Main Menu

The 2nd Annual m0nty Medal

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2012, 05:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

EDIT: Sorry guys, change of plans - the count will be on NEXT MONDAY the 20th of August

Who will take home the m0nty?

Just as the Brownlow medal was named after a great administrator, so is the elxam league's medal for most dominant coach. I am, of course, referring to the 'm0nty' medal.

Come join us MONDAY night 13th August from 7:30pm (AEST), where we start LIVE the countdown to see which one of fanfooty's esteemed coaches can take away the m0nty medal for both Dream Team and SuperCoach. A Red Carpet will begin at 7pm, where we can see our coaches arrive with their partners, and the FRONT BAR will be specially opened serving all sorts of beverages and shenanigans.

Each week, votes will be given to the most dominant coaches of the week*. How do we define dominant? Well, this is a League competition, as well as an individual competition. So to say that the highest scorer is automatically the best of the round isn't always the case when fighting valiantly for the finals. So to be the most "dominant" not only is your score taken into account, but how much you beat your opponents by. I won't give away the exact scoring system, as I believe knowing how the system works takes away some of the suspense of the count. Just to say I hope you trust me that the count is UNBIAS and CONSISTENTLY applied. Though due to a change in the league format from 2011, the system has changed slightly.

Last year MTTY was the SC medallist, while browny_wce and GoldDigger tied for the DT.

*If there are 3 matches in a round, votes will be given on a 4-3-2-1 basis. 4 matches on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis. 2 matches a 3-2-1 basis. 1 match a 2-1 basis.... Why? Cos it seems the fairest way.

80 Coaches participated in the League this year:

ajjewell
ando_10
Barlow 21
benjy251090
BGK
bomberboy0618
Boomz
BoredSaint
BratPack
bundyboy
bunyip
c4v3m4n
CFC 1979
Chopps
chrisuzz
Cicjose
Colliwobblers
Cookie Monster
cortez
CrowsFan
Cruiseon
DazBurg
diddley
dmac07
Dudge
elephants
ELLsendon
enzedder
fever
Flame
Fletch74
GoldDigger
Grazz
hawk_88
Hawka
Hellopplz
Holzman
j959
Junktimer
korza
LaHug
Luigi197
luvfooty
m0nty
Maca24
MajorLazer
Marcz
Master Q
McRooster
Miss Pies
MTTY
My Chumps
Nails
naste
nathan11
nostradamus
ossie85
PowerBug
Purple 77
pyronerd
reesbr
Ringo
RobsOverAchieverss
roo boys!
Samm79
Shaggy
Spite
SydneyRox
tabs
tferrier18
thatguy
thornz23
TMurphBROWNLOW
Torpedo10
valkorum
Wes Mantooth
whatlez
Windigo
yorgis
Ziplock

2011 As It Happened

The 2011 Count

The 2011 Red Carpet

The 2011 Bar

The 2011 Bookies

The 2011 Afterparty

The 2011 Invite

c4v3m4n

Oh, hell yes! ;D ;D

The m0nty Medal Afterparty hosted by yours truly, c4v3m4n will be back for another year and I guarantee you all, it will be a night you will never ever forget. Just ask BoredSaint or PowerBug...

All will be revealed Monday night. ;)

But a hint...

...Francesco Schettino will be there. :P

Boomz

Polled alright last year... Hopefully my first half of the season gets me some votes :) I'll probably miss most of the night though :(

Justin Bieber

I'm close to favourite if both combined :P

Cicjose

i have to be favourite for dud coach of year!

valkorum

Ringo

Might have to catch up on delay.  The wife is having surgery that day so may be not on all the time.  Got to get priorities right.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 06, 2012, 06:09:10 PM
Oh, hell yes! ;D ;D

The m0nty Medal Afterparty hosted by yours truly, c4v3m4n will be back for another year and I guarantee you all, it will be a night you will never ever forget. Just ask BoredSaint or PowerBug...

All will be revealed Monday night. ;)

But a hint...

...Francesco Schettino will be there. :P
Last year's red carpet/afterparty was off the hook ;). Will see if I can get Monday night free again to join in :).

Shaggy

I'm like Carlton... Started pretty decently but then went to shower haha

ossie85

Quote from: Ringo on August 06, 2012, 06:37:31 PM
Might have to catch up on delay.  The wife is having surgery that day so may be not on all the time.  Got to get priorities right.

Hope is nothing too serious Ringo

MTTY

I think i had a bit of a hangover  :D

Ringo

Quote from: ossie85 on August 06, 2012, 07:39:20 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 06, 2012, 06:37:31 PM

Hope is nothing too serious Ringo
Not real serious  but will be inconvenienced for 2 days.

Hawka

Cant wait!!
last year had to watch on phone :(
but will have the Lappy this year!

PowerBug

Ahhh. last year's bookie run was hilarious! ;D Plus all the red carpet stuff too. :)

Will i be up to scam you all again?? Probably not, i don't think i'll be online this time. :( Let someone else have a go. :D

Ziplock

Ziplock for the surprise late charge ;)