Main Menu

WXV Awards Ceremony

Started by Purple 77, August 06, 2012, 06:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

What a success this year has been! With the inaugural premiership final on its way, it is time for the 2012 World XV Awards ceremony!

The event will be held on this FRIDAY NIGHT that will begin at 7:30pm AET

The main award for the night is the Jim Stynes Medal, awarded to the player that has received the most votes in their respective games. The voting system comprises of 3 votes being awarded to the highest scorer of a particular game, 2 votes for the second highest scorer and 1 vote for the third highest scorer. In the event that two players have scored the same amount of points and have both achieved scores within the highest three scores of that game, those players will not receive the same amount of votes instead they will be awarded a different total of votes using the "RANDOM" function of an excel spreadsheet.

For example, Israel Folau and Gary Ablett have scored the second highest total of the round with 140 each. The excel spreadsheet system has then randomly given Folau 2 votes and Ablett 1 vote.

The data for the Jim Stynes Medal has been provided by ossie85 and I have used those results to make roundly totals and rankings for each player that has received votes, just like the Brownlow medal. I then made the results presentable and pretty  :P.

The Jim Stynes medal will be presented round-by-round by myself from printscreen images of my spreadsheet, so I am hoping everyone's computers will be able to load the numerous images. If you want a basic example of what it is going to look like and you want to test your computers' ability to load several images, click on my Berlin Brewers thread and look at the Best and Fairest count (the Jim Stynes Medal presentation is more boss, trust me  8)). One post will display one round's worth of votes so it gives people the opportunity to comment on them before the next round is posted.

Please note:

It may take up to 5 minutes for the next round to be posted, as I will be uploading the images to tinypic.com as we go.

There is bound to be an error in my Jim Stynes Medal presentation somewhere, such as a player being displayed as coming from another team, or a figure for a player may be wrong for one particular game, so if you see one, let everyone know and I apologise for it, but as many excel users may know, VLOOKUP and other functions are prone to a few errors.

The players' ranking for a particular round for the FIRST 15 ROUNDS are worked out after the whole rounds' votes have been added up. Meaning that say, after round 8, Israel Folau is ranked fifth in the third game of the round, but after the remainder of the rounds' votes have been tallied, his rank is ninth. For the FIRST 15 ROUNDS, it will display his ninth ranking, instead of his fifth ranking.

Other Awards will be presented after rounds 5, 10 and 15 of the Jim Stynes Medal and they will be presented by ossie85.

Congratulations to Gary Ablett jnr for winning the inaugural Jim Stynes Medal!!!

c4v3m4n

Awesome work P77 and ossie! Should be a cracking night! ;D

ossie85

Purple 77

*gasp*

Have just finished entering all the results and I now know who has won the Jim Stynes Medal  :o

All I need to do now is insert 50 ka-gillion pictures, then printscreen and resize the pictures, then Im done!!!!

This is gonna be a boss presentation  8)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 07, 2012, 09:58:37 PM
*gasp*

Have just finished entering all the results and I now know who has won the Jim Stynes Medal  :o

All I need to do now is insert 50 ka-gillion pictures, then printscreen and resize the pictures, then Im done!!!!

Let me guess...

...each week Islanders' Chris Judd gets 3 votes and wins the medal. ;D

elephants

Haha well I'm not a worlds Coach but I'll definitely be dropping in on Friday! Should all be very exciting :)

Great work to all involved :)

Torpedo10

Quote from: elephants on August 07, 2012, 11:03:20 PM
Haha well I'm not a worlds Coach but I'll definitely be dropping in on Friday! Should all be very exciting :)

Great work to all involved :)
I'm an assistant which makes it more exciting.  ;D

CrowsFan

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 07, 2012, 10:45:10 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on August 07, 2012, 09:58:37 PM
*gasp*

Let me guess...

...each week Islanders' Chris Judd gets 3 votes and wins the medal. ;D
Ablett has been my top scorer in 8 of the 17 rounds. Not sure how he goes against my opposition each week, but that's still pretty impressive!! :D

PowerBug

Will suspended players be ineligible like in AFL??

ossie85

Quote from: PowerBug on August 07, 2012, 11:48:03 PM

Nah, the Worlds players are fair and never get suspended. Part of the spirit of the game!

If you guys like, could give "invites" to players who have a chance like the AFL. For instance, all players who have over 6 votes...

FisherSaints

ossie85

Wondering Purple if you should send a message to the coaches reminding them of this?

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on August 08, 2012, 07:36:08 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 07, 2012, 11:48:03 PM

Nah, the Worlds players are fair and never get suspended. Part of the spirit of the game!

If you guys like, could give "invites" to players who have a chance like the AFL. For instance, all players who have over 6 votes...

looks like im having of 1 (ward) than. My only other players who did well were defenders and as their is no weighting system they are gone.

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on August 08, 2012, 05:35:00 PM

Wondering Purple if you should send a message to the coaches reminding them of this?

Hmm. Good idea

My Chumps

Any limit on how many players we can invite?  :)