STANTON SWAN TROUBLES WHAT TO DO 3 trades (PIC) final *edit

Started by stonay, July 30, 2012, 10:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonay

heres the scenario; 3 trades 36k in the bank and my team is as follows

stanton GTFO over your rubbish, looking to downgrade milera and offload stanton, which gives me 718k to get ANYONE IN MY MIDS. Thinking going POD with kieran jack or possibly just going for his bombers counterpart....

after these trades will have one left reserved for a MULLET MELTDOWN with coverage in every spot. Thoughts/ opinions welcome :)

With swan now out as well as stanton, do i pull the trigger week one of the finals? i have a 2nd chance in all leagues..... thanks :D

thanks

stonay

also i cant get pushed out of the finals, so i CAN hang on until next week but prefer not let  him lose more money on the trade table......

nas

Quote from: stonay on July 30, 2012, 10:23:16 PM
also i cant get pushed out of the finals, so i CAN hang on until next week but prefer not let  him lose more money on the trade table......

If he is not named this week would be a blessing then as price would remain the same

stonay

Quote from: naste on July 30, 2012, 10:30:31 PM
Quote from: stonay on July 30, 2012, 10:23:16 PM

If he is not named this week would be a blessing then as price would remain the same

very true i have sam gibson as coverage. Im just trying to still find that final upgrade (thought i wouldnt have to but stanton has turned to rubbish :( )

masedog333

great team mate!! stanton's draw is pretty tough from here on in with his easiest game probably being against richmond. i would normally say hold, but i just looked at his recent form and its horrible, and he has a B/E of 136. its a very, very hard one, and i would almost toss a coin for this decision since u dont want 1 trade left with 6 rounds to play. i would lean torwards holding, as he has the potential to belt out 160's, and with all the criticism hes copping, i reckon hes a chance to bounce back. its up to u, but i suggest to hold, and i just wanted to give u a little heads up on his B/E and draw for the rest of the season.

hope this helped :)

dswallow24

Nyn

Its hard not to say 'we told you so' when it comes to Stanton.

aces-high

Bring in Jack he is a superstar and someone i wish i stayed with at the start of the year. He is a great pod too and can easily belt out 150's, with his down scores still being around 100. Watson isnt a bad option either he is a jet too :) if it was a dt thread id say keep him but he is a sc dud, flip a coin out of those 2 i reckon and sleep better knowing u dont have to worry about stants

Ringo

As another POD and if looking to do this week.  Have you considered Murphy at a realtively low price.  You do not have quite enough though to go direct Stanton to Murphy about $39k short.

bowyanger

The issue of losing money is long gone at this time of year...theres still a fair way to go for bragging rights or filling that trophy cupboard

Dont trade unless you absolutely have to

3 trades isnt many at all...I bet you wish you still had 8 trades....imagine how much more compounded that feeling is going to be week 1 of finals with less than 3 trades

Id hold...it started last week with coaches throwing a spanner in the works (Redden, Hale & Jacobs were all named to play). Its only going to get worse from here, especially as players start to get very sore and need a freshen up.

Anything could happen, without trades in reserve your running at a severe disadvantage to deal with these issues

stonay

Quote from: masedog333 on July 31, 2012, 12:47:22 AM
great team mate!! stanton's draw is pretty tough from here on in with his easiest game probably being against richmond. i would normally say hold, but i just looked at his recent form and its horrible, and he has a B/E of 136. its a very, very hard one, and i would almost toss a coin for this decision since u dont want 1 trade left with 6 rounds to play. i would lean torwards holding, as he has the potential to belt out 160's, and with all the criticism hes copping, i reckon hes a chance to bounce back. its up to u, but i suggest to hold, and i just wanted to give u a little heads up on his B/E and draw for the rest of the season.

hope this helped :)
thanks mate! its a tough one! :)
Quote from: Nyn on July 31, 2012, 02:27:45 AM
Its hard not to say 'we told you so' when it comes to Stanton.
at the time i felt he was a slight pod since everyone knew his history i just thought he may become a relevant player :(

