The get around Swan thread and have drink!

Started by owenbond007, August 08, 2012, 07:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

empire07

yer slap you tell him.  do you think the bombers should drink to load up on carbs build more muscle and get totally messed up pass out and forget the last few weeks of footy ?

Chelskiman

Slap, you're taking this way too seriously, he had a few beers one night.  You're talkin as if he's had 12 beers and a bottle of rum a night, lol.  Swan is human like the rest of us, he's not a robot.  He probably deserves a beer more than any of us here for all he does on field for Collingwood.  I hate Collingwood, and I never thought I'd be sticking up for one of their players, but jesus christ.

Dave085

At the end of the day, its disrespectful and arrogant to think that you can drink alcohol when you made an agreement with the rest of the playing group then breach the agreement.

I would be very dissapointed if i were in the same position.

On a side note, doesnt it just highlight Australias drinking culture! haha, love getting on the cans and i can coz i dont play afl  ;D

MacPack

Do you think Collingwood would have suspended Swan if they were fighting for a home final or a Top four spot. This is just his 2012 Arizona Break before coming back fresh. If he did this before the grand final would they suspend him then..... I think not!!

KBcokebotl

Yeah stop young men from drinking for half the year then complain when they act like diks on mad monday coz they cant handle their piss. No alcohol at all is f'en bs, a rule made to be broken, we are all fken human even afl players. We live in Australia not china, and men have fought and died for our right to have a beer. Who the fk do collingwood leadrship group think they are? How fkn unaustralian
Next year theyll be saying they dont want their players to have a beer after the anzac day clash ffs or none in the off season, where will it all end. Sign your life away they not kiddin

Ziplock

he should be banned for breaking a pledge, it just shows a lack of dedication.

that being said, it's a ridiculous rule the pies instated- slap, ftr, they pledged not to drink for the rest of the season. Swan had a couple of beers nearly a week before his game.

w.e, it's done now, but the pies rule completely sends the wrong message.

Andrew

Just don't get why the players are not a bit smarter about the drinking. Finish the drinking session by midnight, powerade and panadol before bed and you're sweet! To rock up to training showing the effects means you've gotten showerfaced late into the night and isn't acceptable for any professional, let alone for a professional so reliant on their body.