Main Menu

Crows join the race for Cloke

Started by KoopKicka, August 09, 2012, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lachie_001

Don't want him, not taking steps backwards. Even if we lose tippo, we have lynch, jenkins and johnston for a chance to show there capabilities. Otherwise we can go chase down Jeremy Cameron with tippo's money

tbagrocks

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha like lol wtf?

who plays CHF for Adelaide? who? how we gonna pay Travis anyway?

hogwash, bulldust, that melbourne media stiring the pot again... or... they got their wires crossed and it was Port Adelaide

McRooster

Don't be so sure tbag, Ktip's GF has apparently already told her employer, and last time the GF of a speculative Crow resigned - Nathan Bock went to Gold Coast  :o

Hey Brisbane....

Tippett is the highest paid Crow, Adelaide could afford Cloke if ktip left, especially considering the chunk of salary cap that will open up when Adelaide de-list Chris Knights at end of season (Adelaide's second highest paid player)

DG

Quote from: McRooster on August 09, 2012, 10:24:20 PM
Don't be so sure tbag, Ktip's GF has apparently already told her employer, and last time the GF of a speculative Crow resigned - Nathan Bock went to Gold Coast  :o

Where did you hear that roost? doesn't sound positive, i was sure that he was pretty much signed. Lachie does have a point re blokes who could step up, but you could build a team around cloke, similar to tippo, not sure you could with the others yet. having said that id prefer tippett every day of the week.

Knighter will go, but would think he'd get a go at another club...

nas

Tippett > He has a contract clause applied the other year where he gets out (Clause) for some thing ridiculous. Roost would be able to enlighten it a bit more.

Justin Bieber

Rooster... Dangerfield?? Or is his 750k a year starting next year?

tbagrocks

the Adelaide Crows next premiership forward line:

FF: Callinan - Lynch - Douglas

HF: Wright - Walker - Petrenko

+ Jenkins, Porplyzia, Kinghts?, Henderson? McKernan, Johnston, McIntyre,

sorry no room for Kurt, how da fq we going to fit Kurt, or even Cloke? trade him to Queensland for a top draft pick and get either- Ben Kennedy, Sam Calquhoun, or my fav... Jimmy Toumpas, if the SA clubs let Toumpas go I'm gonna be >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

so to the player manager thats trying to get a better deal for Cloke! stop spreading rumors about a link to the mighty Adelaide Crows!

DG

tba I disagree a bit, lynch isnt quite tall enough, and neither is johnston to be a key CHF / FF. Tippett is 10cm taller and a better contested mark, which is what we need down there. I dont think that losing tippett would be the end of the world, i think signing danger, sloane, walker etc has been much more important, but there's no doubt for mine that we are a better team with Tippett. Maybe McKernan will develop, but he has taken his time so far, dominates SANFL, but looks lost at AFL level. Jenkins is coming along nicely, but def more of a ruckman then a CHF. I can see lynch as being a taller wingman / HF than a key position player, would definitely like to see more of him in the side. The forward line you have put there is pretty good, but lacks a big body which the smaller blokes need to crumb off.

Also not sure of this clause that he apparently has which means we only get a 2nd and 3rd round pick, its gone a bit quiet on that, anyone know whether this exists at all?

nas

The clause exists but just can't remember the full details but basically you get not much if he decides to go.

Went hunting so if this does exist then if still in place ^^^^ Applies.   http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/suns--the-gun-crows-may-lose-tippett-20110809-1ikxx.html

DG

Quote from: naste on August 10, 2012, 11:09:08 AM
The clause exists but just can't remember the full details but basically you get not much if he decides to go.

Went hunting so if this does exist then if still in place ^^^^ Applies.   http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/suns--the-gun-crows-may-lose-tippett-20110809-1ikxx.html

A year ago to the day too! i got a little confused there for a minute!

tbagrocks

Your probably right about Tippo would be a shame to lose him, guess I'm looking at other guys on the list with better kicks and maybe expect a bit much from Lynch, I see Tex as the big body at CHF but we're undoubtedly a better team with the TT- Tex Tippett combo! I'm looking at the chance of trying to get a star SA 18yr old at the club and utilize the stock we have in the forward line! really Tex could do it all by himself, but if we keep Kurt I will still be happy ;D

McRooster

Quote from: DG on August 09, 2012, 10:51:19 PM
Where did you hear that roost?
A quick snippet on 5aa, was downplayed VERY quickly. I thought it was hilarious that the next night during the SANFL section of the show they had ex Crow Paul 'Mirrors' Patterson on, and he put so much air into the tyres of Joel Tippett (playing as a full back at West Adelaide), saying that Crows were looking at him, etc,etc. The whole segment seemed designed to make it look like Joel should stay in Adelaide and form a 'bookend' set up with big brother Kurt. Patterson even said that he could see Joel taking on Ben Ruttens role, FML  ;D.

Rumor also has it that Kurt does not have concussion, he just won't sign, and that's why Sando is not playing him. Kurt needs to play to bulk up his worth to Brisabne ( coin wise) and Sando, without that signature (or Clokes) won't be bullied into it.

Quote from: whatlez on August 09, 2012, 11:13:24 PM
Rooster... Dangerfield?? Or is his 750k a year starting next year?
Yep, next year. Chris Knights still #2 in 2012.

the flying hawk

ok why do the crows need cloke they already have Walker and Tippet it wouldn't work having cloke taylor and Tippet in the same forward line ???

KoopKicka

Quote from: the flying hawk on August 11, 2012, 02:26:48 PM
ok why do the crows need cloke they already have Walker and Tippet it wouldn't work having cloke taylor and Tippet in the same forward line ???

Rumour is Tippet is moving to Brisbane