Main Menu

Brownlow.. and the winner is!

Started by dmac07, July 30, 2012, 11:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmac07

Quote from: upthemaidens on August 13, 2012, 01:44:50 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 13, 2012, 11:28:49 AM
No Matthew Boyd anywhere!? He'll finish top 10, the umps love him.
i think he must of just forgot to add Boyd,, theres no way he doesnt have atleast 10 votes,, i have him on 17

I actually have Boyd on 9 votes. With bulldogs struggling I have the team on just 25 votes total, ahead of only port and gws. With griffin and Boyd and having 9 each.

Tyes

Quote from: dmac07 on August 14, 2012, 09:57:45 AM
Quote from: Tyes on August 13, 2012, 11:13:36 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on August 13, 2012, 02:37:02 AM
I recon come that monday night that...

JPK, Cotchen and Dangerman are in the top 5

+1

With Watson and Swan to fill it up.

No ablett, Thompson, pendlebury?

Pendlebury has missed too much footy I think, Danger should poll more votes than Thompson in my opinion. I think Cotchin and JPK have played better than Ablett this year. But hey that's just me. He most likely will be in the top 5 :) I just would not be surpirsed at all to see the top 5 as Watson, Cotchin, Swan, JPK, and Danger.

dmac07

Quote from: Tyes on August 14, 2012, 11:08:20 AM

+1

Pendlebury has missed too much footy I think, Danger should poll more votes than Thompson in my opinion. I think Cotchin and JPK have played better than Ablett this year. But hey that's just me. He most likely will be in the top 5 :) I just would not be surpirsed at all to see the top 5 as Watson, Cotchin, Swan, JPK, and Danger.

Yeah Watson has to be the winner right now, swan was his main competition in my mind until his suspension. Danger actually the biggest.. danger to Watson right now I think on current form.

BB67th

Quote from: dmac07 on August 14, 2012, 12:45:27 PM
Quote from: Tyes on August 14, 2012, 11:08:20 AM

+1

Yeah Watson has to be the winner right now, swan was his main competition in my mind until his suspension. Danger actually the biggest.. danger to Watson right now I think on current form.
I have Watson first on 28 votes in my count with Ablett second on 26 and Thompson third on 24. Think these three are the only ones that have a realistic chance to win this year.

dmac07

Updated again with 1 round to go. Unlike last year I dont think their will be a runaway winner this year. I have 6 guys still in contetion with 1 round to go.

Justin Bieber

Did you give ablett votes on the weekend?

Toga

Quote from: PowerBug on August 13, 2012, 11:28:49 AM
No Matthew Boyd anywhere!? He'll finish top 10, the umps love him.

great, hard player, absolutely love him. but i don't reckon he'll poll very well at all this year with the doggies getting thumped week in week out... plus, as good a player and leader as he is, i just don't think he has the disposal efficiency or scoring potential that is needed to poll well in the charlie

BB67th

Hmmm your votes are interesting at this stage dmac. I definitely have given more votes to the top players and your count seems to be heavily clumped together. I think it will end up more spread out this year and we will see the winner have a very high number of votes, similar to last year.

upthemaidens

I have the top few players on 25-26 votes..
  pretty much just waiting for team vote markets to open..
BTW i have Boyd on 18 votes, which may be abit high but he should still outscore griffen(12) for bulldogs

Braddles10

How much does everyone think Dane Swan has been hurt by his suspension? thinking purely betting wise here, hes currently sitting at $4.60 for top 3, and $3.20 for top 5. I'm liking the look of those odds for top 5.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Braddles10 on August 29, 2012, 10:04:13 PM
How much does everyone think Dane Swan has been hurt by his suspension? thinking purely betting wise here, hes currently sitting at $4.60 for top 3, and $3.20 for top 5. I'm liking the look of those odds for top 5.
What bookie did you see that had top 5 betting?

Braddles10

Quote from: upthemaidens on August 30, 2012, 07:07:21 AM
Quote from: Braddles10 on August 29, 2012, 10:04:13 PM
What bookie did you see that had top 5 betting?

Betfair has Winner, Top 3, Top 5 and Round 10 leader.

dmac07

A couple of good club leading vote getters I think could be Griffen at WB (have him level with Boyd), Deledio (even though I have him 1 vote behind cotchin) and Redden at BL, along with Jack at Sydney to outscore Kennedy.

If he can get some votes against the Bombers this week Dane Swan looking good for a top 3 vote, or might even take the $17 odd you can get about him to win before this week as I don't think Watson will get votes in that game.

I can't remember if I gave Ablett a vote or not on the weekend without looking at my spreadsheet, I was tossing up whether to give him the 1 vote or not.

Justin Bieber

The coaches gave him tied second for votes this week, but that's bullshower. He wasn't even in the top 3 for the Gold Coast ::)

But umps will give him 1-2 with Lynch 3.

Also did you give Tuck, Lids ot Cotchin 3 votes for the ame against Essendon?

dmac07

I gave Lynch 3 I know that.

I gave Tuck the 3, Lids 2, Cotch 1. But lids and cotch could be the other way around, was tough to separate the two.