What are you doing with Swan?

Started by its me lads, August 07, 2012, 07:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will you be doing?

Trading
Holding

its me lads

In case you havent heard the news.........swan is out for 2 Decided tomake this poll for people who just want a quick answer.

i will probably hold him. main league i should win this week then week off and he will be back

have a read if you want

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/143883/default.aspx

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66157.0.html

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66153.0.html

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66164.0.html

Ricochet

even with 4 trades left I'm holding. have a second chance in most my leagues so no point trading him unless i have to next week.

Dave085

Im debating with my self if i should do the following trades leaving me with only $3,700 and 1 trade...

Giles --> Cox and Gibson to S. Thompson...

Mids will be Boyd, Ablet, Thompson, Pendles, Watson, Selwood - Bench Swan, Miles.

I finished top 4 so im wondering if its worth it or not. Maybe ill just do it next week...

T Dog

Quote from: Ricochet on August 07, 2012, 07:08:28 PM
even with 4 trades left I'm holding. have a second chance in most my leagues so no point trading him unless i have to next week.
Are you really relying on second chance ? I am going hard for the week off ..leaving any issues to sort put later..but buddy and swannie should be back by then..lol.. :o

Ajax22

Quote from: Dave085 on August 07, 2012, 07:18:54 PM
Im debating with my self if i should do the following trades leaving me with only $3,700 and 1 trade...

Mids will be Boyd, Ablet, Thompson, Pendles, Watson, Selwood - Bench Swan, Miles.

I finished top 4 so im wondering if its worth it or not. Maybe ill just do it next week...

If you were gonna do something along those lines I would be bringing in a DPP player (or pure forward) that might be able to score similarly to Thompson. You should be able to find one that can perform well over 4 rounds. This means that when Swan returns you can just move this player into the forward line to play instead of someone like Martin rather than leaving say a Selwood on the bench. This week especially Thompsons a fairly good chance to cop a hard tag

Dave085

Quote from: Ajax22 on August 07, 2012, 07:26:41 PM
Quote from: Dave085 on August 07, 2012, 07:18:54 PM

If you were gonna do something along those lines I would be bringing in a DPP player (or pure forward) that might be able to score similarly to Thompson. You should be able to find one that can perform well over 4 rounds. This means that when Swan returns you can just move this player into the forward line to play instead of someone like Martin rather than leaving say a Selwood on the bench. This week especially Thompsons a fairly good chance to cop a hard tag

Thanks mate, just thought of a few solutions... heres my poll if you have some spare time. Would appreciate it... http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66167.0.html

Holz

pretty simple in my eyes, top 4 hold, bottom 4 and have a few trades up your sleave than trade.

Ricochet

Quote from: T Dog on August 07, 2012, 07:19:55 PM
Are you really relying on second chance ? I am going hard for the week off ..leaving any issues to sort put later..but buddy and swannie should be back by then..lol.. :o
if i win i don't need to use the trade, and if i lose then i use the trade next week

TheBeatles

Quote from: Ricochet on August 07, 2012, 07:47:06 PM
Quote from: T Dog on August 07, 2012, 07:19:55 PM
if i win i don't need to use the trade, and if i lose then i use the trade next week

+1

Torpedo10

If you have Gibson on the bench atm don't bother trading. It will barely lose you any points if any as Gibson is pumping 110s each week.

Master Q

Think I'm going to trade him. That'll leave me with -1  :P

0 trades  :(

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 07, 2012, 08:22:55 PM
If you have Gibson on the bench atm don't bother trading. It will barely lose you any points if any as Gibson is pumping 110s each week.
Gibson is great cover... He's been scoring 100's like Swanny anyways... If your opponent has Swan & Gibson too, then you wouldn't gain much points with say Thommo over Gibson... And Gibson scored more than Thommo last week anyways...

Adamant

chaosAD

i finished top 4 and im trading, getting rid of Broughton and Swan for Scotland and J Watson,

KoopKicka

If youre contemplating trading him out I suppose the question you need to ask yourself are you going to cope with Swan possibly being in your opponents column in the PF/GF?