Main Menu

AXVs: Official Drafts

Started by Colliwobblers, August 13, 2012, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

tons of delistings will update before the draft.

tor01doc

Kirk Ugle - farewell! Buggar.   :(

Aaron Edwards - pissed again!  ::)

Noz

Justin Sherman set to be de listed joins Paul Bower at the Gazelles  :-\

Jroo

For example
What happens with Kurt Tippett if he gets delisted? Does who ever have him get a chance to say they want to keep him as he will get picked up by a club. Or does he have to be delisted?

Noz

I think they get to choose

Example

They can keep Tippett on the list incase he gets picked up by another club but if he doesn't that club gets no compo pick
Or
They can delist Tippett and get a compo pick but if he is picked up by another AFL club the AXV club would have to draft him again

Adamant

Ricky Petterd delisted for the Bears :-\ I can still keep him on our list cant I as he should be picked up?

tor01doc

Spare a thought for the poor young guys and their families as they are given the news of their delistings - hey cw?  :(

tbagrocks

Quote from: tor01doc on October 30, 2012, 12:15:58 AM
Spare a thought for the poor young guys and their families as they are given the news of their delistings - hey cw?  :(
What is the base salary for draftees in their first two years? I think I'll save my thoughts for the 47% of the world's population that doesn't have clean drinking water but hey, each to their own

Colliwobblers

They have youth on their side as well as usually the support of a football club who will have been seeing them well educated, still a big disappointment for them to have not made it, I don't think much of a pay cut given the level they were at (most cases) but tough all the same. Sucks for Wood I am not sure he will get another gig, its those 25+ guys that have the most to lose... put so much more time into it as a career. Still flowering young compared to dinosaurs like me...

NOW - THE RULES FOR DELISTINGS:

- If a player you have on your list is delisted between now and the start of the AFL preseason draft and remains delisted, you have the option to;

A) drop that player and nominate to take a pick for him as per the compensation rules at the end of OUR rookie/preseason draft.

OR

B) you may keep him in the hope he is drafted to another team in the AFL preseason draft. If he is you keep him. If he is not drafted and remains delisted you automatically take a compensation pick for him at the end of OUR rookie/preseason draft as per the compensation pick rules.

* So in short if a player you don't want is delisted ( maybe since he may be at a new club but your too unsure on his future and want to drop him) you can nominate PRIOR to the AFL preseason draft to take a compensation pick for him.

* If you do this and he is drafted in the AFL preseason draft he will be available to ALL AXVs teams to pick in the AXVs rookie/preseason draft.

* If you choose to keep him (Tippett - no brainer) in the hope he goes to another club, he remains on your list and is not droppable. He will remain on your list. The only exception being in the event he does not get picked up in the AFL preseason draft and remains NOT ON AN AFL LIST, in which case he is automatically dropped from your team prior to the start of the AXVs rookie/preseason draft, and you are automatically given a compensation pick for that player as per the compensation pick rules.

ANY ? ? ? LET ME KNOW

KoopKicka

Matthew Panos has been delisted by the Western Bulldogs, the Kathmandu Eskimos have decided to drop him and receive compensation for him, we wish Matt luck in his future escapades.

However we will choose to hang onto Cruize Garlett, as we feel he will get picked up somewhere.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 31, 2012, 06:51:35 PM
Matthew Panos has been delisted by the Western Bulldogs, the Kathmandu Eskimos have decided to drop him and receive compensation for him, we wish Matt luck in his future escapades.

However we will choose to hang onto Cruize Garlett, as we feel he will get picked up somewhere.

excellent thanks Koop very helpful :)  I'll need to know this from everyone by our rookie/preseason draft

tbagrocks

I think I will hang on to Hatden Jolly!

Justin Bieber

Heaps of other delisting recently.

Adamant

I'll hang on to Ricky Petterd and Josh Toy thanks CW.

Jay

I'll take the compensation for Swift thanks Colli :)

Might hang on to Cooyou though, surely he will get picked up