredith (Syd) 23, 16
Jarred Moore (Syd) 26, 68
Mark Seaby (Syd) 28, 120

Anton Hamp (WCE) 20, 0
Michael Mascoulis (WCE) 19, 0
Ryan Neates (WCE) 21, 0
Callum Papertalk (WCE) 20, 0
Andrew Strijk (WCE) 25, 13
Gerrick Weedon (WCE) 21, 1

Tom Hill (WB) 21, 0
Andrew Hooper (WB) 21, 7
Brodie Moles (WB) 26, 17
James Mulligan (WB) 23, 3
Matt Panos (WB) 21, 0
Justin Sherman (WB) 25, 138

* Collins and Osborne will continue to train with their respective clubs, in the hope of being re-listed in the pre-season draft.

Noz

What pick would i get if i were to de list Sherman i think i will anyway just wanted to know first.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Noz on November 10, 2012, 12:12:42 AM
What pick would i get if i were to de list Sherman i think i will anyway just wanted to know first.

you get a pick at the end of our rookie/preseason draft, in order of where you drafted him so starting after the draft compensation picks go in order of when the delisted/retired player was drafted in our initial draft.

not much compensation, may be worth more in a trade if he gets picked up by another club?

Noz

Would anyone be interested in Sherman?

JBs-Hawks

Not with only 4 possible trade movements :p

BB67th

Quote from: Noz on November 10, 2012, 11:45:25 AM
Would anyone be interested in Sherman?
I'll give you my last rookie pick for him?