Big QF This Week - Upgrade Darley or hold Shaw/Baguley as D7?

Started by Tominator, August 08, 2012, 02:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Would You Do? Please read post before voting

Upgrade Sam Darley
6 (85.7%)
Hold trades and use Mark Baguley or Sam Shaw as D7
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Tominator

I finished 2nd and my opponent this week has improved dramatically of late to consistently pump out 2100+ over the past 7 weeks.. Also of relevance is that four weeks ago I lost to him by 184 points (with 2 donuts) but I have outscored him past 2 weeks.

I am faced with a dilemma as to whether I should use one of my final two trades or not?

Baguley, Shaw and Darley are my last three defenders (two on bench).

2 trades and $232,700 left

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Waters, Birchall, Carrazzo, Lake, Shaw (Baguley, Darley)
MID: Ablett, Boyd, Thompson, Pendlebury, Selwood, Gibson (Swan, Couch)
RUC: Cox, Maric (Giles, Campbell)
FWD: Beams, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Martin, Goodes Zorko, Treloar (Franklin, Porplyzia)

My plan for my final trade will be to either dump Brian Lake or upgrade Porplyzia, but this week I really want to win so I can avoid any curveballs that come next week and get my team all set for Prelim Finals

With all that in mind, should I trade Darley or hold Baguley/Shaw as D7?

Cheers will be given for comments :)

LF

Definately upgrade Darley who knows if he`ll get another game this season.
I wouldn`t want to run Shaw or Baguley as D7 Baguley could get dropped once the Bombers start to get some players back.

nostradamus

Andrew

Tominator

Ajax22

Quote from: Tominator on August 08, 2012, 06:36:53 PM
Quote from: Andrew on August 08, 2012, 04:05:22 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on August 08, 2012, 03:08:12 PM
Bye bye Darley, hello Scotland and $24,700 change

+1

but is $24,700 enough dosh for a final trade?

Most likely yes. There's bound to be a 2 week injury to one of your actual premiums by then and you should be able to find a cheap player that will perform well for 2 rounds

Andrew

Try a cheap smokie (Lovett-Murray not the sub on the weekend, scores 90, would raise you $40k selling Darley for him), or Sam Fisher and make some cash for a huge upgrade with your last trade. But as stated above, odds are you'll be sideways trading a premium.

Jukes

Tominator

well Brian Lake is plummeting in price so would it be smarter to upgrade him instead of Darley? That way I can get a better cash return and more money for my next upgrade perhaps

At the moment Lake isn't scoring much better than Shaw or Baguley