Final Trades with the Swan dilemma

Started by MickyC, August 08, 2012, 12:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickyC

D: Deledio, Scotland, Carrazzo, Goddard, Birchall, Grimes, Heppell (Spurr, Shaw)
M: Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Watson, Rockliff, Priddis (Gibson, Miles)
R: Maric, Ryder (Redden, Campbell)
F: Franklin, Johnson, Beams, Sidebottom, Lewis, Dangerfield, Zorko (Goodes, Hall)

Trades: 2
Bank: $67,900
League Position: 2nd (Real Position), 1st (Total Points, avg 85pts more)

Options:
(a) Sit tight, Gibson covers Swan, Ryder is hopefully covered by Campbell/Redden, and I risk losing but am top 4.
(b) Single trade, Ryder to McEvoy/whoever, Gibson covers Swan.
(c) Single trade, Swan to Ablett. enough said.
(d) Swan to Ablett, Ryder to McEvoy/whoever. Con: If I win then Swan only misses 1 week and I no longer have him.
(e) Rockliff to Ablett, Miles to Couch, Goodes (DPP)/Gibson covers Swan, if I win Ryder back in Prelim, Redden/Campbell covers 1 more week.

I like option (e) personally but am very concerned about the ruck problem. If anyone could shed any light on this that would be awesome.

kilbluff1985

(c) Single trade, Swan to Ablett. enough said.

Talisman

Ablett and Swan are a must-have combo to win any league imo.

Therefore, option e of Rocky to GAJ & Miles to Couch looks good - the fact it gives you DPP coverage mid/fwd is a fantastic bonus - esp. as they will be your last trades.

You have good bench coverage everywhere - Spurr & Shaw both playing and scoring reasonably well, Gibson scoring exceptionally well & has GWS on GF day, Campbell playing last round helps (as does the Dogs struggling) & Redden may get another go with a new coach & Goodes on you fwd bench is a real luxury as he is still a superstar! Therefore, burning your final trades is not the end of the world.

A midfield of Ablett, Watson, Boyd, Pendlebury, Priddis, Goodes & Gibson on the bench with Swan being out is a fantastic midfield group, capable of taking you straight through to the Prelim Final (along with the rest of your side, which is extraordinarily strong), when you'll have Swan back.

Good luck mate!

upthemaidens

if going for league just sit tight. keep your trades for a sudden death game since you have the double chance(u never know u might win this week anyhow)..
if you burn your trades now who knows what will happen next week, option A) is the safer option

MickyC

cheers guys, anyone got a better solution than just waiting for Ryder that takes into account the midfield situation?

Bak2Form

Quote from: upthemaidens on August 08, 2012, 04:07:45 PM
if going for league just sit tight. keep your trades for a sudden death game since you have the double chance(u never know u might win this week anyhow)..
if you burn your trades now who knows what will happen next week, option A) is the safer option

+1