Main Menu

Footy Boots

Started by Tominator, July 30, 2012, 04:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Just looking around at the footy boots around the place for some late-season bargains and just thought I would put something out there for the FF Community.... What pair of footy boots do you own?

Feel free to put up a photo or a link too if you like :)

Me personally, I currently have some Puma King's from last season... pretty old and I am in desperate need of a new pair now  ::) Prior to that I've had Adidas Predator's most of my footballing career. Never paid more than $130 but will be paying more on my next pair.

valkorum

I had Puma Kings last year and hated them - one of the worst boots I have ever worn.  I bought a pair of Blades GENIUS IQ 190 for this season and they are awesome.  They are basically a running shoe with some studs.  They are probably more suited for playing touch rugby or something like that but I am very happy with them

http://www.bladesfootball.com.au/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=36&product_id=308

Master Q

I'm always happy with Nike...

Spinking

Mine are buried at the bottom of the wardrobe... I think from memory they are ADIDAS, but could be wrong. About ten years old...

T Dog

Ron Barrassi specials.... :o

Justin Bieber

Been inactive for 2 years... so I have none :P

Tominator

Quote from: valkorum on July 30, 2012, 05:04:49 PM
I had Puma Kings last year and hated them - one of the worst boots I have ever worn.  I bought a pair of Blades GENIUS IQ 190 for this season and they are awesome.  They are basically a running shoe with some studs.  They are probably more suited for playing touch rugby or something like that but I am very happy with them

http://www.bladesfootball.com.au/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=36&product_id=308

Blades ay? They look like runners lol but heard lots of good things about that brand so I am sure they would be good

Yeah the Pumas wear out ridiculously easily...

Quote from: whatlez on July 30, 2012, 06:51:23 PM
Been inactive for 2 years... so I have none :P
why'd you give up Whatto? At your age you should be in your prime haha

Tominator

With my own online shopping, I've actually narrowed it down to two choices... what would you pick?

Adidas adipower Predator (White/Blue/Electricity)

Adidas adipure 11pro (White/Red)

Justin Bieber

Knee Surgery mate. The surgery did not go to plan has stuffed me for about 4 months now :/

(Last year I did nothig about it and took a year off for year 12)

Tominator

Quote from: whatlez on July 30, 2012, 08:38:08 PM
Knee Surgery mate. The surgery did not go to plan has stuffed me for about 4 months now :/

(Last year I did nothing about it and took a year off for year 12)

Ooh sounds nasty, was it an ACL, PCL, Medial Ligament or what?

Nice, plenty of booze in that time I'm guessing ;)

valkorum

@tominator without researching and just looking at the stud pattern I would go with the Predators.  I find that I get better grip with that style of stud compared to the circle stud.

chrisuzz

Quote from: Tominator on July 30, 2012, 08:36:31 PM
With my own online shopping, I've actually narrowed it down to two choices... what would you pick?

Adidas adipower Predator (White/Blue/Electricity)

I tried on a pair cos i was interested and usually get predators but they were un comfy as flower!

chrisuzz

Was wearing these but now theyre screwed starting to rip at the seams owned the classic red/black ones until the same happened to them too.

Now back to wearing these though both straps are broken so i have to wrap some tape around them each time i use them, a classic from 2008 these ones  8)

Absolutly love these two boots though both are probably more for soccer players.

Also own a pair of these which are now half a size too small, but are in amazing condition  :( Wish i could wear them  :(

Jukes

Tominator

one thing I have learned is that Adidas are the best....

leaning towards the Adipures cos they are more classy and more common in the AFL too, but not too sure   :-\

thanks for your input too Valk, Chris :)