Quote from: aces-high on July 31, 2012, 02:40:28 AM
Bring in Jack he is a superstar and someone i wish i stayed with at the start of the year. He is a great pod too and can easily belt out 150's, with his down scores still being around 100. Watson isnt a bad option either he is a jet too :) if it was a dt thread id say keep him but he is a sc dud, flip a coin out of those 2 i reckon and sleep better knowing u dont have to worry about stants

very true its a tough choice im just scared jack may go too hard at the ball and end up possibly getting knocked out... fark! such a tough choice!

Quote from: Ringo on July 31, 2012, 08:43:07 AM
As another POD and if looking to do this week.  Have you considered Murphy at a realtively low price.  You do not have quite enough though to go direct Stanton to Murphy about $39k short.
thought about murphy, just not sure if he can keep pumping, when he started getting the no.1 tag early on he started to flower  bit :/

Quote from: bowyanger on July 31, 2012, 09:31:19 AM
The issue of losing money is long gone at this time of year...theres still a fair way to go for bragging rights or filling that trophy cupboard

Dont trade unless you absolutely have to

3 trades isnt many at all...I bet you wish you still had 8 trades....imagine how much more compounded that feeling is going to be week 1 of finals with less than 3 trades

Id hold...it started last week with coaches throwing a spanner in the works (Redden, Hale & Jacobs were all named to play). Its only going to get worse from here, especially as players start to get very sore and need a freshen up.

Anything could happen, without trades in reserve your running at a severe disadvantage to deal with these issues
thanks for the comments, i know its not much and i admit i have made 1 or 2 stupid trades this year, but all i can see him doing right now is costing me points. Jacks break even is 135ish and i have gibson who can step in and potentially score better than him. Would you suggest i gamble that jack will lose money and that i can get a ton out of gibson this week then look to trade in the finals? i dont want to risk my double chance and not make the trade before round one of the finals either... :/

bowyanger

Weve all made silly trades mate..its a normal occurance, its what makes SC a challenge.

Just hold man...not having any trades and eating donuts is going to cost you a heap more points

Your remaining 3 trades should be for desperate situations & LTI's.

I dont see the double chance in fantasy football an advantage or relevant at all as you still have other leagues to dominate...how is it an advantage? Ive had the double chance a few years and dont rate it...at the very least its not a factor to consider for wasting trades IMO.

Why wouldnt you wait to trade rd 1 of finals? Your guaranteed to play?

But meh.....whatever blows yer hair back

And erm....Id have a look at Sydneys run home before getting any of them ones

CFC 1979

stonay

Quote from: bowyanger on July 31, 2012, 09:10:28 PM
Weve all made silly trades mate..its a normal occurance, its what makes SC a challenge.

Just hold man...not having any trades and eating donuts is going to cost you a heap more points

Your remaining 3 trades should be for desperate situations & LTI's.

I dont see the double chance in fantasy football an advantage or relevant at all as you still have other leagues to dominate...how is it an advantage? Ive had the double chance a few years and dont rate it...at the very least its not a factor to consider for wasting trades IMO.

Why wouldnt you wait to trade rd 1 of finals? Your guaranteed to play?

But meh.....whatever blows yer hair back

And erm....Id have a look at Sydneys run home before getting any of them ones

thanks mate, was just thinking anything can happen in sc and i just dont want to hit round 1 of the finals and have 3 0's or prems being covered by 3 bench players. I was thinking of holding if stanton wasnt played this week so save that trade and just gibson also. I was just thinking about the double chance because ive probably had my most successful year in sc and from previous years i have fallen down in the finals. I do see what you mean though, holding looks like the right decision thanks :)

Quote from: CFC 1979 on July 31, 2012, 09:45:28 PM
rage trade ;D
you are definitely right, i wish i never went with him lol

stonay