Noob needs help - Too many choices

Started by martindc, August 08, 2012, 02:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martindc

This is my first year of even being aware of Aussie Rules, much less DT, but I think I've given it a good run without asking for the advice of the experts here.  However, now that we're at the finals, I reckon I could use some help. 

My team:
Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Waters, Carrazzo, Suckling, Ellis (S. Shaw, Bell)
Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Pendlebury, J. Selwood, Rockliff (Gibson, D. Smith)
Goldstein, Giles, Kreuzer, Campbell
Franklin, Beams, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Martin, Goodes, Zorko (Treloar, Couch)

I have 5 trades left and $264k in the bank.  Any suggestions for this week would be appreciated. I would also cheer you for advice but I haven't posted enough to be eligible to give them out.  As the noobiest of all noobs, I don't think there's too much I could contribute here that would be of benefit to anyone.  Cheers and good luck to all.

Marcos83

Nice team mate. First of all look at getting rid of ellis for shaw or birchall as ellis will go down in price. Then think about trading out kreuzer to get extra cash for following week assuming you will make it. No point wasting kruezers cash as 3rd ruck, same said for trelor but his decent cover. Swap swan for gibson this week.

Next week trade out suckling as well with the extra trade and look at upgrading rockcliffe to a super premium.

HOLD SWAN

Ajax22

Quote from: Marcos83 on August 08, 2012, 03:30:05 AM
Nice team mate. First of all look at getting rid of ellis for shaw or birchall as ellis will go down in price. Then think about trading out kreuzer to get extra cash for following week assuming you will make it. No point wasting kruezers cash as 3rd ruck, same said for trelor but his decent cover. Swap swan for gibson this week.

Next week trade out suckling as well with the extra trade and look at upgrading rockcliffe to a super premium.

HOLD SWAN

I like getting rid of Ellis for Birchall/Shaw but disagree with the rest. Having cover in the rucks might be vital if your playing ruckmen comes under an injury cloud or is rested. At least hold off on this one until the cash is needed and you can better assess whether you will need the cover.
Don't trade Suckling since he is easily a top 10 defender and would be a wasted trade.
Losing Rocky is a valid trade as well as getting rid of Giles in the next couple of weeks when he comes up against some better opposition but both these trades can wait until another week.
As for Swan if your in the top 4 then hold, if not then trade (most likely to Watson)

EZA100

would definitely do the ellis - shaw trade then if you wanna strengthen you forward line maybe treloar - fyfe