WXV Qualifying and Elimination Finals

Started by ossie85, August 07, 2012, 01:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

What are these finals champion medals ossie? Just a medal for the highest scoring player in a game?

Is there going to be a special name for the medal in the grand final like the norm smith?

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 12, 2012, 08:59:44 PM
What are these finals champion medals ossie? Just a medal for the highest scoring player in a game?

Is there going to be a special name for the medal in the grand final like the norm smith?

Yep, and I reckon so. Not sure what though, what do people think?

Reserves

Wellington Warriors (19.17.131) defeated Toronto Wolves (10.10.70)

Best
Wellington: I Smith, D Armfield, R Lester, J Patfull, M Doughty, T Colyer
Toronto: A Hall, R Bewick

Campinas Oncillas (14.8.92) lost to Pyongyang Chollimas (17.13.115)

Best
Campinas: Nil
Pyongygang: M Warnock, C Dawes, X Ellis, H O'Brien

PNL Reindeers (14.9.93) defeated Tokyo Samurai (13.11.89)

Best
PNL: B Wilkes, N Lovett-Murray, M Thomas, A Selwood
Tokyo: S Blease, A Browne

Mexico City Suns (17.13.115) defeated Beijing Bears (17.12.114)

Best
Mexico City: K Hardingham, J Sellar, D Talia
Beijing: J King, R Shaw, J Hunt, M Talia, D Glass

Finals Next Week:

Bye: Wellington, Pyongyang

Semi Finals
Toronto v PNL, Canada
Campinas v Mexico City, Brazil

7th Beijing
8th Tokyo

Well done to my Reserves making the final 4! Particularly with so many out.

PowerBug

lowest score out of the 8. :-\ Good thin g i have the double chance. :-\ Missing Swanny, may have 2nd thoughts on that trade now....

CrowsFan

Bugger lost the reserves match, lucky I get the second chance :)

In regards to the name of the medal how about the Andrew McLeod Medal, or Gary Ayres Medal? They are the only people to have won more than 1 Norm Smith. I reckon the McLeod one though since he did his in 2 consecutive finals :)

ossie85

CrowsFan

Yeah that could work :)
See what others prefer though...

meow meow

Moscow Spetsnaz press conference notes and quotes.

Moscow coach meow meow said he was "moderately happy" with the performance this week but still found negatives in the performance. "Bennell could have done better". "The coaching staff will have a word to him to ensure he doesn't put in another performance like that against Mexico".
"The Suns smashed us on our home turf so we're not going to get ahead of ourselves. We'll enjoy the win, but move on to preparing for next week quite quickly".

Shaun Higgins is "a chance" to return next week to replace Adam Treloar who is "likely to be unavailable".

Moscow were happy with Jackson Allen's debut game and talked up their recruiting manager and selection panel. "Not too many clubs would be willing to debut a first gamer in an elimination final, but we at Moscow back in our judgement and are more than happy to show off the young talent, and have confidence that they'll perform in any situation".

Will Hoskin-Elliott is pushing hard for selection after booting 5 goals this week, scoring an impressive 122, and likely to have secured Mid/Fwd status for 2013 in the process.

When asked about the form of the team the coach said "we lost our first four games and were on the bottom of the ladder, but we're peaking at the right end of the season, so we're happy with that".

PowerBug

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 12, 2012, 09:20:10 PM
In regards to the name of the medal how about the Andrew McLeod Medal, or Gary Ayres Medal? They are the only people to have won more than 1 Norm Smith. I reckon the McLeod one though since he did his in 2 consecutive finals :)
...and that he's a former crow, but we won't mention that one hey? ;)

that idea sounds good enough for me. :)

CrowsFan

Quote from: PowerBug on August 12, 2012, 09:34:04 PM
Ayres did coach the Crows too ;)

My Chumps

Quote from: ossie85 on August 12, 2012, 08:49:54 PM

Mexico City Suns (19.14.128) lost to Cape Town Cobras (22.16.148)

Best
Mexico City: J Bartel, J Lewis, Brad Ebert
Cape Town: T Cotchin, JP Kennedy, J Watson, R O'Keefe, J Grimes

Late Changes
Mexico City: Nil
Cape Town: Nil

CAPE TOWN ADVANCES TO A PRELIMINARY FINAL
MEXICO CITY ADVANCES TO A SEMI FINAL
TRENT COTCHIN WINS A FINALS CHAMPION MEDAL
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh~!  :D  ;D

Really didn't expect this after Friday night. Have been absent for the weekend, but this is fantastic to come back to see! Great work from the boys!

Quote from: Maca24 on August 12, 2012, 08:56:09 PM
Chumps your midfield is insane!
I know  :D
I need it though as my other lines leave a lot to be desired  :P

ossie85

Well done MC!

Seems strange we won't see a Sao Paulo v Mexico City GF.

PowerBug

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 12, 2012, 09:37:54 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 12, 2012, 09:34:04 PM
Ayres did coach the Crows too ;)
Define coach. :P jks he did pretty well for them, the next bloke that took over form him though.....

My Chumps

Quote from: ossie85 on August 12, 2012, 09:49:51 PM

Well done MC!

That it does....

I'm not complaining though  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on August 12, 2012, 09:49:51 PM

Well done MC!

Yeah, though it'll be 3rd time lucky, as i'll take home the Rhythm Cup when it matters. >:D

roo boys!

Great to grab a win! Shame reserves couldn't get up, but the seniors is what it's all about! Bring it on PB ;)