Best ruckman of all time

Started by slipknot_4, August 11, 2012, 12:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slipknot_4

after chat in tonights game thought id start a poll

2 votes each and you can change them

let me know if ya want me to add anyone

-Hector-

Aaron Sandilands is the trick answer, right?

Maybe if you asked who is the tallest ruckman of all time he might be in with a chance.

Plastic Boy

Wow everyone is getting so excited by Dean Cox and Nic Nats game... they were up aaginst a 1st year ruckman in Stephenson who was injured during the game and continued playing.

I do think both Ruckman are great players, but remember who they were up against.

quinny88

Quote from: Plastic Boy on August 11, 2012, 10:16:33 AM
Wow everyone is getting so excited by Dean Cox and Nic Nats game... they were up aaginst a 1st year ruckman in Stephenson who was injured during the game and continued playing.

I do think both Ruckman are great players, but remember who they were up against.

Great point plastic.
And to be realistic 99% of us didnt see a lot of these guys play.
From what ive heard Polly farmer was the best but you would have to do this by decade.
Of course Cox is the popular choice, we are witnessing him first hand right now

BB67th

Farmer definitely best of all time.

Cicjose

Quote from: BB67th on August 12, 2012, 12:35:10 PM
Farmer definitely best of all time.

supreme ruckman no one gets close IMO

tbagrocks

Fireballz

Jim Stynes and Scott Wynd both won Brownlows as ruckmen. So did Goodes but I think he qualifies more as an all round athlete...

valkorum

I chose Polly but Jim Stynes needs to be in this poll.  (he would come 2nd to Polly IMO)

tbagrocks

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 13, 2012, 07:01:24 PM
Glenelg great Peter Carey
how come this guys not in the voting yet? >:( absolute champion

BIAS AGAINST THE SANFL MUCH?

AFEV

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 20, 2012, 07:39:39 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on August 13, 2012, 07:01:24 PM
Glenelg great Peter Carey
how come this guys not in the voting yet? >:( absolute champion

BIAS AGAINST THE SANFL MUCH?
It happens to that SANFL & the WANFL. They're just ignored when these conversations come up (99% of the time.)

Ken Farmer was one of (if not the) best forwards ever...Yet I've never heard him mentioned by another person in a real life debate. Same goes for Robran & many, many other greats. It's a real shame.

For this though, where is McIntosh, Carey, Wright, Cazaly, Leahy...Even Stephen Michael spent time as a ruckman! I'm not voting out of protest :P

EDIT: My mistake, Roy Wright is in the poll.