Ruins my plans.

Started by jamesalex, August 07, 2012, 08:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

With Swan out, and with a midfield upgrade still to make, which trade option? 4 trades left

Swan to Pendles. and make the midfield upgrade next round/2 rounds time (Gibson is my m6 this round)
6 (26.1%)
S.Shaw to A.Browne, Horsely to Pendles. and trade Swan next round if needed (Gibson is my m6 this round)
3 (13%)
Swan to Murphy, Horsely to Dal Santo/Rockliff
8 (34.8%)
Swan to Watson, Gibson to Fyfe
6 (26.1%)
Swan to Pendles, Gibson to Mundy
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

jamesalex

Please vote! Here's the team:

Defence: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Hurn, Suckling, Malceski, Lake (S.Shaw, Darley)
Midfield: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Thompson, Boyd, Gibson (Horsely, McDonald)
Rucks: Naitanui, Mumford (Redden, Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Beams, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Goodes, Martin, Zorko (Treloar, T.Adams)

4 trades left. $86,900 in the cash.

With the 4 options that get 2 average premos or 1 super-premo and 1 below-average premo (Mundy, Fyfe?), there's 2 things to consider:

1. Trade Horsely or Gibson?- If i trade Gibson, then my midfield bench will be very weak, having JMac and Horsely.
2. Get 2 premos (e.g, Dal Santo and Murphy) or get a super premo and bargain-premo (e.g, Pendles and Mundy)

Any better combos? If I trade Swan and Horsely I have $1,004,100, and if I trade Swan and Gibson I have$1,029,300.
Or is this concept of getting a full premium team this round not as good as option 1 or option 2?

Here's my opponents team if it helps. Playing for money and playing in the 2nd v 3rd Prelim against this team: http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=13235&lid=1

Have a look at these calculations i did if it helps make a poll choice: (the numbers are the points i will get from the 2 midfield spots from now till end of season)

Option 1: Trading swan to pendles, then upgrading next week:
It is pendles 125 times 4 = 500 + gibson 90 times 1 = 90+ Watson 120 times 3= 360
= 950, BUT ONLY 1 TRADE FOR THE PRELIMS AND GRAND FINAL

Option 2: Keeping Swan and upgrading Horsely to Pendles this round:
It is pendles 125 times 4= 500 + gibson 90 times 2 = 180 + swan 120 times 2 = 240
= 920, BUT 2 TRADES FOR PRELIMS AND GRAND FINAL

Option 3: Trading Horse AND Swan to Murphy and Dal Santo:
It is Murphy 110 times 4= 440 + Dal Santo 105 times 4= 420
= 860, but don't have to start Gibson on the field this week, giving me a better chance of beating my opponent, and Murphy and Dal could average more than what i've given them.

Option 4: Trading Horse AND Swan to Mundy and Watson:
It is Mundy 95 times 4= 380 + Watson 120 times 4= 480
= 860, with a better chance of beating my opponent this week.

Option 5: Trading Gibson AND Swan to Fyfe and Watson:
= 880 (Fyfe averaging 100), better chance of beating opponent this week but midfield bench cover of JMac and Horsely.

Option 6: Trading Gibson AND Swan to Mundy and Pendles
= 880, see explanation for option 5.

Footyrulz

Number 3 sounds great. Gives u the extra premium but u still get rid of swan.

jamesalex

Quote from: Footyrulz on August 07, 2012, 08:22:34 PM
Number 3 sounds great. Gives u the extra premium but u still get rid of swan.

Thanks, have since added an abundance of other options (well 3 actually.) like that.
The question is,

Get a super premo, Pendles this week and play Gibson (and trade Swan to Watson next week IF needed...)
OR
Get 2 premos this week.

jamesalex

Have a look at these calculations i did if it helps make a poll choice:

Option 1: Trading swan to pendles, then upgrading next week: (numbers are the points i will get from the 2 midfield spots from now till end of season)
It is pendles 125 times 4 = 500 + gibson 90 times 1 = 180 + Watson 120 times 3= 360
= 950, BUT ONLY 1 TRADE FOR THE PRELIMS AND GRAND FINAL

Option 2: Keeping Swan and upgrading Horsely to Pendles this round:
It is pendles 125 times 4= 500 + gibson 90 times 2 = 180 + swan 120 times 2 = 240
500+180+240=920, BUT 2 TRADES FOR PRELIMS AND GRAND FINAL

Option 3: Trading Horse AND Swan to Murphy and Dal Santo:
It is Murphy 110 times 4= 440 + Dal Santo 105 times 4= 420
= 860, but don't have to start Gibson on the field this week, giving me a better chance of beating my opponent, and Murphy and Dal could average more than what i've given them.

Option 4: Trading Horse AND Swan to Mundy and Watson:
It is Mundy 95 times 4= 380 + Watson 120 times 4= 480
= 860, with a better chance of beating my opponent this week.

Option 5: Trading Gibson AND Swan to Fyfe and Watson:
= 880 (Fyfe averaging 100), better chance of beating opponent this week but midfield bench cover of JMac and Horsely.

Option 6: Trading Gibson AND Swan to Mundy and Pendles
= 880, see explanation for option 5.

Thoughts?

slipknot_4

90 times 1 doesnt equal 180 :o

shepni

Colliwobblers

i like option 2 then 1 then 5.

i don't trust murphy or dalsanto, watson and fyfe is a quick fix and they are both solid but pendles and swan are BOTH better.

whatever you do you MUST get pendles.

good luck.

jamesalex

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 08, 2012, 02:28:47 AM
i like option 2 then 1 then 5.

i don't trust murphy or dalsanto, watson and fyfe is a quick fix and they are both solid but pendles and swan are BOTH better.

whatever you do you MUST get pendles.

good luck.

Do you think the double upgrade is needed though to beat my oppoenent?:  http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=13235&lid=1

Or is Gibson and Pendles nearly as good as Murphy and Dal?

jamesalex

7 votes for getting Murph and Dal. Only 2 for the one i thought was best, just making the midfield upgrade and having Gibson cover Swan.

Getting Murph and Dal leaves a very weak midfield? (see opening post)

jamesalex

tor01doc

Need to get the best you can and NDS and Rocky aren't that.

Murphy - hmmm?

Go for gold!

jamesalex

Quote from: tor01doc on August 08, 2012, 10:29:56 PM

Need to get the best you can and NDS and Rocky aren't that.

Murphy - hmmm?

Go for gold!

So you reckon trading Swan to Pendles rather than the midfield upgrade to get pendles?

jamesalex

Narrowed down the options.

tor01doc

He's got Pendles - match him.

Then he's got NDS and Rocky - fear thee not.

Swan is wasted on your bench. If you lose you'll be cursing as Swan will miss your sudden death match next week as well.

If you win, and that is more likely if you get Pendles, you'll be glad you got him and you seem to have enough to get Swan back later anyway.

lewis

Hey y'all sorry for getting in on this late......I reckon trade swan for watson and go head to head Pendles v Watson and crush your opponent.  ;)