Main Menu

NBA Fantasy 2012/13

Started by Jake8, August 05, 2012, 09:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HEAVER!

Hi guys

i've signed up as HEAVER! to take the last spot? it's my 3rd yr playing fantasy NBA and glad to join some fellow Aussies.

we can always figure out the draft time later. Plus you can work out your pre-draft lists so that even if you can't make it, the draft will be according to your personalised list.

HEAVER!

Sorry I was in the old league. I'll like to join pls...and get that first pick ;D

Windigo

We have a full league now of 14 players.  :)

If any more want to join you can, but you will get the later picks, 15, 16 etc.

Draft Order:

1: HEAVER!
2: Jayman
3: Spinking
4: Dazburg
5: Batt
6: Windigo
7: Jake8
8: Holzman
9: KoopKicka
10: That Guy
11: Chelskiman
12: Monstrum
13: T_Roy
14: Lids Kabib

HEAVER!

Hi guys

Thx for inviting me â€" I’ve joined up now. Very happy with 1st pick ;D

This is my 3rd yr involved in NBA fantasy on the ESPN site using the ‘H2H points' system. Just a few comments on the current league settings from past experience:

A. Scoring system â€" the scoring system has a huge impact on who you should draft. (Fantasy points = fpts)

1. Free Throw Attempted (-1fpt): this will punish those players that drive hard to the rack & get fouled for a trip to the free throw line (LeBron, Durant, KMartin, or hacking Dwight). Under our scoring system, a free throw made will score 2 fpts (2fpt for a point, 1fpt for FTMade, -1fpt FTA); and free throw missed will be -2fpts (FTMiss -1, FTA -1). Could FTA be deleted altogether?

2. Team Win: this means if the team wins the game, ur player gets automatic 10fpts. It will award the 10th guy on the bench who plays in junktime. I think maybe just 1fpt? If 10fpts I would consider avoiding all Bobcats

3. 3pt made = 10fpts (+6 for points, +1 FGM, +3 3PTMade ); 3pt missed = -2fpts (-1 FGMiss, -1 3PTMiss). A normal dunk would get 5fpts in comparison (+4 for points, +1FGM). In summary, under current system FTM = 2fpts, 3PTM = 10fpts, FGM = 5fpts.

Suggestion: FTM = 3fpts or 6fpts for hitting both free-throws (delete FTA), 3PTM = 8fpts (reduce 3PTM = 1fpt), normal FG (ie dunk, jump shot) = 5fpts (no change)

B. Divisions: East has 8 teams; West has 6 teams

Suggestion: can it be 7 vs 7?

C. Week-to Week Lineup Changes: just want to confirm that it’s a ‘set and forget’ style of play. You setup which 10 players count for scoring for that week â€" and there will be 3 bench players that will sit out and not accrue any points for that week. I’m more used to ‘daily lineup’ changes â€" but that is much more involved.

D. Playoffs: only 4 teams go through into the playoffs and each playoff round goes for 2 weeks? So you have to make top 4/14 teams.

Suggestion: top 3 teams from each division go through, with the top 2 overall getting a ‘bye’ in the first playoff round? Otherwise there’s no incentive to achieve top of the ladder. Each playoff round goes for 1 week?

E: Draft clock: 14 teams x 13 players x 2mins = draft day will take 364mins max or 6hrs.

Suggestion: 90sec clock â€" for comparison, in my first year we had a 20team league, and draft took 2.5hrs w a 60sec clock.

I’m not available Sat morning â€" will be lining up for my seat for the AFL grand final. But happy to go with majority. I’ll just have my pre-set list ready.

batt

*Whistles around*

Any updates?  Not sure if 9am Saturday is intended or not.

Also everything Heaver has said sounds good. 8)

Windigo

Quote from: batt on September 08, 2012, 06:17:29 PM
*Whistles around*

Any updates?  Not sure if 9am Saturday is intended or not.

Also everything Heaver has said sounds good. 8)

I can change the date/time to when it suits. But no real rush yet.

Changed it so there is 7 sides to each conference.

Jake8

What day and time is the draft?

Windigo

Quote from: Jake8 on September 08, 2012, 08:54:05 PM
What day and time is the draft?

Haven't really decided. No one has really indicated WHEN they want it.

I've made all the changes heaver has said and the top 8 go into the play offs. With no byes.

Or the top 7 go through with the number one team getting the bye.

HEAVER!

so are we sticking with weekly lineups changes? that means we set our 10 players on Sunday night and they can't be changed for that matchup ('set and forget'). i'm not particularly fussed...and daily lineup changes can require higher level of commitment.

any thoughts on the injury reserve (IR spot) idea? i think it'll removes some of the risk with losing out on injuries. i'd hate to think there's 'no way out' if our first pick goes down for the season. at least with an IR spot, you can pick someone on the waiver wire...better than nothing and copping donuts.

Windigo

Quote from: HEAVER! on September 09, 2012, 02:15:41 AM
so are we sticking with weekly lineups changes? that means we set our 10 players on Sunday night and they can't be changed for that matchup ('set and forget'). i'm not particularly fussed...and daily lineup changes can require higher level of commitment.

any thoughts on the injury reserve (IR spot) idea? i think it'll removes some of the risk with losing out on injuries. i'd hate to think there's 'no way out' if our first pick goes down for the season. at least with an IR spot, you can pick someone on the waiver wire...better than nothing and copping donuts.

I think sticking with weekly line up changes is easier for most of us seeing as it's kind of like AFL DT.

HEAVER!

i got no problems with that 'set and forget' approach.

Just be aware that there will be some weeks that NBA teams play 3 games/wk; while others in that same week may play 5 times.

so the schedule of games plays a part in the strategy - and who you field for the weekly matchup week is really important. ie say in week XXX, would you rather field Lebron who plays 3 games vs say a mid-tier player who plays 5 times?

Plus there'll be 3 bench spots that you won't field that won't score any points - ie like the DT benches. Unlike DT/SC, there are no emergencies! So you'll hate for a player to go down with an injury early in the matchup week! So moreso I think we need an Injury Reserve spot.

Jay

hey guys. Me and Holz were wondering if anyone be interested in doing a 'ALL-TIME NBA DRAFT'. A lot like this one in Feb. 2011: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,26980.0.html

need roughly 6 people to get it going...anyone who would like to assist organising it would be greatly appreciated also.

Thank you

Shaggy

Yeah... I won that draft. I win every fantasy draft I partake in.

Thus, I shall be in.

HEAVER!

Our draft is set for fri 28th which I think may be next sat? Should we delay the live draft until we work out when everyone is free to be online?

Windigo

I'm waiting on opinions for an exact draft day and time. I'm thinking on the weekend sometime next week after the grand final?  ???