Main Menu

WXV Awards Ceremony

Started by Purple 77, August 06, 2012, 06:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Think I'm going to die now. So tired!!!

Thanks everyone for the support and thanks for attending tonight!

I will eventually, and I mean, EVENTUALLY, send every coach their players results in the Jim Stynes Medal. I will probably PM you and you can decide how to post it in your thread  :)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 10, 2012, 10:42:15 PM
Think I'm going to die now. So tired!!!

Thanks everyone for the support and thanks for attending tonight!

I will eventually, and I mean, EVENTUALLY, send every coach their players results in the Jim Stynes Medal. I will probably PM you and you can decide how to post it in your thread  :)

Amazing work P77.

You've given me a lot to think about for the Islanders Award Ceremony!

Purple 77

Hawka

Aweome stuff!
great work purple enjoyed so much even though im not a head coach

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Hawka on August 10, 2012, 10:45:03 PM
Aweome stuff!
great work purple enjoyed so much even though im not a head coach

We want Grohl!

We want Grohl!

We want Grohl!

Holz

IM going to have to lift my game seriously in the euro awards night. Wasnt expecting anything near that good. Just some shameless self promotion as i know alot of the coaches on here have links to the euro.

It will be running next friday or the monday after that just finalising it. The presentation was great but over in the euro I have used a formula so its not a midfield only award. Should be interesting but perhaps not as classy as this event.

Justin Bieber

Awesome count Purple, was very entertaining with you and Oss gving out the medals and awards!

PowerBug

so much about a late arrival. lol. Reading through i was sure that Swanny was gonna mount a comeback, but it just never happened. :( Two of the best 5 players though, i'll tkae that (Sucks how one decided to have a late night)

CrowsFan

Hey guys sorry went out to dinner and just got back. Great to see Ablett come away with the medal, and well deserved by my captain :)

Congratulations to Wallis once again, plus also congratulations to Waters (and Ablett) for making the WXV team of the year, and also to Porplyzia, Duncan and Devon Smith for making the reserves team. You all battled very hard during the year, but I'm sure they would all agree that they would happily trade in their individual awards for the WXV premiership!

Go Pumas :D

roo boys!

Congrats go to CF and Ablett.

For the Wolves, big night for Captain Pendles, finishing 2nd in the Jim Stynes medal and also getting into the Team of the Year, despite missing 5 weeks (4 matches) with a fractured tibia.

ossie85

Votes for the All-Worlds Team

D: B Deledio (9), B Goddard (3), B Waters (6), H Shaw (7)

M: G Ablett jnr (29), J Watson (16), D Swan (20), S Pendlebury (21)

F: L Franklin (15), D Beams (12), M Pavlich (10), P Dangerfield (8)

R: I Maric (11)

I: J Selwood (16), H Scotland (4)

meow meow

Top stuff Purple.

Not really shocked at Gazza winning it. Not really shocked at Wallis winning the rising star either. Both are deserving winners, so well done to the Pumas and their coach.

As for Moscow, we aren't too worried about having nobody place in the top ten. We like to share the load, and we had 7 different players who were awarded a best on ground which backs up our claim.

CrowsFan

Thanks meow. Good luck in your finals campaign, I hope to meet you at some point to try and get revenge ;)

ossie85

How about the equivalent of the Coleman Medal - most points scored in a year? What should it be called?

Anyways, the winner is:

GARY ABLETT!

Except, no. It really isn't! Ablett wasn't even top 2. Of course, he missed 2 games, but still....

1. Jobe Watson (Cape Town) - 2,101 points
2. Josh P Kennedy (Cape Town) - 2,034 points
3. Gary Ablett jnr (Sao Paulo) - 2,019 points
4. Brett Deledio (Seoul) - 1,983 points
5. Joel Selwood (Cape Town) - 1,961 points

CrowsFan

I would say the Jono Brown Medal since he has scored the most points in a single game of AFL but he is still playing so maybe not.
Amazing that Cape Town has 3 of the top 5!! :o
Also amazing Ablett just 82 points off first place despite missing 2 games!!