Cloke rumour

Started by 97crows98, August 09, 2012, 10:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97crows98

Aparantly word around the Crows Supporters Group is that Adelaide have made an offer to Travis Cloke for next season.

Has anyone else heard anything similar?

Does this mean Tippett is leaving?

Interesting to see what eventuates over the next 6-8 weeks.

Mr.Craig

That's very interesting indeed but I think you should've posted this in either the Collingwood or Adelaide section instead of DT Players and Trades.

tbagrocks

absolute bulldust! the last player the crows need is Cloke. Tommy Lynch can't even get a game! no way they would pay Cloke what he wants anyway

tbagrocks

picker_man

+1 tba

we got a shower load of KPP forwards coming through even without tippet. Cloke will ad no value to us! will be 1st mistake sando has made ::)

slipknot_4

Quote from: picker_man on August 09, 2012, 10:19:21 PM
+1 tba

we got a shower load of KPP forwards coming through even without tippet. Cloke will ad no value to us! will be 1st mistake sando has made ::)

2nd mistake

1st was playing tambling last week

Zombie2.5

Quote from: slipknot_4 on August 09, 2012, 10:52:48 PM
Quote from: picker_man on August 09, 2012, 10:19:21 PM
+1 tba

2nd mistake

1st was playing tambling last week
Tambling..... ::)

Don't think we'll get Cloke.. http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/144117/default.aspx
Don't really need him...
And he's shower...

DT87

I doubt it too, Adelaide are one of the clubs that have pretty much no need for him and Cloke seems very reluctant to leave Victoria.

Dave085

They also mention Goddard. How long has he got left?

I dont think Cloke or Goddard would be players would fit the team. Dont know much about Quinten Lynch though.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Dave085 on August 10, 2012, 12:27:39 PM

I dont think Cloke or Goddard would be players would fit the team. Dont know much about Quinten Lynch though.
Quinton plays at west Coast, Tommy Lynch was recruited from st kilda and looked good in the nab, and looked good when given chances at senior level this year, quite mobile, good mark, good kick. He's playing CHB at Glenelg most weeks and dominates SANFL level!

Dave085

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 10, 2012, 01:04:40 PM
Quote from: Dave085 on August 10, 2012, 12:27:39 PM

Quinton plays at west Coast, Tommy Lynch was recruited from st kilda and looked good in the nab, and looked good when given chances at senior level this year, quite mobile, good mark, good kick. He's playing CHB at Glenelg most weeks and dominates SANFL level!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/crows-move-on-free-agents-travis-cloke-and-brendon-goddard/story-e6freck3-1226447074674
There also will be free agents who will be presented to Adelaide as Tippett's contract negotiations at West Lakes drag on.
West Coast key forward Quinten Lynch is a free agent with a management team measuring his value across the market.

Quinten was briefly mentioned here, perhaps because the topic is mainly about a key forward. You know what adelaidenow/the advertiser is like  ;)

Anyway, was just wondering if he would fit our structure as i dont know his playing style.

Jukes

If the Crows can somehow sign up both Cloke and Goddard they'd win the flag for sure. Doubt they will tho, imo Pies will retain Cloke while Goddard will either stay at the Saints or go to GWS.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Jukes on August 10, 2012, 01:34:55 PM
If the Crows can somehow sign up both Cloke and Goddard they'd win the flag for sure. Doubt they will tho, imo Pies will retain Cloke while Goddard will either stay at the Saints or go to GWS.
:o they already have two possibly four forwards better than Travis!  :o