Copped Every Out, what would you do?

Started by Samm79, August 10, 2012, 04:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samm79

Team is as follows with 2 trades and $15K left

Lids, Goddard, Carazzo, Burgoyne, Lake, S Thompson, Yarran (Spurr, S Shaw)
Ablett, Pendles, Thompson, Priddis, Jelwood, C Hampton (Swan, Couch)
Cox, Jenkins (Ryder, Redden)
Danger, Sidey, Roughead, Lewis, Stevie J, Zorko, Treloar (Buddy, Chapman)

4 premos on the bench leaves me stretched, but without a donut, unless Roughy misses.. Top 4 in all leagues so will get a second chance, what trades would you make?

tor01doc

Buy a good bottle of wine, sit back and watch the Eagles and Cats belt each other senseless.

No trades needed this week.

The Bomber

Chappy --> Fyfe

If it is an injury there is no guarantee that he will be back next week especially with a 30+ yr old body. Play Fyfe over Hampton and keep him as EMG in your forward line for roughy...

(Does anyone know the extent of his injury or is it a cover? He has already had 2 rests his year....)

KoopKicka

Quote from: The Bomber on August 10, 2012, 04:19:15 PM
Chappy --> Fyfe

If it is an injury there is no guarantee that he will be back next week especially with a 30+ yr old body. Play Fyfe over Hampton and keep him as EMG in your forward line for roughy...

(Does anyone know the extent of his injury or is it a cover? He has already had 2 rests his year....)

This is also what I would do, then sit tight. :)

Samm79

Was thinking of going Redden to a cheap R/F and then SDThompson to Scotland... With all the outs though I think I'll hold and save my trades when I haven't been dealt a 7 2 offsuit hand..

Elite87

Good idea actually. Trade Redden for the bottom of the bell 94k ruckman to get you some cash (im assuming he is ur D4 at the moment, so ur D3 should be all the cover you need) .... with the extra money go Scotland or H.Shaw... or Birchall if you want to save a bit of dough...

JamSainter

Quote from: tor01doc on August 10, 2012, 04:18:13 PM
Buy a good bottle of wine, sit back and watch the Eagles and Cats belt each other senseless.

You sir are a legend. Best advice I have ever seen on this site.
Just sit back, enjoy a good game and hope your uniques spring a surprise!  ;D

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: tor01doc on August 10, 2012, 04:18:13 PM

No better option imo.. Very similair issue for me this week, but I'm replacing the wine with a bottle of turkey!  ;D

My Chumps

Very rough luck there Sammy.

Feeling for you, hope the Swannies can get up this weekend to lessen the pain  ;)

Seriously though, I'd get rid of Swan. That's 130 points sitting on your bench for two vital weeks. Treloar and Zorko will provide sufficent cover up front, but Hampton is pretty average cover in the mids.
Swan ---> Watson or Swallow.

T Dog

Havent considered Beams for Swan / Buddy at all ?

Samm79

The Tor01doc always has some choice advice  :) hopefully lady luck is more kind to us next week. Enjoy the Friday evening  ;)

Quote from: My Chumps on August 10, 2012, 06:35:39 PM
Very rough luck there Sammy.

Feeling for you, hope the Swannies can get up this weekend to lessen the pain  ;)

Seriously though, I'd get rid of Swan. That's 130 points sitting on your bench for two vital weeks. Treloar and Zorko will provide sufficent cover up front, but Hampton is pretty average cover in the mids.
Swan ---> Watson or Swallow.

Cheers Chumps, hope he Swannies can break the hoodoo this weekend.

Hampton is only average cover, but has averaged 80 over the last 4 rounds when playing in the backline. It will only be for this week as Treloar and Zorko can cover the mids too. Would hate to not trade and go down by 20 though!

My Chumps

Indeed!

Elimination final for you? Or are you top 4?

Samm79

Quote from: T Dog on August 10, 2012, 06:39:13 PM
Havent considered Beams for Swan / Buddy at all ?

I haven't, not that it won't improve my team, but would prefer to upgrade Thompson to Scotland, which will get me the same points Bud to Beams will, and when Bud is fit my team will improve further. That's the theory anyway...

Quote from: My Chumps on August 10, 2012, 06:46:00 PM
Indeed!

Elimination final for you? Or are you top 4?

Top 4 in all leagues, think I'll need the double chance.

My Chumps

Maybe best to wait a week then to pull the trigger as tor01doc suggested.

Best of luck mate!

Samm79

Quote from: My Chumps on August 10, 2012, 06:49:55 PM
Maybe best to wait a week then to pull the trigger as tor01doc suggested.

Best of luck mate!

Thanks, you too. How are you looking??