Main Menu

Man v Food

Started by LF, July 30, 2012, 11:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Anyone else ever watched this show?
Some amazing looking food especially the wide variety of ribs.
But omg there is some food that is utterly ridiculous snd they say Aussies are overweight.

Tominator

first thing I thought of when I saw this.....

Randy Marsh - Creme Fraiche - South Park

Bloody love that show hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7oDTJUbLV8

Jukes

I love this show, which is a lot considering I'm not really a foodie. Adam is a great guy and is funny (most of the time) and can take any food. Just wish he'd go intercontinental and try some real chilli/curry in Mexico and India, see how he likes that.

McRooster

I have watched this show twice and both times I felt my arteries harden  :P

valkorum

Quote from: Jukes on July 31, 2012, 12:41:00 AM
I love this show, which is a lot considering I'm not really a foodie. Adam is a great guy and is funny (most of the time) and can take any food. Just wish he'd go intercontinental and try some real chilli/curry in Mexico and India, see how he likes that.

Watch some of his chilli challenges.  They are pretty insane, I can only recall 1 chilli challenge he hasnt completed

Jukes

Quote from: valkorum on July 31, 2012, 01:07:38 PM
Quote from: Jukes on July 31, 2012, 12:41:00 AM

Watch some of his chilli challenges.  They are pretty insane, I can only recall 1 chilli challenge he hasnt completed

I have, they don't look as insane as those people who go to Mexico and eat ghost chillis and stuff or to India and have mega curries.

Cicjose

if you think thats hard to swallow try epic meal time

BratPack

Quote from: luvfooty on July 30, 2012, 11:58:25 PM
But omg there is some food that is utterly ridiculous snd they say Aussies are overweight.

I used to watch it when it was on 7Mate. Haven't seen it since though

Windigo

Quote from: BratPack on July 31, 2012, 01:29:33 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on July 30, 2012, 11:58:25 PM

I used to watch it when it was on 7Mate. Haven't seen it since though

Me either.  :(

RiOtChEsS

my wife flowering loves this show, rekn ive seen everyone, sportsbet should be offering $1.01 for a heartattack on Adam Richmond ;D

Zombie2.5

Hah this show was pretty awesome, but I've only watched it like once plus a few mins of it flickering through channels. Haven't seen it around for a while though  ???

RiOtChEsS

channel 646 for the privy

Grazz

Yeh was a good show, haven't seen it for awhile but gave me a laugh.
My brother and i grew up in Singapore and quiet often on the way home from school
we would be invited into food stalls, friends homes to eat for free if we could eat it.
Over time as we became more known this became a regular thing.
Some of the curries would kill us now, so hot but they would bring the food to us
and then the whole family/staff would sit around us and laugh and chat away as
we ate. Happy to say we never not ate anything always finished the meal much
to mums despair as often we wouldn't want the Dinner she had made.
It is possible to get used to eating hot stuff to the point it doesn't bother you
that much but you never got used of it when it came to going to the toilet.
Many times my brother and i would be dabbing wet towels on are backsides
looking for any kind of relief. Still love a good hot curry and a friend who owns Shankers Restaurant
here in SA always looks after me with a Shankar Hot Vindaloo, not like Singapore but its about all
i can handle these days.

McRooster

Quote from: Grazz on August 10, 2012, 05:57:25 PM
Shankers Restaurant
Shankers  8) - haven't been since it moved to Prospect Rd, do you know if it's still the same owners Grazz ? When it was three doors down from Shangai Palace (my favorite) on Main North Rd, it was a matter of hmmmmm, what do we feel like tonight ..yum.
Try Temptations on Main North rd at Blair Athol, I met Guy Sebastian and Stormy Summers there  ;) gotta trust and love an Indian restaurant that has about 6 taxis lining up outside at 3am, those guys looooove their curry  :-*

*as for Man v Food, the Boston Buffalo wings episode was inspirational.

Grazz

Quote from: McRooster on August 10, 2012, 09:43:50 PM
Quote from: Grazz on August 10, 2012, 05:57:25 PM
Shankers Restaurant
Shankers  8) - haven't been since it moved to Prospect Rd, do you know if it's still the same owners Grazz ? When it was three doors down from Shangai Palace (my favorite) on Main North Rd, it was a matter of hmmmmm, what do we feel like tonight ..yum.
Try Temptations on Main North rd at Blair Athol, I met Guy Sebastian and Stormy Summers there  ;) gotta trust and love an Indian restaurant that has about 6 taxis lining up outside at 3am, those guys looooove their curry  :-*

*as for Man v Food, the Boston Buffalo wings episode was inspirational.

Yeh been there mate, ;ike it. Yeh Shanker is still the owner and his kids are still involved. Compared to the restaurant on Main Nth Rd this place is an absolute palace very nice. While they were painting it i was going to his house and getting my curries haha.
Living in that street would of been very hard, as soon as i got out of the car i could smell it.