Is Pavlich In Trouble?

Started by Windigo, August 04, 2012, 07:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Says on the live scoring he struck Brown in the head?  ???

jamesalex

Likely to be cited by the MRP according to  fanfooty live scoring.

Nails

Quote from: jamesalex on August 04, 2012, 07:55:32 PM
Likely to be cited by the MRP according to  fanfooty live scoring.

I'm sorry mate, but massive facepalm at your contribution.

About as useful as mine, but did you even read what Windigo said?

upthemaidens

Quote from: Windigo on August 04, 2012, 07:21:11 PM
Says on the live scoring he struck Brown in the head?  ???
didnt see it,but the commentators seem to think he'll get weeks

Ricochet

looked like it was more acting than actual force to the head.

ossie85

Bad luck for Pav, would love to see him win a Coleman

Nails

Quote from: ossie85 on August 04, 2012, 08:21:54 PM

Bad luck for Pav, would love to see him win a Coleman

32 goals over last 6 weeks...

If he doesn't get weeks he's a pretty good shot @ the Coleman. Put some $ on him. On 55 goals now.

Adamant

Hopefully not, would love it if Pav could win the coleman.

DT87

Didn't look too hard to me, but if the force is deemed enough it will probably be considered reckless or intentional and high contact, so I'd guess he'll get about 2 weeks.

Fireballz

Quote from: DT87 on August 04, 2012, 11:23:11 PM
Didn't look too hard to me, but if the force is deemed enough it will probably be considered reckless or intentional and high contact, so I'd guess he'll get about 2 weeks.
Definitely low impact and a good record. Even if they deem the force is enough to constitute a report then he could get off with a reprimand anyway. Barely touched him but who knows with the MRP these days!

ossie85

They should give him a freebie after Judd didn't get suspended for elbowing him in the face

DT-SC

he should be fine, you never know with the dodge MRP though

Windigo

Quote from: DT-SC on August 05, 2012, 10:50:43 AM
he should be fine, you never know with the dodge MRP though

Very true.  :P

unceramonius

Anyone notice how biased the commentators are though? take the cats game as one example. Last week, its ooooooooh thompson will be ok, he had zero chance and braced himself.  Over and over we were told.  Are we supposed to forget these same commentators said McDonald would be in trouble week one for the same thing. He got two.

The Judd incident, was completely missed by the commentary team, they didnt even replay it. Then mock Adams the following week, saying oooh gee wizz, its strange a guy gets 4 weeks when the guy he supposively hurt is playing. WHAT?

Friday night, Guerra sticks out the dirty elbow and hits Chapman but the commentary team brushes it off. He then stupidly goes for podsy as well, not even attacking the footy. Then shiel, swings back with a nice dirty elbow that connects. The commentary response?...oh im surprised at christinsons response. Are you kidding me???

Now we all know the eagles are the protected species of the afl world. Hence no mention of cox hitting a guy in the head yesterday. Instead its pav, who should get weeks for a flail of the arm? Please.  If Darren Glass doesnt even get citied for his head high shoulder ram in the dying deaths of the game at the gabba...how is this a report?

Ask yourself a question.....if it was Beau Waters would the commentators say the same thing? 

NO

fidou

Didn't seem to be much in it. However he did make contact to the head which may be considered reckless. I'd say it would be 50/50 but at the most 1 week. Not sure if Pav has any carry over points and if he doesn't he should only get a reprimand.

It would be nice if he gets 1 week my opponent in the first final has him.