so this franklin ####, you keeping him?

Started by fever, August 10, 2012, 11:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

are you?

yep, he'll be back soon scoring big again!
15 (39.5%)
yep, dont have the trades to get rid of the barbie :(
10 (26.3%)
nope, done his dash, he gone.
13 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 2

fever

i'm not including an option for those that traded him when he first got injured to brag about it. f u!!! ;)

seriously though, if he's not playing v port there's a pretty real chance that they wont risk him v gold coast either (or he'll play a half and get subbed). is it a better late than never time to trade him?

bonebones

Tone it down fever. That subject is a bit harsh. I can tell you that personally, he is gutted that he's not playing. He will be back next week and he will be looking to make up for lost time.

The Bomber

Depends whether you actually have the option to hold him. Many have Chappy and Swan out as well so need to trade someone to cover a donut. Also given it is a hammy injury, his match fitness will be low when he comes back which means he will probably play against GC but get subbed out at half time. Going to drop in value and the second game back from injury is always the hardest. If you have a trade you can use (atleast 4 at this stage) then I would recommend trading him.

Then again he is a superstar so he may pull one out of nowhere like he did against the Kangas....

This is an objective view of the situation given I don't have Buddy...

Elite87

Yeh ease up on him Fever... we are all dissppointed he aint back yet, but Im sure he is more so.

fever

Quote from: bonebones on August 10, 2012, 11:47:35 AM
Tone it down fever. That subject is a bit harsh.

i guess sarcasm is a bit hard to portray in text. ;)

QuoteI can tell you that personally, he is gutted that he's not playing. He will be back next week and he will be looking to make up for lost time.

what personal connection do you have with him? what type of guarantee has he given you that he'll play next week?

there is also a thread in DT that he has been victim of the 3 strikes drug policy (by an in-house haw test), and that he is out because of that. i received the email saying that yesterday too, but i just assumed it was the sort of rubbish that gets flung around.

RiOtChEsS

haha i like it, i mean if we r allowed to drop the @$$hole bomb that is otherwise naughty Fever very naughty ;D

northernstar

Quote from: The Bomber on August 10, 2012, 11:48:27 AM
Depends whether you actually have the option to hold him. Many have Chappy and Swan out as well so need to trade someone to cover a donut. Also given it is a hammy injury, his match fitness will be low when he comes back which means he will probably play against GC but get subbed out at half time. Going to drop in value and the second game back from injury is always the hardest. If you have a trade you can use (atleast 4 at this stage) then I would recommend trading him.

Then again he is a superstar so he may pull one out of nowhere like he did against the Kangas....

How come we have already assumed Chapman is definitely out?

Swallow12

JamSainter

Quote from: northernstar on August 10, 2012, 12:21:32 PM

And Fantasy Freako has tweeted that he damaged his hamstring at training, and could be out for more than 1 week.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: fever on August 10, 2012, 12:19:18 PM
Quote from: bonebones on August 10, 2012, 11:47:35 AM
Tone it down fever. That subject is a bit harsh.

i guess sarcasm is a bit hard to portray in text. ;)

QuoteI can tell you that personally, he is gutted that he's not playing. He will be back next week and he will be looking to make up for lost time.

what personal connection do you have with him? what type of guarantee has he given you that he'll play next week?

there is also a thread in DT that he has been victim of the 3 strikes drug policy (by an in-house haw test), and that he is out because of that. i received the email saying that yesterday too, but i just assumed it was the sort of rubbish that gets flung around.
Ha, I detected the sarcasm and liked it Fever. How many Boo's did you get?

Elite87

enzedder

Decided to trade him with one of my 2 trades left. Getting Beams.
If Pfeiffer doesn't play I cop a doughnut with no trade.
Wanted to keep Buddy and trade Porps for Fyfe but just fall short by around 10k.
Beams' average and price just about identical to Buddy's so should net me a few points and help in overall and may be enough to change a loss to a win...who knows?
Not wrapped in using my second last trade but think it is okay given the circumstances.

The Bomber

Quote from: northernstar on August 10, 2012, 12:21:32 PM

Psychic  ;)

almax

As a Hawthorn supporter it was at great pains to final trade out Buddy, especially for a Collingwood player, but out with Buddy, in with Beams it is.
Also have had enough with Lake so downgraded him to Browne as i figure S.Shaw has been sitting on my bench getting the same if not better points than Lake and with Adelaides juicy run home, should do well.