Main Menu

Brownlow.. and the winner is!

Started by dmac07, July 30, 2012, 11:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

The coaches gave Lids full votes and Cotchin/Tuck shared 7 each. So yeah that one or two votes could be costly...

upthemaidens

Quote from: dmac07 on August 30, 2012, 11:48:41 AM
A couple of good club leading vote getters I think could be Griffen at WB (have him level with Boyd), Deledio (even though I have him 1 vote behind cotchin) and Redden at BL, along with Jack at Sydney to outscore Kennedy.

If he can get some votes against the Bombers this week Dane Swan looking good for a top 3 vote, or might even take the $17 odd you can get about him to win before this week as I don't think Watson will get votes in that game.

I can't remember if I gave Ablett a vote or not on the weekend without looking at my spreadsheet, I was tossing up whether to give him the 1 vote or not.
yep i agree with some of them,,IF the odds are good enough.. thinking Jack could be a roughie to beat Kennedy,, will be wanting around $5 or so to be tempted..
  im hoping Deledio is over $3 for tigers(considering its only a two horse race)..
   I dont agree with the Boyd call though, pretty sure he has that one in the bag, but we have a different count on Boyd..
Also i think Redden will be favourite for lions,  guess it will be Rocky and Black who are the other real chances.
And yes Swan for top 3, looks good..will depend what happens this round though for me.. the thing with place bets is if its a log jam of players on the same votes, you only get a part of the dividend back..

dmac07

Final votes are up with a three way tie!

Usman

dmac07

Quote from: Usman on September 03, 2012, 09:35:22 PM
how do you get your votes?

I come up with the votes myself so they are by no means fool proof and I could well be a mile out. I get them from watching a lot of the games, but also rely on reports from others and the media. I have a brief look at the stats, the influence on the game, also the type of players (ie a key forward needs a more dominant game to garner votes). I take into consideration the players history of voting too, I call this the 'Judd Factor'.

Usman

Sounds good enough to me  ;D be careful with the 'Judd' factor on players. Players get votes for a reason not their name, despite common perception.

dmac07

It's usually only if I have a 50/50 call I go to this rule. Such as I can't split Judd and Dennis armfield  for third best on ground, I give the benefit of the doubt to jud

Usman

Quote from: dmac07 on September 04, 2012, 09:48:50 AM
It's usually only if I have a 50/50 call I go to this rule. Such as I can't split Judd and Dennis armfield  for third best on ground, I give the benefit of the doubt to jud

Oh ok. That's definitely fair enough then. I do that from time to time aswell.

Ricochet

i did something similar to see who i thought would win it.
had Thommo just edging out Swan, Watson and Ablett

Cicjose

There is NO way that Dangerfield will win the brownlow

dmac07

Quote from: Cicjose on September 04, 2012, 01:15:17 PM

He may not, I think he will finish the year with a flourish of votes whereas Swan, Thompson, Watson, thompson, wont get huge vote over the last 4-5 rounds.

Adelaide won a lot of games and other than Thompson not a lot of players that will steal votes.

BB67th

In the end for my count I had Gary Ablett win with 30 votes ahead of Jobe Watson (28) and Scott Thompson (26). Full leader board and votes tables are on my blog if you want to check them out.

tbagrocks

any logical reason why not? I would say he's got a vote in every game since the bye

Uncle

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 04, 2012, 11:13:25 PM
any logical reason why not? I would say he's got a vote in every game since the bye

My logical answer is that he has not polled enough votes... every game after the bye? good luck with that one... each to their own

upthemaidens

Quote from: Uncle on September 05, 2012, 12:49:11 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 04, 2012, 11:13:25 PM

My logical answer is that he has not polled enough votes... every game after the bye? good luck with that one... each to their own
Well he is sure to be in the top 10,, so to say he can NOT win the brownlow is abit of a stupid comment.