Main Menu

NBA Fantasy 2012/13

Started by Jake8, August 05, 2012, 09:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on September 20, 2012, 01:41:50 PM
I'm waiting on opinions for an exact draft day and time. I'm thinking on the weekend sometime next week after the grand final?  ???

works for me.

Jay

Quote from: Holzman on September 21, 2012, 07:13:54 AM
Quote from: Windigo on September 20, 2012, 01:41:50 PM
I'm waiting on opinions for an exact draft day and time. I'm thinking on the weekend sometime next week after the grand final?  ???

works for me.
+1

Spinking

DazBurg

wait when you say after the grand final
i hope u mean the next day sometime?

Windigo

Quote from: DazBurg on September 22, 2012, 09:02:59 AM
wait when you say after the grand final
i hope u mean the next day sometime?

Yeah, the next day.  ;)

Jay

Only problem is. I'm sure a lot of us will be extremely hungover the day after the Granny. Lol

Windigo

Quote from: Jayman on September 22, 2012, 10:13:49 AM
Only problem is. I'm sure a lot of us will be extremely hungover the day after the Granny. Lol

I'll use this to my advantage!

Hopefully someone fluffs their draft pick  like picking Kwame or someone.  :P

HEAVER!

hows about next sunday night 10pm? we should've recovered by then...

HEAVER!

pls any thoughts on my injury reserve (IR) slot? means if our player is considered 'out' (ie last year guys like DRose, ZRandolph, Al Horford were 'out' during season), then we can place him on the IR slot and pick someone else from the waiver. avoids us copping donuts for rest of season.

DazBurg

this...lol

BratPack

Quote from: DazBurg on September 23, 2012, 02:41:17 PM
this...lol

It is physically impossible to be hungover the next day when you're still drunk from the night before  :P

Windigo

Quote from: HEAVER! on September 22, 2012, 11:46:28 PM
pls any thoughts on my injury reserve (IR) slot? means if our player is considered 'out' (ie last year guys like DRose, ZRandolph, Al Horford were 'out' during season), then we can place him on the IR slot and pick someone else from the waiver. avoids us copping donuts for rest of season.

I've implemented it. Do you think we should have more than one?  ???

Windigo

Also, should we have  limits on picking players in specific slot like PG, SG etc on the roster. 

Currently on unlimited.

Should it be 5 starter scoring players as in C,PG,SG,SF & PF. Like in normal 5-5 basketball

Or 5 scoring players in their positions + utility players.

Current setting is this:

Current Roster Size: 8

Total Starters: 5

Total On Bench: 3 (1 IR)
Roster Preview
PG   Point Guard
SG   Shooting Guard
SF   Small Forward
PF   Power Forward
C   Center
BE   Bench
BE   Bench
BE   Bench
IR   Injured Reserve

Moving onto Draft settings:

Do we want draft pick trading?

?

What time do we want the draft?

We have got until October 12 to set a draft date. I think we just scratch next weekend because of the Grand final.

Do it the following week 6.00 pm onwards or something.  ???

HEAVER!

Just confirming that roster size is only 8? Most bball fantasy teams are at least 10. That means we will only draft for 8 rds? Makes it a pretty shallow league.

And is the draft time set to AUS time or US time? I have a feeling that it's US because we r trying to figure a draft time in my other espn league and daylight savings in October complicates the time difference....

HEAVER!

and just to clarify after having a closer look...starters mean that they will "score" for you each week. In other leagues, we have at least 10 starters (PG, SG, SF, PF, C, G, F, x3 UTIL). It's a bit more fun with more starters and evens out the competition.

Bench players are non-scoring for the week.

So I propose 12 on the roster:
starters (x10) = PG, SG, SF, PF, C, G, F, x3 UTIL
bench = x2 (non-scoring)
IR slot - if you want to activate

I don't mind trading draft picks = but my no.1 pick is not for sale :)